[Deserve Better]

Press...

Ronan

"Excuse me; could you move your bag?"

I stood over my seat on the plane headed for Dallas. I couldn't wait to get home and finally visit my family. I hadn't seen them in almost a year and the seperation was taking its toll on me every day I had to spend with that ruthless wench.

"Hello?"

The girl sitting in the spot beside my seat wasn't even listening, just reading a book.

"Hey!"

I hit the top of her seat. I wasn't in the mood for her iness. Her head whipped upwards and she glared at me. "What?" she mouthed. I scrunched my nose and motioned at her bag. 

"Can you move your bag?" With another glare she snatched her bag and dropped it in her lap and turned back to her book. 

"Thank you," I plopped down and adjusted myself. 

"Do you have the time?" I asked her. 

After a minute I realized she was back to ignoring me. I rolled my eyes and mumbled under my breath before turning to an elderly man across the aisle. "."

Dace

"Kale, we need to talk," I switched my cellphone to my other hand as I locked my car door. 

"'Bout what?" 

He didn't sound the least bit excited to see me, but what could I expect from someone with no social skills to speak of. Unless, he wanted something, of course.

"We just need to talk. Can I come over?"

made my way up the driveway.

"No. I'm busy, Dace. You know I have to work." 

"Selling drugs doesn't count as actually working. And I can see you through the window. Can you send the off for a while and let me in? It's important."

I rolled my eyes and checked out my nails. Catching him with other women was nothing new to me. As I'd come to find out, he'd met up with other women throughout the entire time we were together. And of course, with my luck, he just so happened to be the one guy I'd managed to stay with for longer than a week. He was my first. First actual relationship. First love. First . First one to make love to. And also the first one to break my heart and not give a at all.

The door swung open to reveal a shirtless Kale, a scantily clad woman by his side. 

"You know stalking is illegal in the U.S. right?"

"So is ion, but you still participate in it," I retorted and nodded respectfully towards the woman.

Just because she didn't have the deceny to respect herself didn't mean I couldn't show it to her.

She snorted.

"I'll see you later, baby," she leaned up and stuck her tongue in his mouth. I scrunched my face in disgust and turned away when he started groping her . Could they be any more trashy? Three minutes later they were still going at it. 

"Excuse me? Hi. Can you part tonsils long enough for me to talk to Kale?" 

The woman slid her eyes over to me and broke into a forced smile.

"Sorry. Sure, he's all yours."

She turned to him and kissed him one last time.

"See you, daddy."

She winked at him and walked off, putting way more swing in her hips than was necessary.

"Really, Kale?"

I pushed past him into his apartment.

"You can't do any better than that?"

He closed the door and walked into the kitchen.

"Jealous?" he smirked and pulled out two beers.

"Hardly," I responded deadpan and handed it back to him.

"How long have you been screwing her?"

"That's not really any of your business, now is it?"

He leaned back on his counter, giving me a full display of the tattoos crawling down his sides and roping around his mocha arms. I could tell he'd finally grown his hair out like he'd wanted to as it was brushed back into a curly puffball of a ponytail. His tattoo that marked ship into one of the toughest gangs in Dallas, Black, sat in the middle of his chest, where his heart was. At one point, I had thought it was y. Now, I realized just how naïve I was. He wasn't y; he was bad news I was too stubborn to ignore. I shrugged my shoulders and hopped onto a stool.

"Just making conversation." 

He sipped his drink and watched me as I tryed to organize my thoughts properly. 

"I honestly don't know how to tell you this. I'm still trying to process, but I need your full support in this and I need you to promise not to hate me because we both--". 

"What," he interrupted me.

Now, any other time I would been perfectly comfortable, but he was staring at me with those eyes. His eyes were of the blackest coal and even after all this time, they still managed to make me shiver, both with excitement, and fear. His eyes were the way he used to be able to manipulate me. He knew all he'd have to do was look at me and I was placed under a spell only he could release me from. 

"Estoy...embarazada.

"What does that have to do with me?" 

"Es...tuyo."

He was silent for a long time. I squeezed my eyes shut and bowed my head. I refused to let him see me cry. I knew coming here was a bad decision, but I needed for him to know. I needed to know if he still cared. If I'd given him another chance after he'd cheated so many times, maybe he could understand and we could work it out, but deep down, I knew this would happen. I just hated I hadn't fully prepared myself for the reality of it. After some time I got my answer. 

"Get out."