Chapter Three: Touchdown in Sydney

Girl's Generation on Vacation

In tiffany’s opinion, there was a no more obvious way to tell that they had landed in Australia than by seeing a massive green and gold sign say “G’day, Welcome to Straya” when they went through customs. As they went through customs Tiffany and Jessica had to stay with the other members when they talked to officials. One official was unsure why Taeyeon help a massive toy pea pod but after Jessica explained that it was just a pillow, everything was ok.

As they started to exit the airport they were hit with an unexpected blast of hot air. Tiffany could not help but agree with the Canadian couple nearby when they said…

“It’s bloody hot Simon, glad our instincts were right about packing for summer.”

The girls carried their luggage on trolleys as they waited at the doors for a taxi. Normally, the girls would have dressed up for leaving the airport. Airport fashion was something closely analysed in Korean culture and idols usually tried to keep up appearances when entering and leaving the airport and meeting reporters and fans outside. However, since the girls had gone to extreme lengths to make sure that only a small amount of people where they were going and when, they kept the fashion and glam to a minimum. Most of them just wore summer jeans or skirts with loose tops. The flight from Seoul to Sydney took roughly ten hours, meaning that combined with the fact that Sydney was only two hours ahead the girls were not severely jetlagged as usual. After about ten minutes a van finally arrived to pick them up. They only loaded the essential luggage into the van and had arranged to have the majority of it brought later in another van, simply due to the sheer amount not being able to fit in one van.

The driver of the van turned around in his seat, “So ladies, where to?

“Oh, just a second I’ve got the address somewhere here.” said Tiffany as she fumbled around in her handbag for the necessary piece of paper. “Here it is….umm….it’s number 9 Harbour Drive, Phillip Street.”

When they arrived at the house, the majority of the girls could not believe what they were looking at. It was a modern style two story pine house with high walls and an exorbitant garden at the front. It came with a 180 degree view of the harbour, with city in distance and cool sea air whipping across their faces. The girls walked up to the heavy white door and rang the doorbell; Tiffany stood at the front while the others stood behind her and waited for their host to answer. Suddenly the door swung open and a tall and broad shouldered man stood before them with a smile on his face.

“Hi James” said Tiffany as she moved forward and gave him a tight hug.

He led the girls into through a small corridor and into the living room. It was a pure white walled room with shiny tiles and leather couches surrounding a massive plasma TV. To the left of the couches was a wall of glass windows showing deck with a 15X5 infinity pool with a perfect view of the harbour with the bridge taking up the majority of the horizon. The girls put their luggage down on the tiles and looked out at the view presented to them with a look of awe on their faces.as this was happening, the other van arrived and started unloading the rest  of the luggage in the house.

“Hello everyone, my name is James and I would just like to say that it’s an honour meeting all of you. I’m a massive fan, it’s almost as if I’m in some kind of a dream seeing you all here, and I am so happy that you accepted my offer. I promise that you’re all in for a wonderful and relaxing vacation.”

He spoke with a smooth and charming tone and in perfect Korean, which gave the girls a sense of relief and removed the fear of a language barrier for the duration of their stay.

“I can promise that you girls will enjoy a complete sense of privacy during your stay, this is a gated community and home to many people trying to stay away from the tabloids. For those of you who are younger than me, I insist that there is no need for honorifics so please feel free to speak informally.”

The girls all turned to him and formed a traditional bow of thanks, causing James to blush slightly.

“Thank you for your generous offer James, it’ll be nice to enjoy some time away from the press. It’s so beautiful here, I can’t wait to see everything.” said Sunny while others nodded and agreed

“It’s really no trouble at all; I had time off and why have such a large house if there isn’t anyone to fill it.”

The girls moved about the room and noticed something at the back of the room and started to crowd around in amazement. On the back wall of the living room hung several K-pop posters, all in frames. There was some of Big Bang, Super Junior, TVXQ, and even Seo Taji. However what they were all looking was a poster of them in the centre. On the left of the wall was a shelf filled with CDs and DVDs. James walked over with a small look of embarrassment on his face.

“Oh those…let’s just say that I’m a bit of a collector. It took me a while to find all those posters signed by each member and even though they weren’t cheap, I think it was worth it. Anyway, the next order of business is sleeping arrangements, so if you could all please follow me?” said James

He turned around and led them upstairs.  What was presented to the girls was a wide open space, like a second living room, with couches and a dartboard and arcade machine in the corner. He worked down a corridor that was lined with doors and at the end of it he turned around to face them.

“Now, this is where it a bit tricky. There are four bedrooms available; they each have room for two and their own bathroom attached. Now I sure you have realised that means there is only room for eight people. This unfortunately means that someone will need to sleep in the extra bed in my room. I know it’s a bit awkward but I sort of didn’t realise it until after I had given you my offer, and I didn’t think any of you would have wanted to sleep on a couch while you stayed here.”

The girls all looked at each other for a moment, clearly not wanting to step forward and volunteer. James knew it wasn’t out of rudeness, he would probably feel uncomfortable as well if he was in their positions.

“I sleep in your room. I’ve known you the longest so it will probably be a little less awkward.” said Tiffany

The other members looked at her with surprise on their face. James looked relieved as he thought it was probably the lesser of two evils. The girls then went about choosing their rooms and moving their luggage in. Taeyeon and Seohyun were together, Yuri and Yoona were together, Jessica and Sunny were together, and Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were together. James left them to get settled and showed Tiffany to his room. It was larger than the others and had a king sized bed in the centre. On one side there was deck with a set of table set and on the other side was a high single bed. There were several chests of drawers, and an inbuilt closet next to the entrance to the bathroom. As James helped Tiffany unpack her things she noticed something on one of the desks. She brushed away a bit of paper and found a pink light stick with a concert pamphlet.

“You were at our concert at Saitama?”

James turned to her after hanging several items of clothing in the closet. “Pardon, oh that. Yeah I was in Japan for a few weeks doing some work for Avex and I saw the posters. You girls were great, by the way. It was so awesome seeing you perform and I especially liked the way you rose up from beneath the stage to perform Flower Power. I’ve even bought premium tickets to your show at the Tokyo Dome.”

“How,” said Tiffany curiously, “those tickets haven’t even gone on sale yet. How did you manage that?”

“Psh please…I know a guy. Besides, you’d be surprise what you can get when you play golf with the CEO of Avex.”

Tiffany just rolled her eyes and went back to unpacking.

 

Feel free to comment, feedback is appreciated , thanks.