A Night In Dreamland

[EXO SERIES] : A Night In Dreamland

A  Night in Dreamland

 

                You glanced outside your window and sighed. You lived near a park where most couples spend their night together and seeing happy couples together just makes you feel…lonely.  You’ve never been in a relationship before. Well, nothing’s wrong with you. You looked simple but you were beautiful, both inside and out. You were pretty fun-to-be-with, too. It’s just that you always seemed so close about love and somehow, unconsciously pushed people away. All your life, you had been afraid of falling in love. No, scratch that. You’ve always been afraid of getting hurt because of falling in love. But even if you had that great fear, you still want to experience how it is to fall in love. Complicated, right?

 

                ‘Will I still have a happy ending?’, you sighed once more.

 

                Your phone vibrated on top of your desk. You reached out to get it and saw the message your best friend has sent you.

 

                Don’t forget tomorrow! 10AM, same place. You MUST come and don’t you dare make excuses. Xx

 

                You sighed. You just remembered about the conversation you had with your best friend. Without your consent, she had set you up on a blind date with someone you barely knew. Of course, you rejected at first, saying it was completely foolish for you to be on a date with someone you don’t even know the name but your best friend had better reasons and had defended her stand much better.

 

                “Seriously, ___________. You need to lighten up a bit. You’ve been pushing guys away and yet, you complain of feeling lonely. Why don’t you just try to be more open?”, your best friend uttered, sipping on her cup of chocolate bubble tea.

 

                You sighed, “You know me more than anybody else in the world, Chloe. You know my fears.”

 

                “The only way you could overcome your fears is to face them.”

 

                You did not reply which made your best friend sigh and held your hand.

 

                “Look, _______. In love, nothing’s for sure. Pain is unavoidable. It will always be part of loving and that’s normal. You get hurt because you love. If you hadn’t experienced pain, then you certainly had not experienced love.”

 

                You bit your lip, “That’s why I avoided falling in love. Love equals pain.”

 

                “Aish!”, your best friend ruffled her hair in frustration. “Just give this a try, ______. Please! For once in your life, try to let go of your fear and don’t stop yourself from loving and be loved in return.”

 

                “Please.”, your best friend pleaded after hearing no response from you.

 

                You sighed once again and, not knowing what had crossed your mind, you nodded.

 

                “Okay.”

 

                You stood up and closed your curtain. You decided to push away your thoughts and just go to sleep. You were physically and mentally tired, anyway, after a long day of hard work so you might as well get some rest. As you lied down on your bed, you remembered once again the moment you nodded your head at your best friend.

 

                ‘Did I make the right decision?’

 

                Feeling your eyes drooping and getting heavy, you yawned and finally drifted off to dreamland.

 

 

-

 

 

                You found yourself walking on a long tunnel and finding a very bright light at the end. Later, you reached the end and you were welcomed by probably the most colorful and magical place you’ve ever been to. You gasped both in amazement and surprise as you laid your eyes on the place. It was totally wonderful – maybe even more wonderful than Wonderland.

 

                There were several mythical creatures around; from fairies to unicorns like those in Barbie films to giant living flowers like those in Alice in Wonderland. But one caught your eye the most. It was a dragon. You were surprised that instead of running away from something dangerously large and scary, you stayed and stared at it in awe as it flew in circles around you. After a few turns, it landed down and you were even more surprised when it suddenly turned to a man. He marched towards you, every step he takes turns fiery but burned out after he left the spot. You stared at his face and realized how gorgeous he looked. His hair was shiny black styled up in a manly, cool way. His serious expression made him look not scary but instead, it made him look cool and hot at the same time. His eyes show warmth, as warm as the fire he makes. He was absolutely stunning—a total package.

 

                “Weren’t you taught by your parents that staring is rude?”, the gorgeous man – or dragon­ – smirked at you.

 

                You were dragged out of your trance by his deep, y voice. “I, uh…”, you stuttered, not knowing what to say.

 

                He smiled and reached out his hand, “I’m Kris, the dragon guardian of Dreamland.”

 

                “Dre-Dreamland?”, you stuttered once more.

 

                “Yes. Welcome to Dreamland, ___________.”

 

                “Dreamland…”, you mumbled to yourself as you looked around. You stopped when you realized something. “Wait, how do you know my name?”

 

                Kris chuckled. “The question is, what do I not know?”

 

                “Huh?”

 

                Kris just shook his head and ignored what you said. He started walking and you tailed behind him.

 

                “Since you’re here, I need to tell you how things run here.”, he paused for a while. “As I’ve said, this is Dreamland and by the name itself, I know you know that everything you see in here is just a part of your dream. So in order for you to wake up, you need to wake up from your dream; that is, to get out of Dreamland.”

 

                “Wait, so you’re saying I won’t be able to wake up if I can’t get out of here?”, you panicked.

 

                “Do I have to repeat what I just said?”

 

                “Bu-but, but, how am I gonna do that?!”

 

                He stopped in his tracks and turned to you, smiling. “And that’s where I appear, __________.”

 

              You looked at him, confused. As if he has heard your unspoken question, he said, “I will guide you towards the exit.”

 

                Before you can even speak, a big gush of wind, almost like a tornado, suddenly appeared and was coming towards you--fast. Like adrenaline rush, Kris’ large dragon wings enveloped you, protecting you. You were too scared from the wind that you hugged his waist real tight. Soon, the wind was no longer felt.  Kris slowly released his hold on you and kept his wings back. Then, you heard someone clapping. You both turned and saw a tall guy with brown hair, clapping his hands. He was smirking at you and Kris.

 

                “Wow. Hyung, fast move.”, he winked.

 

                “Sehun, how many times do I have to tell you to quit messing around.”, Kris uttered with an authoritative tone.

 

                Sehun brought his hands up, surrendering, “Okay, okay.” He walked towards you and Kris. “So you have a visitor.”

 

                “This is ______.”, he gestured to you. “_____, this is Sehun. He is—“

 

                “Hi! I’m Sehun. I’m the Wind Guardian.”, he interrupted Kris and took your hand and kissed it. “Nice to meet you, my lady.”

 

                Kris hit him lightly on his shoulder. Sehun just shrugged it off and smirked at him.

 

                “So, you’re ready for the big adventure ahead of you?”, he asked you as the three of you started heading on to only-Kris-and-Sehun-knows-where.

 

                “I-I don’t know. I-I mean, I don’t have any idea about it.”, you stuttered, nervous.

 

                “Well, I’m pretty sure Kris hyung will take you there safely.”, he kissed your cheek before walking – or should I say, spinning away since he’s creating that big tornado again—away.

 

                “Good luck, Kris hyung. Good luck, _________.”, you heard Sehun say before Kris enveloped his arms and wings around you protectively.

 

                After releasing you, you looked up to Kris with such confusion.

 

                “Sehun’s not going with us?”

 

                Kris shook his head, “Only one guardian can take one human to the exit. They could give us some piece of advice or something that could help us but that’s just it.”

 

                You heart thumped, “So it’s just you and me in this journey?”

 

                Kris hummed as a response.  You were getting worried. It’s not like you didn’t trust Kris. You do, a lot. Who wouldn’t trust a protective dragon who’s surprisingly gorgeous, too? Well, it’s just that, you were still oblivious of what was ahead of you. You were thinking, what if Kris got hurt? Who would be there now to help you get out of this place? You got even more worried.

 

                Your chain of thoughts and questions were stopped when Kris stopped you from going any further. That was when you realized, you’ve reached a dead-end! You looked down and saw that you’ve got a very, very, very long way to go before you reach the ground. You gulped. What a painful way to die, you thought. Looking up, you saw a path which seems to be a part of the path you’ve taken. It must be the continuation of this path.

 

                You felt a gush of wind beside you, making you turn your head. You just realized Kris had transformed into a dragon again—the gorgeous dragon. You stared at him, waiting for him to say something. Instead, he just moved his head, seemed like telling you to hop on his back. You were hesitant and scared but you still hopped on his back. You held tightly on his neck as he spread his enormous wings and took off.

 

                “Ahhhh!”, you screamed at the top of your lungs the moment Kris started flying.

 

                “Ahhhhh! This is so scary!!”

 

                “Ahhhh! I’m gonna fall!”

 

                “Ahhhhh! I’m gonna die!”

 

                Kris was getting tired of your screams so he growled lowly, which was really effective because it, indeed, made you shut your mouth. It didn’t take long till you felt the soft ground again. Kris transformed back to being human and walked towards you.

 

                “Are you okay?”

 

                You looked at him with an indescribable look in your face.

 

                “Hey!”, he poked your cheeks.

 

                “That was amazing! Can we do it again?”, you answered him excitedly, your eyes were sparkling in delight.

