Chapter XI

MinSul

Author's POV

-the next day (Monday morning)-

After his shedding of tears, Minho decided not to visit Sulli. He thought that he might worsen her condition so he proceeded the hospital's exit.

"Where do you think you're going?" a voice called him. He turned around to see the owner of the voice.

"Hyung, I-I was... uh..."

"Don't tell me you're going home after what happened?"

"N-No! Why would I do that?" Minho even managed to do a fake laugh.

"Don't you ever lie to me, Minho. I can tell it just by looking through your eyes."

"Why do you even care?" Minho was now getting irritated.

"Cause I'm your brother." Siwon shrugged.

"Okay, fine, you caught me. I was planning to go home and never come back again." Minho said.

"Why?" Siwon raised his eyebrow.

"Because..." Minho trailed. He didn't know what to say.

"Because?"

"Hyung, it's complicated if I try to give you a reason!" Minho threw his hands in the air.

"Visit her?"

"What? In the state she's in? I don't even know if she would acknowledge me! I don't even know if she would still feel the same way!" 

"Do you even know she's already awake?" Siwon questioned him.

"What do you even mean about that?" Minho creased his forehead.

"Here, let me show you." Siwon sighed. They made their way to the elevator. The ride to the hospital room of Sulli was awkwardly quiet.

Siwon tried to open his mouth for conversation but closed it again. At last, they arrived to her room. Minho was greeted by a group of 4 girls and 4 boys.

"What happened here?" he asked as he neared the group. No one could even answer. He saw Krystal's puffy eyes. He knew Krystal and Sulli's history. They've been friends ever since Sulli introduced her to their group, f(x), and his group, SHINee. They've been the closest friends that even people thought they were sisters.

"Guys, don't pretend that I'm not here. I even saw Luna and Jonghyun-hyung looking at me." concern was evident in his voice. They looked at each other.

"Minho-ah, please don't be shock to what your Hyung will say to you." Victoria put her hands on his shoulders. Minho could see tears threatening to spill.

"Minho, Sulli is..." Onew trailed.

"What is it?" Minho getting a bit irritated.

"Just see for yourself." Onew sighed pointing to the door that reads 'ICU'. Minho gulped. Every step he made to Sulli's room was like a trip to hell. He can't afford seeing her state.

He stopped in front of the door.

"Minho, remember, you can't change anything that's happened." Siwon told him. Minho nodded and slowly opened the doorknob with Siwon beside him.

He was greeted by a fragile looking girl, Sulli. He can't believe that the girl in front of him was the girl he confessed yesterday. Minho sat down.

"What did the doctor say?" he asked his hyung.

"He said that Sulli damaged her brain the most. That means she got an amnesia. She almost died due to the lack of oxygen during the trip to the hospital but they were able to prevent it. And yet, from time to time, her heart beats in a normal pace but there are cases her heart rate is lower than the normal one. That is why she's in the ICU to monitor her heart. She also obtained broken and dislocated bones but the doctors were able to fix it. But most of all...."

"What hyung? Tell me." Minho slightly raised his voice.

"...she's currently in a comatose state." Siwon ended the statement. Minho thought his world would crumble. He thought it would his end but he chose to shake it off and asked a question.

"H-How's n-noona?" he quivered. Siwon knew it was Sooyoung Minho was talking about.

"After hearing that dreadful news, she collapsed and had to be placed in a room to rest. Until now, she's still there." Siwon sorrowfully sighed.

"Hyung, just go check up on her. She needs you more than I do." Minho managed to smile weakly. Siwon nodded his head and went out.

When Siwon went out, it was a signal that SHINee can enter.

"Minho-hyung..." Taemin sat down beside him on his left and Jonghyun on his right.

"You still there?" Key asked. Key knows that if he asked him if he's okay, Minho would probably thought of throwing him a sarcastic answer.

"I guess so.." Minho shrugged.

"Dude, it's almost time for school. The girls contacted their parents and the school about Sulli. The school permitted them to be absent and their parents seem to agree with that decision but in our case, we have to attend classes." Onew informed them.

"You guys go. I'll just stay here." Minho lifelessly said. The other boys looked at each other and solemnly looked at Minho. He can't go to school in that dreadful state.

"Okay, we'll be going then. We'll just call you from time to time and visit her after school." Jonghyun said as he stood up and went to the door. As an answer, Minho nodded without looking up to them.

They already left and soon, the room was already crowded with the rest of f(x).

"Minho, go home and rest." Victoria said.

"No, I can't go noona. Not when Sulli needs me." Minho strongly shook his head. They only sighed. They knew, ever since childhood, that Minho was not the type to be dictated on what he should or should not do. As his friends, both groups gave him advices on a certain situation and it's up to him if he wanted to follow that advice or not.

"Okay, we get it." Luna surrendered.

"But please, would you go down with us to have breakfast?" Amber asked.

"If you say so, but I can't leave her here." Minho said as he looked at Sulli. "Her sister's in another room so that's why no one can-"

"No, I'll stay." Krystal offered.

"What? You can't stay." Victoria opposed.

"Why can't I?"

"You've shed enough tears..." Luna said.

"We can't afford you being in a hospital room. Who knows you might collapse while crying?" Amber reasoned out.

Krystal let out a sigh and gave them a weak smile.

"Hey, I can take care of my self." Krystal said. "And besides, I wanna talk to unnie." pain was evident as she watch Sulli with those machines helping her breathe.

"Fine, call us if anything happens. Okay?"

"Yes, Vic-eomma."

"Take care." Minho patted her crown.