Chapter Two: CV5HE3

Steel Heart

 

"Let me go!!!" Sanghee heard a loud cry from the corner. She tried to open her eyes but to no avail. She tried to blink but her body won't allow her.
 
She started to hear several footsteps, something being pulled and men talking. She heard the same voice crying again. She wants to ask them whats going on but wouldn't cooperate.
 
"Noona! Sanghee noona!" a boy cried again. Is that my brother??? Sanghyuk-ah!!! She thought and tried her best to open her eyes, which she finally did. Everything was blurry, and her eyesight won't even get clear.
 
Her younger brother was right in front of her, another guy whom she can't recognize was on the other side.
 
Then suddenly, she felt an overwhelming pain and extreme tiredness. She felt her eyes being heavy until she closes them again, hearing cries and sobs from her brother. No, Sanghyuk-ah. Don't cry... Noona's fine...
 
Everything went blank until she woke up. She could hear metal clashing together and murmur coming from people. A familiar voice spoke to her "Sanghee-yah, are you finally up???" Something felt wrong the moment she opened her eyes;
 
She can't see anything. Just all jet black surroundings.
 
She started panicking, the machine started beeping. She tried pulling up but half of her body felt numb. She felt someone pin her down to wherever she was lying down. An excuriating pain washed through her body, as if her heart stopped beating. She choked as she tried to breathe.....
.
.
.
.
.

 
 
"Sanghee yah!" *knock knock knock*
 
Cyborg CV5HE3 Capsule 5133991 lock deactivated
 
"Goddamnit, Jaehwan! It won't open!" Taekwoon searched for the red button on her capsule. "She's going to break down if we don't wake her up!" Jaehwan continued typing on the computer inside Sanghee's room. "There! I found it!" he hit a certain button and the capsule went off.
 
He broke the capsule glass, not caring if he has to buy one again. Taekwoon carried Sanghee out from the machine and laid her on his arms, both of them on the cold floor now.
 
Beads of sweat was forming on her whole body and her face was panic striken; as if she's trying to wake up. He shook her hard; even started slapping her cheeks to wake her up. "For christ sake Han Sanghee! You have to open your eyes!"
 
Then, her eyes opened, revealing her bright blue orbs. She gasped for air while her chest heaved up and down. Taekwoon noticed how she tried to find him when he called her name. He felt as if he fell down from a skyscrapper.
 
Jaehwan ran to where they are, helping Taekwoon adjust her to a seating position. He checked her pulse, then shook his head. "We need to check her wiring vitals. Wait here..." then ran off the door to grab something from the laboratory.
 
"It hurts... I can't see anything..." she cried, trying to reach for her left arm. She felt someone hold her left arm, rubbing it as if to soothe her. "Can you feel this?"
 
Panic and frustration was shown on her face. She shook her head in response. "I can't feel my left arm and leg... sunbae..." she croaked, still catching her breath. ", not again..." He carried her bridal style and he ran to the nearest open elevator. 
 
It took them to where the laboratory is located. "Jaehwan-ah!!! Lee Jaehwan!!!" he screamed, then one of the laboratory door opened. He went inside and laid her down the operating table. Jaehwan held a thick needle connected to a tablet, while Taekwoon started putting the machine patches on her right temple and left side of her chest.
 
The other man inserted the needle deeply on her left arm, waiting for the results until it starred beeping and was blinking red. "We need to do it..." Jaehwan ran off and started wheeling an equipment beside the operating table. Taekwoon looked mortified upon seeing the machine, taking a glance at the suffering girl in front of him and back at the machine. "No... not this one---" 
 
"We don't have any other choice, hyung---"
 
"It'll hurt her even more!!!!" Taekwoon raised his voice, but Jaehwan made his stand clear. He knew how painful this is for their friend but they need to do it, or else it'll become worse. "Either we do this or we watch her suffer, you choose..." the laboratory became quiet except for Sanghee's painful whimper. 
 
Jaehwan handed over the attached device of the machine to him. "If it will make you happy at least, I'll have you do it to her instead..." The two scientists looked at each other, Jaehwan still holding onto this hyung's hand, which was holding the device. Taekwoon took a deep breath and nodded. "Call her brother and tell him to visit first thing tomorrow..." 
 
Jaehwan nodded, receiving his orders and went out of the laboratory. He rolled her to the other side, so that her back was facing him. He started cutting off the temporary skin on her nape, revealing a titanium plate with four screws. He unscrewed them, revealing the black box separating the machine from her actual body. He put the wired bronze clippers on her metal plates. 
 
