One Morning in Autumn

One Morning in Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a rare case that Ji Hyo woke up first before the man beside her, who wrapped his strong, muscular arms around her waist. She snuggled deeper to his warm body and closed her eyes. Her husband shifted a little and tightened his embrace. She was trying to sleep again but she couldn’t. She looked at the clock and it showed that it was still 06.30 am. She sighed and decided to get up. She removed his arms from her waist carefully so she didn’t wake him up. Her husband was so busy with his new songs these past few weeks so he deserved some sleep. She smiled when she took a look at his peaceful face. He was still handsome even when he was sleeping. Ji Hyo put her hand in his slightly tousled hair and it lovingly. She got off of their bed and walked outside of their room.

Ji Hyo made her way to the kitchen and took her usual cup. Everybody knew that she really needs a cup of coffee in the morning to keep her awake and make her brain works properly until the end of the day. She poured the coffee to her cup and brought it to the balcony of their apartment.

It was a chilly autumn morning. Ji Hyo stood at the balcony with a cup of hot coffee in her hands, keeping her warm. She watched the golden, shining light rising to the sky as she was admiring the scene since she didn’t see the sunrise so often, thanks to her sleeping habit.

Song Ji Hyo loved autumn. Autumn was the most pleasant season for her. She loved the the colours of the changing foliage. All of the reds, oranges, browns and yellows of the leaves. She loved the azure blue skies. She loved the warm, sunny weather with little showers sometimes. She loved the comfortable temperature. She loved everything about autumn. She even got married in autumn five years ago.

Ji Hyo went back to their room and smiled as she saw her husband was still sleeping peacefully. She lay down beside him and took this chance to watch him closely, admiring his handsome face. Broad forehead, sharp nose, strong jaw line, defined cheekbones, prominent chin. No wonder many women fell in love with him.

Like any other women, Ji Hyo fell in love with him. To be honest, who doesn’t want him as a life partner? Not only he has a handsome face but he also has a good heart. Strong yet gentle, caring and sensitive man. He’s the definition of perfect. God must be in the good mood when He made him. He could choose any woman that he wanted but he chose her.

She was caressing his slightly tousled hair when she heard his voice.

“You look like want to eat me if you keep staring at me so intently like now.”

She looked at his face. He still closed his eyes but a little smile formed on his lips. He suddenly turned his position so Ji Hyo was under him now. He held her wrists gently and looked at her eyes.

“Good morning, sweet heart.” He kissed her lips. “Why do you wake up so early this morning?”

“Why can’t I? I’m trying to change my sleeping habit.” She tried to be serious but the look of his face made her wanted to laugh.

“Ah, is that so?” He nodded his head, acted like he believed what his wife was saying. “Well, I woke up this morning and I didn’t find my lovely wife beside me.”

“Don’t you think that she’s running away from you?” Ji Hyo husband.

“Why would she do that? Doesn’t she love me so much, Mrs. Kim?”

“Don’t be so confident, Mr. Kim.” She chuckled.

“Alright, I know your feelings now. Huh.” He let go her wrists and turned his back to Ji Hyo.

“Ah, now my big baby is pouting.” She tried to console her husband. He didn’t answer her.

“Yah! It hurts! Yah! Yah!” He yelled as she was pinching both his cheeks and pulling it back so now his head lying in her thighs.

“Ups, I’m sorry. Should I kiss you as my apology?” She gave him a quick kiss on his lips.

“Can I ask for it again?” He asked her and she gave him a quick kiss again but this time, he held her head so she couldn’t break off their kiss. Their kiss turned into a passionate one as he turned his position so Ji Hyo was under him again.

“I love you, Song Ji Hyo.” He said when they finally broke their kiss.

“I love you too, Kim Jong Kook.” She smiled and he gave her a kiss in her forehead.

He leaned back on the headboard and she leaned on his broad chest.

“What a lovely way to start a morning.” He chuckled.

“You know, it’s already autumn again.” She held his hand and caressed his fingers

“Yes, time does fly so fast.”

“You don’t really like autumn, do you?”

“Nope, I can’t wear those short pants again until summer next year.”

“Let’s welcome the sweat pants back!” She said and they laughed.

They were just lying in their bed with a comfortable silence when Ji Hyo spoke again.

“Can I ask you something?” She asked him

“Of course.” He was still playing with her hair.

“Why do you love me?”

“I already answered that question many times, didn’t I?” Jong Kook raised his eyebrows, it wasn’t his first time to hear that question from Ji Hyo.

“Yes, you did. You always answer that the reason why you love me is because there is no reason not to love me. I mean, you have a lot of reason not to love me. I’m not perfect. I’m strong headed. I’m spacing out sometimes. I’m not girly like the other girls.”

Jong Kook laughed at her statement.

“Yah! Don’t laugh! I’m serious.” She pouted.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry. Well, do you think I’m perfect? Nobody’s perfect, Ji Hyo. I know that, you know that, everybody knows that. Don’t judge yourself so low like that.” He held her hands tightly. “If I love your heart and mind but not your flaws, it means that I don’t love you at all.”

 “Yes, you are strong headed but you stand up for what you believe it’s right. Yes, you’re spacing out sometimes but it’s what makes you loveable. Yes, you’re not as girly as the other girls but if you are, maybe I didn’t fall in love with you. You showed your bare face in front of the camera. You ran with us in Running Man. There’s no other actress who willingly to sacrifice their image like you. Your wit, competitiveness, and humor make me fell in love with you.” He kissed the top of her head. “Even after all these years.”

“You’re so mushy, oppa.”

“Yah! You’re the one who asked! I’m just answering your question from the bottom of my heart.” He chuckled.

She’s turning to face him, sitting on his lap and smiled up, bringing her hand up to caress his cheeks. He put his hand on her waist. She la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter