Last.

I'm Never Giving Up On You

“Himchan-ah! Where are we going? Can’t you take off the blindfold? I’m dying over here.” “Just wait okay baby.” Himchan kiss the top of your head while his hand still holding onto the steering. You let out a sigh, “At least, give me a clue. We’re not gonna have another family dinner right cause I’m not prepared and I don’t look good and your mom –“ “Shh.” “But –“ He turn on the radio and pump up the volume loud enough that you can’t hear anything else. You sigh in defeat. Soon, everything were dark. It has been dark with the blindfold over your eyes but this time you can’t hear anything as you fall asleep.

 

You wake up in a strange place. It was a big but scary room as everything in the room were white. There’s nothing but your own breath keeping you company. You sits up on the bed and wonder. Your skin can’t help but tingle at the unfamiliar place. As you hug yourself to ease the fear, you walk to the door. You turn the knob around and the door squeaks a little. You stepped out of the room and walk through the wide hallway. All you could see was doors. Same as the one that you’ve gathered up courage to twist the knob before. As you’ve passed four identical doors, you see just another one. The carving was the same, the knob was alike but this time the door is ajar. You incite yourself to  push the door, making way for you to see nothing but a portable computer on a desk. The white colour had never leave your sight. But by now, you’re sure that you’re still on earth and not in some abode of the Gods. You heaved a relief sigh. Like a child who had never seen a cat, you carefully look into the gadget. As you’re trying to find something useful, a video popped up. Five masked man all equiped with a weapon. One with a knife, smeared with blood. The other with a gun. A guy with a baseball bat. One with a bottle of what seems like a girl perfume. And the last with a … cherry tomato?

 

All of them gathered around a guy. A bloody guy. You look further and – “Himchan?!” “Yes, your Himchan,” the video speaks. “No.. No, not him! Why?” You fall down on your knees as tears come streaming down your cheeks.  “Come, save your love while you can.” The man on the screen speaks. You stand back up and protest, “Who the are you guys?!” “Nobody.”  A guy caressed Himchan’s face with a knife. “! You guys are gonna get it good when I find every single one of you!” “Noona –“ A guy was trying to speak up but his mouth was shut by his own fellow. “Himchan-ah! Wait for me. Hang on till I get there!” You shout to the weak Himchan. He won’t be able to sit up straight if it aren’t for the man who’s grabbing a fistful of his hair. His red and white checkered shirt is now just red as the blood was all over him. His face is pale. Every part of his body has a blood stain. But he, the man you’ll  marry someday is still able to smile almost as sweet as the smile he gave when you first met. “Hurry up. Or this would do so many harm.” The guy with the perfume hold the bottle up. You know for sure you can’t let that happen. Not again.

 

“Himchan, why are you red all of the sudden? You seems swollen too. What’s wrong?” Himchan couldn’t answer you as he passed out. The both of you was driven to the hospital by an ambulance you had called. As he still remained unconscious laying on the hospital bed, the doctor had called upon you. “Ms. Hani, the patient have an allergic. Mr. Himchan is allergic to girls’ perfume. If you want the relationship to last longer, you should get use to boys’ perfume instead.” The cassanova you know is allergic to girls’ perfume. How shocking. “Oh, and he have to stay for a day or two before we can let him out.”

 

And that was the last time you ever sprayed girls’ perfume on yourself. “If you ing do that, I’ll be ing the death out of each and everyone of you.” You hear some chuckles from the guys before it went off. You know you have to hurry before they lay a hand on Himchan.

 

You ran through the hallway. You enter every single room you could. Exploring every angle of the mansion. But to your dismay, there were nothing. Everything was white and plain. And no sign of blood and nothing. But you know you can’t give up. Himchan is someone whom is very special in your life. He was just a mere senior at school. But then he became a great friend. And now, you two are engaged. Even after he graduates high school, nothing had ever change for the both of you. You were sure that some girl would swoon over him and flirt with him in his college but as much as you’re sure, you too believed in Himchan. Sure, you two have had some argument. But it won’t last longer than 2 hours. After yelling at each other, one of you would always try to make up. It was mostly Himchan though. That is why, you can’t afford to give up now. “I’m not gonna put the past 7 years to waste. Never.”

