Something New

Look Here

“I woke up at 5 o’clock this morning, without my butler trying to wake me up nor any alarm, weird isn’t it? I don’t even know why. First I slept at 3, second I was so tired that day, how could I woke up so early. Something’s wrong with my body.” I complain to my friend, Futaba Yui.

“Are you sure you weren’t took any medicine that night?” she asked.

“Yes, I’m sure. If I did, then I shouldn’t be sleepy right now.”

“Well just go to the infirmary and take some rest, Riku.” She suggested.

“Nice idea, I’m going. Bye Yui!” I left her in front of the class and ran to the infirmary.

Yui is my bestfriend, my one and only bestfriend. She’s nice, reliable, trustworthy, and smart. She’s cute but doesn’t have a boyfriend yet. That’s because she got a high standards . A lot of boys at my school is having a crush on Yui, but Yui seems not interested at all, she said she wants to finish her school first, what a really nice girl she is. While me, I’m popular just because my father’s money. Yes I’m the only daughter of the owner of K.Y Group. K.Y Group is the biggest company in Japan, that’s why everyone acts nice to me so my father will help their small company, everyone except Yui, she scolds me when I’ve done something wrong, that’s why I love her so much.

“Ding Dong…”

The bell rang, it means lunch time.

“Wait, lunch time? What time is it now? 2? I’ve been sleeping for 6 hours?” I whispered to myself.

I wake up and go to the canteen. I spotted Yui, it seems like she’s looking for me.

“Riku! I was so worried. Where have you been?” she asked.

“The infirmary. I slept for 6 hours.” I explained grinning.

“You must be very tired. What do you want for lunch?” this means she’ll treat me…

xxx

I went home, then there’s my parents sit quietly in the family room. I think they want to talk to me.

“What is this all about?” I started the conversation.

“This is about your college.” My mom answered

“I’ve decided where and what.”

“Where?” my dad asked

“Hanguk University, hmm Graphic Design, dad.”

My dad seems surprised

“South Korea?” he asked again.

“Ya. Why?” I confused

“Why don’t you study here? In Japan? If you want to take Graphic Design so bad you could.” My mom’s disagree.

“Mom, University in Korea is so much better.” I explained.

“But you could spend your time with us if you’re in Japan. We’re getting older, Riku.”

“But mom… This is about my career.”

“Okay I’ll let you go.” My dad spoke up.

“See? Even dad said yes. So? Deal. I’m going to Korea. Night mom,dad.”

My mom is looking at my dad and giving him a confused look. Well I’m curious too, why would my dad let me, usually he’s really protective over myself. I don’t care tho. The thing is, I could go. I always want to go there, to live there, that’s why my dream will come true.

Xxx

3 months later.
I finally graduated, tomorrow I’m going to Seoul. Everything has been prepared, I’m so happy! Yui will stay in Japan, but I told her to visit Korea sometimes, so that’s alright. I’ll stay in a luxurious apartment of course that because my dad won’t let me to stay in a lodge.

 

I’ve arrived at Incheon Airport, I already felt different. Koreans are pretty and dress really well. But now the only problem is how do I communicate with them? I heard that Korean aren’t fluent in speaking English and I can’t speak Korean. I have to find someone who can speak English/Japanese or I’ll trapped here.

I’ve been in Incheon for 2 hours and haven’t found anyone who can speak English either Japanese. God, I have to do something. I’ll just get out and find a taxi. Just like what written here, my apartment is in Gangnam street 386.

Ah there’s a taxi.

“Excuse me sir, can you take me here?” I asked him politely. But he ended up leaving me because he couldn’t understand me.

Now what should I do? Ah, I’ll take the bus.

I walked a few miles from the airport and found a bus station. I bought one ticket for me to Gangnam Street station and I entered the bus. Since it was midnight, so there wasn’t many person inside. I sat and put on my earphone Party In The USA by Miley Cyrus was played. I looked at the window, Seoul is such a beautiful city, I fell in love. I once went to Korea but this one felt different because this time I’m alone. It’s only 5 hours and I already missed my parents. I haven’t buy a sim card that’s why my parents haven’t called me.

The bus stopped, I think we already arrived at Gangnam Street. I got out from the bus, it’s very dark outside and nobody was there. I looked for my apartment, I had a feeling that my apartment isn’t far away from here.

Suddenly someone grabbed my bag and pulled my bag out, I was shocked and panic, I ran unconsciously and scream without thinking. I tried to catch him but I wasn’t fast enough. My lungs is out of and air, so I stopped. There are bunch of guys ran after the thief all of a sudden. I can’t see their face, they were running very fast.