 

                Kris looked at you in disbelief. First, you were screaming that you were gonna fall and die then now, you asked him if you were going to do it again. Some crazy human. Kris just rubbed his temple and shook his head.

 

                “Crazy human girl.”, he muttered, walking away.

 

                “Hey! I heard that!”, you followed him.

 

                Kris just shrugged his shoulders off as you both walked down towards the path.

 

“Kris”, you called out again.

 

He only hummed in response.

 

“Why are we walking? We can just fly, right?”

 

“We can’t cheat.”

 

You raised your eyebrow, “How is that considered cheating?”

 

“We’re taking advantage of my power.”

 

“But isn’t it the reason why you have it? To help me with the journey?”

 

“We can only use it when trouble comes or when there’s no other choice.”

 

You pouted and crossed your arms, “That’s so unfair.”

 

Kris said no more and you both continued walking. You looked around and admired the tall, green trees. Not so far away, you saw a monkey but not just an ordinary monkey. It was a monkey with wings! Just like what you saw from Oz the Great and Powerful.

 

                “Hey Kris!”, you tugged on his sleeves, stopping him. “Can that monkey fly?”

 

                Kris turned his head to where you were pointing. “No, the monkey can’t fly. Its wings are just accessories.”, he said sarcastically.

 

                You pouted at him and stomped towards the monkey.  You were about to pick it up but its large wings opened and flew away, surprising you in return. You shrieked and ran away – or ran into Kris.

 

                “Yah! The monkey flew!”, you shouted at him.

 

                “Of course! It has wings!”

 

                “But you said they were just accessories.”

 

                Kris looked at you in disbelief, “What in the world—I was being sarcastic!”

 

                You paused. “Ohhh. Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

                Kris could only facepalm and shook his head repeatedly.

 

                Humans are indeed cute—but pretty stupid.

 

                “Hey!”, you called when you saw Kris walking away.

 

               “Is this the reason why some people die in their sleep, Kris? Were they not able to survive Dreamland?”, you asked.

 

                He hummed in response, “Well, some preferred to stay here, too.”

 

                “Really?”

 

                “People who chose Dreamland over the real world thought Dreamland is nothing but a good and happy place to live in.”

 

                “Why, of course it is! I can see why they would choose this place instead.”

 

                Kris stopped in his tracks, “It isn’t always like that.”

 

                You looked up to him in confusion, “What do you mean?”

 

                “Dreamland becomes horrible and terrible at times. That’s what you call nightmares.”

 

                “Nightmares…”, you mumbled.

 

                Suddenly, the ground below you started shaking. It went 2-3 magnitudes higher as each minute passed by.

 

                “Kris!”, you called out to him when the ground suddenly cracked and separated.

 

                “__________! Stay where you are! Don’t move!”, you heard Kris yelled.

 

                Soon, the clouds started going dark and the once colorful and magical place turned to the complete opposite. Everything around you turned dark, in different shades of gray and black. Smoke filled up the area, hindering you from seeing Kris.

 

                “Kris! Kris!”, you called out, coughing once in a while.

 

                “_______!”, you heard him cough. “Where are you?”

 

                “I-I don’t know. I can’t see anything.”

 

                You tried ‘getting rid’ of the smoke even though you knew it was impossible. It was really thick that the only thing you could see was black. You didn’t dare take a step because you were afraid you might step into nothing and fall to who-knows-where.

 

                While you were busy trying to see through the smoke, you heard a low growl behind you. You froze. You were too afraid to turn around and see what might be growling. It growled once again and you were silently praying Kris would come and save you to whatever this creature is. Suddenly, the creature behind you grabbed you forcefully.

 

                “Ahhh! Kris! Help me!”

 

                You turned your head and saw it was a dragon but it definitely wasn’t Kris. It looked horrible – way far from Kris’ gorgeous features. Its large wings had sharp spikes on its edges. The dragon had bloody red eyes and its sharp teeth were scaring the hell out of you. Its hands were wrapped tightly around you; its claws dug deep in your arms, causing you to bleed. It was really painful and it stung a lot.

 

                “Kris! Help me, please!”, you cried real loud.

 

                Just then, another dragon appeared. This time, it was the dragon you wanted to see. You noticed someone was riding on his back—someone who was glowing. Kris growled at the dragon holding you and flew towards you. He scratched the hand of the dragon holding you, making it snarl in pain.  Its wings hit Kris and its large sharp spikes pierced through Kris’ own wings. Kris cried in pain and buried his claws deeper into the hands of the other dragon. It cried louder and was no longer able to tolerate the pain and let go of you.