 

Someone interrupts your train of thoughts. “Wait, isn’t that Zelo? What is he doing here?” You questioned yourself. “Zelo-ah!” You shouted. But the kid was startled, he looks for the voice calling for his name  and then ran away. You followed him but ended up losing breath. “Man, he was fast.” You stop, catching up your breath. And then you saw a room. Voices were coming from it. The door was slightly ajar. You enter the room bravely and found some familiar faces. Yongguk. Daehyun. Youngjae. Jongup. Zelo. “What are you guys doing here? Have you seen Himchan? He’s in danger. We should save him quickly!” But they were just standing there, smiling like idiots. “Yah. Do you even hear what I said? Himchan is probaby dying – “ You were cut off by a pair of hand. It was sneaking in between your hands and hug your waist from behind. You know this scent. “Himchan?!” You turn around. “Baby! Are you okay? Where are those jerk ? Did they touch you?” You cupped Himchan’s face and turn it right and left, left and right to see if he’s okay. “Do you know how worried I am?!” You hug Himchan tight, as if you’ve been seperated for decades. You sobs in his chest, “What if I lose you? What if –” “Shh, baby. Everything is fine.” He your hair gently, trying to calm you down. He pulled away from the hug and kneel down. “Hani, for the past 8 years, no other girl had ever caught my eyes but you. No other one could complete me like you do,” Himchan takes out a ring. “So, I’m asking, can you do your magic for more years to come? Till the day one of us would die. Would you forever be mine?” You buried your face in your hand as you cry to his words. Himchan hugs you once again. After a few moments, you pulled away from the hug only to flick his forehead. “Stupid. We’ve already engaged.” “I never had a chance to properly propose to you though.” “And by making me cry, by turning me into a total mess like this, is a proper way? Thank God, you didn’t bring the whole family.” “Who said I didn’t.” He points to the crowd that had been watching you two from the above balconies surrounding the huge room. You palmed your face. “Hm, I’m still waiting for the answer.” “Yes.” You finally said while punching Himchan in the tummy. The crowd was wild, clapping and some were even crying. Himchan puts a hand around your waist, claiming you are his and no one could take you away from him. “But I thought it has only been 7 years?” You asked. “No, I’ve been watching you for over a year when you were a freshman.” “And we get together at the end of my junior year. You planned it well. Are you even sincere?” You joked around. But before Himchan could respond someone speaks out. “Would you, Kim Himchan take Park Hani as your wife?” “Yes, I do.” “Would you, Park Hani –“ “Yes.” You shouts and you run towards the owner of the voice to hug him. It was your father. “Congratulations, Hani-ah.” He said. “Dad, did you cried?” You giggled seeing how cute your father was. “I’m still your daughter.~”

 

Soon, everyone was dancing on the floor, celebrating the bride and the groom of the day. You and Himchan watch from the above balcony. “Who are the bad guys anyway?” You asked Himchan. “Noona~” Zelo suddenly come, flinging himself to you for a hug. The others are congratulating Himchan. “It’s you, isn’t it?” “No –“ “I saw cherry tomatoes though.” Zelo pouts. “Himchan hyung forced us all. He said he’s gonna buy me a new skateboard.” “He said he’s going to trade pokemon cards for me.” Jongup interrupts. “And cheesecake for me.” Daehyun speaks. “It’s my natural betrayer instinct.” Youngjae joked. “And you, Yongguk oppa?” “He volunteered.” Himchan said. Everyone laugh. “But like I was saying, I’m gonna get you guys good.” You teased them. “But –“ Everyone was trying to protest. You tap your fist on your other hand like a thug. “A lesson to never help Himchan in betraying me.” You laughed as you punch everyone of them in the tummy. But Jongup got a smack in the head because he’s the only one you can reach. You laughed to yourself. “Noona, you’re really scary.” Zelo said. “What about Himchan hyung?” All of them agreed on Jongup’s question. “Well, I’m going to torture him worst tonight.” You winked at him naughtily. They just laughed at Himchan’s red face.

 

When it was just the two of you, Himchan speak up. “You’re not serious about tonight, right?” You give him a devilish look. “I have never been any serious than that.” You laughed. “But do you have to be this dramatic?” You asked him. “Yes, it’s my natural trait. Just like you and your ridiculousness.” He kissed your nose. “Well, looks like I have to deal with boys’ perfume for the rest of my life.” “Yes, indeed.” Himchan takes you for a sweet kiss that felt like it would last for eternity.