He bent down on her eye level, her cheeks. "We'll do that thing again, okay? Just like the last time this happened..." he paused, she nods. "If you want you can hold my ha--" 
 
"And electrocute you? It's okay, sunbae..." she started calming down. "I'll hurt you more than I am... I'm partly machine after all..." He shook his head, hushing her down. "You're still human, after all..." he stood up and the machine. 
 
UltraShock Machine Version XIXV now preparing... Voice command is activated. Please say "E.S." before every command. 
 
"E.S." he paused, kneeling in front of her. "Prepare shock therapy..." he bit his lips after the command. "Close your eyes,  Han Sanghee..." she did what she was told and closed her eyes. He stood up and walked not so far away from the table. "E.S...." 
 
"Activate Shock Therapy...." 
 
Activating Shock Therapy in 5.....4.....
 
3.....
 
2.....
 
1......
 
*click*
 
and the last thing that Jung Taekwoon wants to hear that dreadful night was her painful cry and screams. 
 
=+=
 
She opened her eyes, adjusting to the bright light coming from the window. Her vision was a bit blurry until it became clear again after a few blinks. She looked around and found herself on the laboratory. She held her head and tried sitting up. Just when she was about to fall flat on the bed, the door opened, revealing a boy in his twenties. 
 
"Noona! What are you doing up?" he ran up to the bed and helped her sit up by putting pillows behind her back, adjusting the bed for her. She looked at him and blinked, he saw what she did and gave her some space between them. "Do.... you still remember me?" he asked to which she blinked again. 
 
The boy slightly winced and scratched his head. "Taekwoon hyung must've shocked you too much..." he nervously smiled. "Shocked..." she mumbled and looked down, trying to figure out what really happened before she found herself inside the laboratory. The bed moved slightly when the boy stood up and told her he'll walk for a while. 
 
She turned her head and grasped his arm, startling the younger guy. "Sanghyuk-ah..." she said, still stuttering. His eyes widened and sat down, holding her from both of her shoulders. "Noona! You remember me?!" he asked, pointing to himself. The door opened again, this time Taekwoon and Jaehwan entered, Wonshik and Jihyun following suit. 
 
"Hyung! She remembers me!" Sanghyuk happily said, looking at her older sister once again and tucked a hair behind her ear. She looked at the people who just arrived and deeply gazed at them one by one. 
 
"Jihyun-ah..." Jihyun smiled and nodded. 
 
She then looked at the person beside him. "Ravi..." she muttered. "Geez, if you'll call me that again, I'd rather have hyung shock therapy you everyday, dude..." he joked before earning a smack on the back from his girlfriend. "That is not a good joke, Kim Wonshik..." 
 
Sanghee looked at the other guy who just spoke to Wonshik and tilted her head, still thinking and then blinking... "Jaehwan....oppa." Jaehwan looked at her and nodded, patting her in the head. She then looked at the guy kneeling right in front of her. 
 
Taekwoon looked straight into her eyes, hoping that he didn't shock her too much yesterday and that she could still remember everyone inside the room. He'll be guilty if ever the side effect of too much shock will happen to her again. "Do...you still remember me?" he asked. 
 
Sanghee looked confused, but then she smiled and nodded. "Jung Taekwoon sunbaenim..." 
 
=+=
 
Sanghyuk fed her the last spoonful of chicken noodle soup before wiping the side of . "Aigoo, my sister must've been so scared yesterday..." he joked, earning a nudge at the ribs from Sanghee. She smiled and shook her head. Good thing that she was starting to regain her energy again. 
 
"When was the last time you had this kind of quote un-quote nightmare, noona?" he asked, starting to clear up the tray before putting it away. She scratched her head, trying to remember. "I don't know... I don't remember having them last year..." she paused and got the glass of water from him. "Two years, maybe?" 
 
Sanghyuk looked lost for a moment, before talking again. "That still years apart from your last attack... Are you sure you're okay?" she nodded, pulling her brother close to him to play with his hair. "Let's talk about you now! I missed you, you know..." 
 
"Noona, I'm not the five years old Han Sanghyuk anymore. Don't squish my cheeks it hurts!!" 
 
She feigned a cry before pushing him in a joking manner. "My little brother's growing up. Don't get married yet!!" "Geez, noona! I don't even have a girlfriend to start off with!" they started laughing before Sanghyuk stopped and just started at her being all smiles and happy. 
 
She noticed his look towards her and stopped as well. "Anything okay?" she got surprised when suddenly he pulled her into a big warm hug. "Noona, don't get hurt in the future, okay?". She smiled upon his words and nodded on his shoulder, rubbing his back as well as a sign of comfort. 
 
"It's okay if you don't age because you're partly machine now. I just want you to watch over me 'till I grow old..." he said, trying to hide the tears that he's been holding since yesterday after Jaehwan broke the news to him that she got an attack again. 
 
