The one

너무 늦게
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwon Jiyong was elated, he didn’t know why but he felt like he was. 

 

He opened his eyes but he was momentarily blinded by the bright lights. His vision adjusted and he saw the most beautiful sight he could ever lay eyes upon. There, making her way towards him was the woman of his dreams, his one true love, Sandara Park. She smiled, a smile that could rival that of an angel's, her beautiful smile that would lighten up his world, the smile that could make even the darkest nights brighter, the smile that belongs to the woman he loved. She walked slowly, gracefully, gradually making his way towards him.
 

 People around them were in awe, they were amazed at how beautiful she looked, granted that she is beautiful but she was glowing, she was happy; it was her wedding day after all. He looked around, all eyes were set on her as she made her way to the altar, he looked back at her again and saw her smile, the smile that went all the way up to her eyes, her eyes that had a few tears at the corners, happy tears that he believes are caused by this joyous occasion.

 

And then he finally noticed, her eyes were not directed at him at all, instead they were directed to someone before him, he looked around once again and realized that he was standing near the priest, ‘Wait, am I the best man?’ stunned, he did a double take and saw that instead of him it was his best friend that was in the groom’s place, he was only the best man.  Dread filled him as she finally reached her groom, the groom took her by the hand and led her closer to the altar, Youngbae’s smile was just as blinding as Dara’s, he could see that he was happy, his eyes looked as if they were just lines because of his smile.
 

The ceremony continued, all the while he felt a nagging feeling at the pit of his stomach and a hundred thoughts ran through his mind; ‘What’s happening?’ ‘What’s going on?’ ‘Why am I the best man?’. He was snapped out of his reverie when he heard Youngbae ask for the rings. “Hey man, can I have the ring now?” he smiled at him as he stared back, unable to move, he looked at Dara and he saw that he was looking at him expectantly with a concerned smile on her perfect face. Youngbae asked him for the rings a second time and he finally had it in him to move. He felt for the ring in his pocket, pulled it out and handed it over to his best friend with shaking fingers. ‘Thank you’ he mouthed.


The ceremony progressed so painstakingly slow and he almost missed the minister’s words “You may now kiss the bride”, he looked away because he could almost hear his heart breaking inside his chest. The guests cheered and flowers were thrown over the newly weds. Everyone had happy smiles on their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter