Fighting and Betrayal

Myth

    Taeyeon and Yoona faced their opponents, with Jessica and Tiffany behind them. The tallest of the figures clicked his tongue.

 

“Which one are we after?” He asked.

 

“The blonde.” A curt reply came from the other. He cranes his neck to see over Taeyeon and Yoona, to finally see Jessica. Fear bubbled up inside the blonde as Tiffany immediately stepped in the way.

 

“And this is all she has to protect her? Two girls, one with a stick and the other a flimsy sword? This is just sad. I don’t even want to waste my time with this.” He claimed. Taeyeon felt her grip on her staff tighten as he stepped forward.

 

“Look do us all a favor, stand down, and hand the girl over. I’d hate to ruin a pretty face.” He said.

 

“Identify yourself.” There was venom in Yoona’s tone. The male tilted his head.

 

“I don’t have to tell you who I am, just hand the girl over and no one gets hurt.” He said dully.

 

“Identify yourself.” Yoona repeated.

 

    The male disappeared from sight. Yoona immediately whipped her body around swinging her sword. It collides with something. The male had more or less blocked the blade with his arm, blood spilled slightly to the floor.

 

“You’re gonna have to do a lot more than that.” He mocked. Yoona grits her teeth together as he disappeared again.

 

“Taeyeon, get them out of h--” The girl is sent crashing through one of the glass windows. The male looks back at his partner with a smug smirk.

 

“Take care of things here with ya?” He turned and jumped out after Yoona.

 

Now Taeyeon was alone, facing an opponent who had yet to acknowledge her presence. She did her best to memorize any and all details of them.  Dressed in black with their face well hidden, the glint of metal guards on both arms and the lower half of their legs. She could see the tip of a silver-bow hanging at their side, but no quiver of arrows. It struck an ill cord in her chest.

 

“Tiffany. I don’t want either of you getting caught in the crossfire, especially when I’m heavily outmatched, take Jessica and run. Don’t you dare look back.” Taeyeon said.

 

“But Ta--” Her protest stopped in when she saw Taeyeon’s eyes had turned yellow again. Tiffany grabs Jessica’s arm, slides the back door of the car open, and ran. The figure in front of her noticed her target was getting away.

 

“Don’t even think about it.” She said. Taeyeon twisted her staff around in her hands before steadying it at her side.

 

“Come on, I won’t let you pass me without a fight.” Taeyeon stated. She waited. She saw them take aim and saw a arrow materialize at their fingertips.

 

Blood started pumping through her veins as the arrow fired. She dodges and outwardly attacks, swing her staff down with all her strength. The person narrowly dodges, pulling the string back on their bow making another arrow appear. Taeyeon used her weight to lift herself up and over before the arrow shot out, landing on the edge of one of the seats,  then swinging her staff out aiming at the person’s stomach.

 

CLACK!

 

    The staff  met the metal guard on their leg. Taeyeon stiffens when they curved their leg over the staff, twisting it around with the other and out of her grasp. The staff landed on the ground with a loud ‘clank’ as an arrow is pointed directly at her face.

 

She turned her head to the side quickly, letting the arrow graze her cheek. A swear made it passed her lips.  She falls backwards, her back hitting the floor of the train between two sections of seats. Another arrow is loaded.

 

Taeyeon felt her heart rate slow, she could feel the earth pulse beneath the metal of the train, luckily for her they weren’t completely out of the mass of forest on the outskirts of the city. She slams her hand down on the metal floor as the arrow came towards her.

 

 


    Yoona felt her back collide with the ground within seconds. She breathed in sharply before sitting up. The first six cars in front of where she and the others sat was totaled, if they had been sitting any closer to the main haul they would have been killed. The wall of ice they slammed into wasn’t Jessica’s doing, she could tell. It was too generic to be done by the blonde.

 

“Woah, your still alive!” Yoona glanced up and saw her opponent sitting on top of the car. Yoona memorized every detail, from the shaggy black hair and crimson eyes,  to his cheeky smirk as he stared at her.

 

“Identify yourself.” Yoona said.

 

“You’re still on that? Why are you so keen on knowing my name?” He asked.

 

“So they’d know what to write on your grave.” She gave the same taunting smirk he gave her.

 

“Ooo, your feisty! I like that, this is gonna be fun .Call me Heechul, Miss. Im. ” He grinned happily. Yoona stood up, pulling her sword out of rock with ease before pointing it at him.  They must have been keeping track of them for a while now if he knows her name.

 

“You hurt me Miss. Im, lifting a sword in such a manner is dangerous for someone of your tastes.” He stuck his tongue out at her childishly.

 

“Is this guy serious?” Yoona thought. She blinked only to freeze up. He was gone.

 

The air around her shifted and she quickly jumps out the way. Heechul slammed his fist into the ground, cracking the rock leaving a large crater in its place. She wraps her fingers around the hilt of her sword and swung downwards.  Heechul jumps to the side, she swings right, he jumps to the other side, she swings left. Yoona growled as  she raised her foot and slammed it into the ground.

 

The ground shakes violently causing Heechul to stumble slightly. Yoona took the chance, she twisted her body around and lashed out. She knows she made her mark.  Heechul pauses before a large gash appeared on his chest.

 

“Gah!” He shouted. He coughed harshly, blood spills to the ground as he fell at her feet. Yoona panted. He didn’t move. She waited. When she saw a shadow move behind her, her suspicion was confirmed. She turned and blocked a black dagger with her blade. Heechul grinned at her as he pushed move force into the strike. Yoona felt herself sink into the ground slightly.

 

“Ah, I knew I couldn’t trick you Ms. Im! Even you know a Necromancer when you see one, and you know we have a fairly large line of expendable bodies.” Heechul said. Yoona gritted her teeth and glanced back, the body that was on the ground was that of an old corpse.

 

“What can you do when you don’t know which is real.” Yoona pushed him away and slammed her the heel of her foot, into his temple. He goes flying to the side and into one of the train-cars.

 

“And what’s fake?”

 

Her heart stopped when she felt another presence behind her.

 

 


    Tiffany had grabbed a hold of Jessica and didn’t look back. When she heard the sound of fighting behind her she didn’t look back, when she heard a shout of pain come from Yoona she didn’t look back. She and Jessica ran through the last few cars and out the train completely. Panting for a moment, she kept going, darting into the thick mass of trees.

 

“Tiffany!”

 

The sound of her heart roared in her ears. Her lungs burned.

 

“Tiffany stop!” Only when she felt Jessica yank her arm away did she finally stop. Breathing heavily, she felt her knees give in.

 

“Ack! Hold on there!” Tiffany felt a pair of arms wrap themselves around her, in an effort to keep her standing. Moving slowly, Jessica sat the girl down at the base of a tree.

 

“Tiffany? Are you okay?” Jessica’s concern voice snapped Tiffany out of her daze. She took a deep breath.

 

“Y-Yeah, guess I’m not back to full shape yet.” Tiffany replied. She could have sworn she saw Jessica frown deeply at the statement. The blonde kneels down to her level, her eyes narrowing.

 

“Let me see your arm.” Jessica ordered. Before Tiffany could ask why, the blonde had already grabbed her wrist. Pulling up Tiffany’s sleeve carefully, she grimaced. The wound on her arm that was healing properly had started to bleed again. The blood was seeping through whatever bandages that were wrapped around her arm.

 

“If you keep pushing yourself like this, you’ll be in worse condition than before.” Jessica said. Luckily she managed to keep her bag with her once they started running.

 

Opening it quickly, she pulls out a first-aid kit she took from the house before they left. She strips Tiffany’s arm of the bloodied bandages and replaced them with clean ones. Satisfied in her work, she shoves the kit back inside her bag. When Tiffany attempted to stand up, Jessica immediately pushes her back down gently.

 

“You’re in no shape to move.” Jessica said.

 

“But we have to keep going, Taeyeon said--”

 

“You’re not moving until I say you can!” Jessica snapped. Pausing slightly, the blonde sighs.

 

“I just don’t want you to get hurt anymore.” Jessica said softly. It took the girl a moment to process what she was told before she gives a weak smile.

 

“Well then tough luck, cause as long as I’m breathing, I won’t ever stop protecting you.” Tiffany said.

 

“Idiot.” Jessica said.

 

The two stared at each other for some time, both lost in their own thoughts about the other. If anything, Tiffany once again took note of the blonde’s beauty. The rise of her shoulders as she breathed, that look of honest concern mixed with worry, the faint smell of blueberries that wavered off the blonde. Tiffany could feel her face heating up the longer she looked.

 

“Jessica I--” Before she could speak, there was a loud crashing noise near by. Tiffany felt her heart stop. Jessica immediately stands up looking in the direction of the noise.

 

“Woah…” Tiffany craned her neck to see behind her, only for her eyes to widen. From here, they could see the roots of trees grabbing onto the train, weaving themselves into the windows and along the track.

 

Taeyeon.” Tiffany felt a wave of worry wash over her. Taeyeon rarely used her powers unless Tiffany herself was in major trouble. The thought of her closest friend being in danger made her feel sick to her stomach.

 

 


    Yoona took a deep breath. As of right now, she was certain that Heechul is an idiot. For many reasons of course, one was the fact he was wasting his energy is just changing bodies over and over, another was the fact he was teasing her like he was her older brother. But right now she can confirm he is idiot because she had quite literally left him paralyzed from the waist down due to the fact she had crushed both of his legs with a rock, yet he refuses to change bodies.

 

“Come on finish me off, I know you want to!” He said cheerfully.

 

“This guy is sick, and twisted.” Yoona thought. She had suffered a series of casualties herself, Heechul had managed to cut not once, but four different times.

 

One time on her shoulder, one time on her cheek, one time on her leg, and the newest one was on her arm. She was pretty sure her left wrist was broken and there was a bruise forming on her stomach. None of this was bad, she was a strong willed girl that worked through the pain. Right now she wasn’t sure what to do with Heechul.

 

“Don’t leave me hanging!” Heechul said. Yoona sighed before sitting criss-cross on the ground.

 

“I have some questions for you, I expect you to answer them as long as you’re...stuck.” Yoona said.

 

“Sorry, but that goes against everything I stand for.” Heechul said.

 

“Do you think you have a choice?” Yoona raised a brow. Heechul gave her a serious look.

 

“I’m serious. My employer doesn’t take lightly to squealers.” Heechul stuck his tongue out. Yoona had finally noticed it. A black star with wings hand been tattooed to his tongue.

 

“This puppy activates and I die brutally. ” Heechul said.  Yoona readied her sword, seeing  Heechul as useless if he couldn’t tell her anything.

 

“Wait wait wait! I can give you a riddle!” Yoona paused lowering her weapon.

 

It comes in the night, it hides from the light

Once it hits 12 a new light follows

But wait, sunlight is no longer here

1 year and 4 months

The time is ticking, lives are slipping

Can you stop a Demon, without a God?

    

Yoona blinked as Heechul smiled again.

 

 


    Taeyeon panted heavily. Blood was seeping from the cut on her cheek, but she didn’t care. Her body was screaming at her to stop, as she stood up straight. Various arrows were embedded around her, the last one had near killed her, as it exploded into a fiery blast, which scrouched half the seats.

 

She realized in a short period of time that her opponent didn’t want to fight her, at least until she attempted to yank their hood off. They used mostly standard arrows, unless she got too close. Which is why Taeyeon acted the way she did.

 

Using as much as her power she was limited to, she had the roots of trees pushed the train car around and wove them through the now shattered windows. It caused both of them to get bruises here and there, but it was worth the risk. Right now she managed to get her opponent immobilized, roots of trees had latched onto their wrists making it impossible for them to use their bow. There were no more arrows. For now.

 

Taeyeon moved carefully, trying her best not to trip over the limbs of trees and what not before standing in front of them. They didn’t bother to lift their head.

 

“I want answers, right now. Tell me who sent you and what you plan to do once you get your hands on my friend.” Taeyeon said sternly. When she got no answer, she felt her patience dwindling down to almost nothing.

 

“Answer me!” Taeyeon growled. Her hand instinctively went up and pulled their hood down. Her body tenses up. Her mind goes blank. Her heart stops. Her yellow eyes met familiar, dark brown ones.

 

    The longer Taeyeon stared, the more she couldn’t believe in reality. Brown hair stopped just above her shoulders, her lips pressed in a straight line. Taeyeon’s eyes studied her face, over and over, but her heart wouldn’t accept it.

 

“S...Sunny?” The name was foreign to Taeyeon, even now. At the sound of her name the girl before her flinched and avoided Taeyeon’s gaze. Taeyeon backed away, her hand shaking.

 

“No. No this has to be a trick.” Her body was trembling.Tears pricked in the back of her eyes, her heart beat roared in her ears, her lungs burned.

 

She was losing her mind, there’s no way that she was real. No way right? Right? Taeyeon’s eyes flickered back to their original shade as her knees buckled. The roots of the trees slowly wilted, giving Sunny the chance to drop down onto her feet. She picked up her discarded bow and walked slowly towards Taeyeon.

 

“No. No. This isn’t real. You’re not...You’re not--!” Taeyeon stared up into the girl’s eyes, tears spilling down her face.

 

“Why...why would you… I don’t...?” Taeyeon couldn’t get a clear coherent phrase passed her lips.

 

    Suddenly the world around her was going dark. Taeyeon felt her body being moved and laid across a seat. She sees Sunny’s blurred features as something was pressed against her forehead. Then she heard the sound of boots hitting against metal fading by the second. A flash of an old memory appeared before her eyes.

 

 

Promise things will get better.”

 

“Don’t worry! Fate will bring us back together!”

 

 

“Please...Don’t...Don’t leave me again.”

 

    She blacks out.

 

 


“Do you like it? It’s very simple!” He said. Yoona opened but paused. She heard something. She ducks out the way, as a arrow sailed over head.

 

Her eyes widen when it embedded itself in Heechul’s throat. Heechul stared, eyes wide. Yoona swears as she looks behind her. Anger bubbled up inside of Yoona when she saw no one.

 

“Coward!” Yoona shouted into the wind. She looks back at Heechul and sighs. With a heavy heart, she walks over to Heechul, closes his eyes, and went to see if Taeyeon was okay. She can only hope Tiffany and Jessica can fend for themselves for just a little while longer.

 


 

Jessica was afraid, very afraid, but she wouldn’t let it show. Tiffany called the girl paranoid, but she knew that someone was there. The blonde glanced at her hands for a moment.

 

“If I did it when I was younger, then I can do it now.” Jessica told herself. She took a breath and focused. She closed her eyes only to opened them when she felt something strange. Breathing out, she saw her own breathe in chilled air. Was this how it felt with power rushing through her veins?

 

“I’m not a pushover, if you want me then you’ll have to fight me first!” Jessica called out. When she heard someone stepping closer to them, she took a fighting stance.

 

“Jessica is that you?” Yoona’s voice made the blonde relax, but only slightly. Even when Yoona stepped out into the open, she didn’t let her guard down. Tiffany’s eyes widen.

 

“Taeyeon!” Tiffany stared with a mix of alarm and worry.  Yoona was currently carrying the unconscious girl on her back, along with her case and Taeyeon’s bag. She gave the blonde a smug grin.

 

“Nice to see that someone’s getting a headstart on their training. Nice blue eyes by the way. ” Yoona’s comment cause the blonde to pause. She gives a faint smile.

 

“Thanks. Now let’s get moving. We need to get to a safer place that isn’t out in the open like this.”

 

Yoona nodded in agreement. Jessica turned and helped Tiffany to her feet, as they made a slow trail away from the train. The blonde glanced back only once. There was a lingering moment where she knew that someone was watching them, but they were letting them go. She slightly mumbled another ‘ Thank You’ before moving along with the others.

 

 


    Sunny had a million thoughts running through her head as she watched them leave. As her target moved further and further out of her sight one thing was certain.


“The Myth is actually coming true.”


ANNNNDDDDDD DONE! This has to be the longest chapter I have ever written for this. According to the word count there's around 3220 words and about 14800 characters (THAT IS A LOT MORE THEN I PLANNED)

Finished two hours before Christmas too! And y'alls gift is Sunny! Who turned out to be (somewhat) evil, but hey Sunny's here! There is HEAVY foreshadowing here and will be in the future. Now all we have to do is wait on Sooyoung to show up! 

Now then on to the usual, we have moved up to 5181 views and 164 subs! I'm so glad this story is getting such a powerful response and hope for your support in the many chapters to come! 

Happily Holidays and Have an amazing Christmas!

Until next time, my ghouls and ghosts!

GHOSTKEEPER