"Sanghyuk-ah, are you cryi---"
 
"I just want you to be happy, Noona..." he finally let out the tears and sobbed on her shoulder. She hugged him tight and rocked his body back and forth while trying to calm him down, telling him that nothings going to happen to her. Sanghyuk didn't care if the others can hear him cry like a five year-old. He has to relieve himself every time he hears that his only surviving family is on the brink of breaking down. 
 
She kissed his temple and hugged him tighter, if that was even possible. She wanted to convey her love for him even through small deeds like hugging. 
 
"Noona will always be here for you, Sanghyuk-ah. Always remember that" 
 
=+=
 
Hakyeon came into the coffee shop with a panda plushie. He greeted Jihyun upon entering and asked where Sanghee was seated. She pointed at the very corner of the room, smiling. "Can you bring this over to her as well? She wanted me to make her a cup of her favorite tea..." she asked to which Hakyeon obliged. 
 
He walked on the far corner of the room and saw her looking out of the window. Smiling, he made sure his footsteps wasn't making any sound and walked to her table. He gently placed the cup of tea on the table, the soft plushie after. She finally noticed another person's presence and looked up. Her face glowed with happiness and smiled back. 
 
"Hakyeon sunbae, you're here..." she stood up but he held her, telling her to just sit down. "You must've been tired, huh?" he asked, earning a nod from the girl. "Are you feeling okay now? I heard from Taekwoon..." he scooted closer and rubbed her arms. She nodded and smiled. 
 
"Got a terrible headache when I woke up, but I'm okay now. Thank you for asking..." she grabbed the fluffy toy and hugged it close to her chest. "Is this for me?" she asked, her eyes sparkling. "It's my get well soon gift for you..." Hakyeon said, playing with the teddy bear as well. "I named him Benben... I told him to comfort you every night..." 
 
"He's so cute! Thank you, sunbae! I'll take care of him well..." Sanghee continued to play with the toy, drinking from her cup of tea once in a while. Hakyeon just stared at her, finding it cute and amusing as well. He's happy that she's finally okay and back to her old bubbly self. "Sanghee-yah..."
 
"Yes, sunbae?" 
 
He grabbed something from his jacket's inside pocket, getting a hold of two movie tickets and placed it on the table. "I promised myself that I'll take you to the movies one time..." he paused. She looked at him surprised, her cheeks starting to blush. "It's a re-run of Audrey Hepburn movies and I remembered you like her.... so?" 
 
She looked at him and the tickets on the table before she nodded, too enthusiastically for someone who got invited to watch a movie, not to mention from a guy she actually likes. 
 
"Great! Let's get going then!" 
 
Meanwhile on the laboratory, Taekwoon was listening to Jaehwan's explanation about the new equipment they've bought when his message tone suddenly played. Annoyed by the sound, he grabbed the gadget from his pocket and read the message. 
 
I'm taking her out on a movie date. Don't worry, I'll send her home as soon as possible. 
-Hakyeon
 
"Who is it?" Jaehwan asked, fixing his glasses' frame. Taekwoon hid his phone and nodded his head towards Jaehwan. "Just continue with your explanation. So you're saying that this will probably save time when rendering, right?" he asked, looking at the brochure they were following as a guide. Jaehwan noticed his sudden change of expression and snorted. 
 
"What?" Taekwoon asked, slightly annoyed upon hearing his younger comrade snort in front of him. Jaehwan pointed to his phone "That was Hakyeon hyung, isn't it?". Taekwoon frozed and slightly nodded. "Figured. Jihyun told me that he went out with Sanghee today..." 
 
"I know. He just texted me." he plainly said, closing the booklet and finally looking at him. "She'll be safe. Don't worry.." 
 
"Oh, I don't worry at all, Hyung. She's with Hakyeon hyung so I'm fine with it...." Jaehwan said, sending funny looks at his hyung. 
 
"I'm not sure with you, though. Your expression tells me otherwise." 
 
The next thing Jaehwan knew, he was running around the laboratory, trying to figure out how to escape from the raging Jung Taekwoon whose been chasing him, with a rolled newspaper on his hand, ready to hit him anytime he has him upon his reach. 
 
=End of Chapter Two=
 
=======================================
 
Chapter Two finally updated! ^^ So how is the story so far? Sobs I think I dragged this chapter a wee bit too much ;;; Don't worry I'll make it up on Chapter Three! 

Make sure you hit subscribe button and send some starlight lovin' through the comment section below! 
 
Thank you for reading! <3 
 
AND YAY!!! #ERROR1STWIN #VIXX4THWIN <3 Sending some Intergalactical Starlight Power Hug to everyone! :"3 
 
xoxo,
wickedbrownies ^^