 

                “Ahhhhh!”, you screamed and closed your eyes. You were falling!

 

                “Kyungsoo! Now!”, you heard an unfamiliar voice called out and instantly, you heard a loud thump.

 

                You opened your eyes and saw a pair of round, dark eyes staring at you. He was holding you in his arms.

 

                “You got her?”, there goes that voice again.

 

                “Yes. I got her.”, Kyungsoo said as he placed you down carefully. That was when you realized that land you were in was way higher than the rest.

 

                You looked up and saw Kris and that dragon still battling, thanks to that glowing person. Later, the light from the man on Kris’ back grew even brighter and brighter that you had to squint your eyes to adjust. Along with that, you heard a very loud growl followed by another loud thump.

 

                “Ahhhh! We’re falling!”, you heard the same unfamiliar voice screamed.

 

                “Hang on, Baekhyun hyung!”, the guy beside you stomped his foot very strong; the land you were standing on went even higher than it was before.

 

                As Kris and Baekhyun landed on that piece of land, Kyungsoo brought the land down slowly and put all the land back together, closing the gaps and cracks. Baekhyun brought back the light in the place and as soon as he did so, the colors and wonders of the place started to resurrect slowly. But it wasn’t your priority at the moment. For now, all you care about was Kris.

 

                “Kris! Kris ah! Wake up!”, you shook him.

 

                Baekhyun grabbed a hold of you. “_______-ah! ________-ah! It’s okay. Just relax. He’ll be alright.  You need to be careful. You, too, are wounded.”

 

                You continued to shake Kris, tears were already falling down from your eyes. “No! No! How can he be alright when he’s unconscious? And he’s not even responding!”

 

                Kyungsoo touched Kris’ wings, causing the latter to groan in pain.

 

                “He’s badly wounded. He couldn’t fly with his wings torn apart. We need Lay.”, Kyungsoo uttered.

 

                Kyungsoo whistled and instantly, you saw a large, white unicorn flying towards where you were. Someone was riding on it. As the unicorn set foot on the ground, the rider went down and walked towards you.

 

                “What happened here?”, he asked with such gentle voice.

 

                Baekhyun answered, “Nightmare.”

 

                Lay walked towards you when his eyes landed on your bleeding arms.

 

                “Hello, _________. I’ll hold your arms. Would that be okay?”, he showed his dimple smile.

 

                You couldn’t help but nod. He placed his hands lightly on your arms. You felt a burning sensation on your arms but it didn’t last long. Lay slowly lifted his hands away from your arms. You looked at your wounds and gasped in awe. It was completely healed! Not even a scar was seen.

 

                “How…”, you were speechless. Lay just chuckled.

 

                He walked towards Kris and checked his large wings. Just like what he did to you, he placed his hands on Kris’ large wings. Kris groaned every now and then but it later subsided. Lay then tended Kris’ other wounded parts and healed those, too.

 

                “He’s healed. A few seconds later, he’ll gain consciousness.”, Lay informed them with his dimple smile again.

 

                “Thank you.”, you bowed down at him.

 

                “You’re welcome, _______-ah. I’m Lay, by the way, I’m the Healing Guardian of Dreamland.”, he introduced his self.

 

                “I’m Baekhyun, the Light Guardian.”

 

                “I’m Kyungsoo. I’m the Earth Guardian.”

 

                You bowed down at each of them and uttered a ‘Thank you’ and ‘Nice to meet you’. Not long after, you heard Kris groaned and slowly gained consciousness. By now, he had returned to his human form.

 

                “What happened?”, he asked in a weak voice as he tried to stand up.

 

                “Slowly!”, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo immediately rushed to his side to help him up.

 

                “Nightmares.”, was Kyungsoo’s one word answer.

 

                Kris freed himself from Kyungsoo and Baekhyun’s hold and ran towards you; concern was written all over his face.

 

                “________-ah! Are you okay? Were you hurt?”, he inspected every limb of your body.

 

                Lay, Kyungsoo, and Baekhyun chuckled.

 

                “She’s okay, Kris hyung.”, Baekhyun said. “Lay hyung healed her as well.”

 

                “Oh,” he let go of you. “Thank you, guys.”

 

                “Anything for you, hyung.”, Kyungsoo flashed his heart-shaped smile.

 

                A loud sound, which seemed to come from a very large clock, interrupted. Kris gasped.

 

                “Kris hyung, you need to go now. You’re running out of time. The door’s closing.”, Lay suggested.

 

                Kris nodded and grabbed your hand, taking you completely by surprise. “Thanks for your help. We gotta go.”

 

                “Good luck, hyung, ________!”, they all shouted as you ran away, still your hands were tightly clasped.

 

                You stared at your intertwined hands and you can’t help but blush. Blood rushed to your face, making it warm. You didn’t know why. Probably because you never held a guy’s hand before, but it could be something more.

 

                The sound of the clock was getting louder and quicker and this only made your heart beat twice, thrice the normal speed.  It was so fast you could feel it in your chest. Sweat starts to form in your forehead. Your hand was getting cold and shaky. You were getting nervous.

 

                You felt Kris tightening the hold in your hand. You blushed even harder. Somehow, with Kris around, you felt protected. You felt safe. And with that thought, your heartbeat slowly normalized. You slowly felt calm.

 

                “We still have two more obstacles to surpass.”

                                                                                                                                                                 

                “What?”

 

                Then you both suddenly stopped. You looked forward and saw a very huge wave. You were shock and confused at the same time. Where the hell did this huge wave come from?

 

                Kris instantly transformed to a dragon once more and held you safely in his arms as he flew way up in the sky. He flew so high that you thought the wave won’t be able to reach you. But you were wrong.

 

                “Kris, watch out!”, but it was too late.

 

                The waves took you down and separated you from Kris. You heard him scream your name before everything turned to black.

 

-

 

                You slowly opened your eyes and coughed out some water. You held your hand up to shield your eyes from the very bright light and let your eyes adjust. Slowly, you stood up.

 

                “Kris!”, you called out. Your head was turning from left to right.

 

                “Kris!”

 

                You frantically searched for him. Your mind was flooded with negative thoughts.

 

                What if he was taken very far away from you?

 

                What if…he’s gone?

 

                What if you will never see him again?

 

                Your heart twitched in pain. No, it can’t be, you thought. I can’t lose him. You never knew why but you felt so much pain in your chest when you think of losing Kris. It’s not just because you can’t leave Dreamland without his help. No. You knew it was more than that. Why? Because you started to feel okay with the idea of staying in Dreamland. You started to want to stay in Dreamland—as long as he is with you. As long as Kris is with you. Deep inside you, you knew you need him. You need him—so much. But you were feeling afraid to find out why. Well, practically, you knew why. You were just afraid to admit it.

 

                “Kris-ah!”, you shouted again, voice cracking.

 

                You didn’t realize tears were already flowing from your eyes. You were too worried about him and the fact that you don’t see anything, not even his shadow, worries you even more.

 

                A few steps away, you saw a figure of a man lying down. Your heart leaped in joy. You knew it was him. It was Kris.

 

                “Kris!”, you ran towards him.

 

                He was unconscious. You shook him off rather strongly. You wanted him to wake up. He has to.

 

                And indeed, Kris later woke up and coughed out some water. You helped him sat up and tapped his back lightly.

 

                “Oh my God, Kris!”, you hugged him tight.

 

“I’m so glad you’re okay.”, you sobbed. “I was so afraid I was gonna lose you.”

 

Kris was taken by surprise because obviously, he just got recovered and he was still processing what was going on. But realizing it was you and you were okay, he immediately wrapped his arms around you tight.

 

“Oh, thank God you’re okay, _______.”, he kissed your head.

 

You cried in his chest and hugged him even tighter.  Just then, the sound of the clock was heard again. Kris pulled away from the hug and stood up, pulling you with him.

 

“The door is closing, _______. I need to get you out.”, he pulled you, only to be pulled back by you.

 

Kris looked at you, confused. “What are you doing, _________? Time is running!”

 

“I-I don’t want to go, Kris.”, you bit your lips.

 

His eyes went wide. “What? What are you talking about, _______?”

 

“I…I want to stay here. I want to stay here with you.”

 

Kris’ heart thumped in delight. He was so happy. Oh how much he wanted to tell you ‘don’t go’ but the other part of him said otherwise. He wanted you to stay. No, he needed you to stay—with him – but he knew it wasn’t the place for you.

 

“You can’t. You have to leave.”, Kris uttered.

 

“Why? I want to stay here with you. I choose to stay with you.”