‘You okay?” a blonde guy asked me in English.

“Ya, I’m alright.” I answered still in panic.

He continues running without answer me.

10 minutes later…

I sit by the sidewalk waiting for them. A while after that, they come to me. Their hands are full of bloods. I think they fought the thief earlier. I’m a bit confused, why would they helped a stranger like me, they could die.

A bag thrown to me.

“Here goes your bag.” The blonde guy speak to me again.

“Thank you so much. OMG, I don’t even know what to say, if you guys weren’t helped me I don’t know what would happen.  I’m really thankful. What would you guys want as a payback? Diner? It’s all on me.” I asked

The blonde guy seems the only one who can understand me, he’s translating me to them. After that, their expressions change they look excited.

“What? Dinner? You’ll treat us? Toningt? Yeay! I haven’t eat Dwaenjjangjjigoe for a month.” The mushroom hair guys spoke. (in Korean)

“He said he wants to eat pork belly.” The good looking guy told me in Japanese.

“You speak Japanese? Thanked God. Let’s go to the restaurant and I’ll introduce myself.” I suggested (in Japanese)

 

They brought me to a small oriental restaurant. Well I have enough money even if they bring me to the fancy one.

“I’m Riku, Yamada Riku. I’m Japanese and I go to Korea for college. I felt guilty, because I can’t speak Korean.”I introduced myself (in english)

“Okay, our turn.” The blonde guy says

“I’m Kim Namjoon, but everyone calls me Rapmon or Rapmonster, I think you know why.” Blonde guy introduced himself first. (in English)

“Because you can rap.” I answered surely.

He nodded.

“I’m Kim Seokjin. You can call me Jin.”ah the Japanese speaker, he’s such a good looking guy.

“I’m Yoonggi. Call me Suga.” A red colored hair guy said, he seems mysterious just like Jin, but Jin looks more handsome, I think. (in Korean)

“I’m Hoseok. But I think J-Hope is cooler. But you can call me Hopie..” he acted cute. (In Korean)

“Everyone has a nickname.” I giggled

“Everyone except me.” Someone spoke from behind. (in Korean)

“And you are?”

“Jimin, Park Jimin.” He’s hot. I looked at his shoulder, it’s very wide and he’s wearing tank top to showing off his biceps, but he’s cute at the same time.

“I don’t hava any nickname too. I’m Jungkook.” (in Korean)

This Jungkook is cute, he’s awkward but cute. He must be younger than all of us, but his face doesn’t seems so.

The last one is the mushroom hair guy, he’s eating his food with a full excitement, his foonds seem tastier than anyone else’. Rapmon who sit beside him, poke him told him to introduce himself.

“Hmm?Naega?” he asked while the food was still in his mouth.

“Ya, your turn.” Jimin answered.

“My name is Kim Taehyung, Taehyung Kim. Well, I like it when people calls me V.” he grinned.
He’s pretty cute, even if he’s mouth is in a mess.

“He must be really hungry.” I speak to myself.

After we finished our meal, they accompanied me to my apartment. They look surprise. Ya, because I live in this luxurious building.

“This is where you live?” Suga asked me. (in Korean).

“Ya, but there’s another problem.”

“Mwo?” V asked

“He said ‘what?’” rapmon translated.

“I don’t know where’s my university.”

“What is that called?” Jungkook asked. (in Korean)

“Hanguk University.”

“Ah, Hanguk. It’s very famous, how could you didn’t know that?” Jimin giving me an awkward face.

“Why don’t we work as her tour guide, body guard, and her Korean teachers?” J-Hope suggested. That makes me a bit surprised. (In Korean)

“Not a bad idea.” Jimin agreed. (In Korean)

“But as our salary, you have to pay our bills and meals.” V keep talking about food. (In Korean)

“That’s not a big deal.” I answered easily.

“Wait, we’re going to be her slave?” Suga asked.

“Not a slave, a helper.” Rapmon ‘s agree too.

“Whatever.” Jin left.

The others followed him.

“See you tomorrow.” Jungkook and V waved.

“Hey! Phone number. We need yours.”

“I haven’t bought any sim card.” I said

“What? Okay, I’ll buy one for you.”

“What a very kind of you.” I thanked him.

“Bye.”

“Bye.”

So many things happened today, and I think tomorrow will be a big day too, I’m looking forward to it.