 

“But you can’t, it’s too dangerous.”

 

“I have you. And…”, you bit your lips once more. “I…I love you, Kris.”

 

Kris felt like he was flying through rainbows. He was so happy to hear those three little – yet extremely meaningful – words coming from you. In that short span of time, he had developed feelings for you. He didn’t know how it happened or what made it happen but one thing he knew was that, it happened. He fell in love with you.

 

Kris pulled you in a tight hug. “I love you, too, ________.”

 

You tightened the hug and sobbed in his chest.

 

He pulled away and tucked your hair behind your ear, “But this isn’t the place for you.”

 

“Why not? Why can’t this be the place for me? I’m okay anywhere as long as I’m with you.”

 

“This place isn’t safe for you!”

 

“The real world isn’t either! And it’s even more unsafe because you’re not in it with me!”

 

“But—“

 

A loud growl interrupted Kris. You both turned around and saw the dragon that Kris had fought with a while ago. Kris immediately transformed into a dragon and grabbed you, flying away with you. The other dragon was right just behind you. Ahead, you were starting to see a very large door and it was almost closed. Kris flew as fast as he could. He placed you down carefully near the door, urging you to go.

 

“No, Kris! I’m not leaving you.”, you  told him.

 

He only growled, which sounds like he was begging you.

 

“No, Kris! No!”

 

He growled once more but he was grabbed by the other dragon. Kris dug his claws on the arms of the dragon and threw him away. He flew back towards you and growled again, as if he was saying, Please, ___________. Save yourself. You need to go.

 

“Kris…” you weeped.

 

You just don’t know whether you should listen to him or ignore him and stay with him. You were completely confused.

 

Kris growled loudly this time and suddenly, pushed you towards the door before it completely closed. And blackness started to surround you again.

 

“Noooooooo!”, you screamed and jolted up.

 

Your face was all covered with sweat as you tried to catch up with your breath. You clutched your chest with your right hand and inhaled and exhaled deeply.

 

“Was it all just a dream or it was all real?”, you mumbled to yourself.

 

Your phone ringing dragged you out of your trance. You saw your friend’s name on your screen. Oh yeah, the date!

 

“Hello?”

 

“Yah! _______! Are you on your way? Why aren’t you answering my calls?”, she bombarded with questions.

 

You stood up and ran to grab your clothes and all the stuffs you needed. “I’m so sorry, Chloe. I just woke up.”

 

“You just what?!”

 

“Look, I’m sorry, okay? And let’s just talk about it later. I need to prepare. Bye.”

 

“__________ wait—“

 

It was too late. You already ended the call. You did everything faster—bath, clothes, make-up. Locking your door, you hailed a cab and gave the driver the address of the place where your friend had set. On your way to the rendezvous, you can’t help but reminisce the dream you had. You were battling with yourself whether it was real or it wasn’t but somehow, deep inside you, you felt it wasn’t just an ordinary dream. Somehow, you felt it was for real, that you had learned to love someone and that someone was Kris.

 

“We have arrived, Miss.”, the cab driver’s voice brought you back.

 

“Oh,” you looked outside the window and saw the said café. You handed the cab driver the fare and uttered, “Thank you” as you stepped out of his cab.

 

Shaking your thoughts off about your dream, you inhaled and went inside the café. You looked around, looking for your best friend. At the backmost part of the café, you saw her waving her right hand at you. Your brows met in confusion as you waved back at her. She was alone.

 

“He’s not yet here?”, you asked as you took a seat in front of her.

 

“Sorry, _________. He’s coming but he’ll be a little late.”, she explained, biting her lips lightly.

 

“It’s okay.”, you assured her.

 

“Oh,” you saw her eyes sparkled in delight. “He’s here!”, she waved back her hand again.

 

You turned around to see who the guy was but someone was blocking the sight so you just turned back around. It’s not like I’m not going to see his face.

 

“Hey, Chloe. I’m so sorry I was late.”, your eyes went wide.

 

I know that voice.

 

Chloe stood up. “Aigoo, it’s okay. This is ________, by the way. She’s the girl I’m telling you about.”

 

You slowly stood up and like those in movies, you turned around in slow motion and your eyes went wide even more.

 

“Hi _________.”, he greeted you and you swore to yourself you saw those beautiful dark orbs of his flashed fires.

 

Tears started to well up in your eyes when you heard him introduced his self.

 

 

 

 

 

I’m Kris.