Chapter Two: Consideration and Precaution

Girl's Generation on Vacation

It was two days later and the members were on full relaxation mode. Sleeping in and late nights was beginning to become the norm while preparing for a full vacation. While some members were still reluctant to accept James’s offer, the majority were starting to find the idea attractive. Taeyeon and Tiffany were sitting in a coffee shop after spending the day shopping in Gangnam. It was a cold evening; they were both rugged up in wool jackets and gloves with each breath emitting a faint mist.

“So how do we know we can trust this guy?”, said Taeyeon, “I mean, I know he’s your friend and all but he can always sell us out to the papers, or just be a……what do westerners say……a jerk”

“He would never do that, Tae. I’ve known him for years and god knows how many opportunities he’s had to expose some kind of secret about me or the team. It’s not like he needs the money. Just trust me on this one, I’m sure you will all get along nicely.” Said Tiffany followed by a signature eye smile.

“But what if we don’t get along?” said Taeyeon while leaning forward across the table. “I can tolerate meeting people and getting along with them on a professional basis, or even just to be polite, but we’re talking about spending over a month with him at his house. It’s my job as leader to take care of everyone, how can I be sure they will be alright if I’ve never met the guy? Speaking of which….why haven’t you ever mentioned him before? In the fifteen years I’ve known you, you’ve never mentioned his name.”

“It never came up. I don’t get to see him that much and I guess I wanted one friend to myself. But I promise that that you will like him, He’s charming, sweet, a great cook, and a really big fan. He’d by heartbroken if he found out that the only reason why we wouldn’t accept his offer is because you didn’t trust him. And anyway, he is taking the same risk as you. What if he doesn’t like any of the members, he’ll be stuck with us in his house for over a month. If he is willing to take the risk, why can’t you?

Taeyeon looked down at her cappuccino as it steamed in her hands while emitting a sweet aroma that filled her nostrils, contemplating the words just spoken to her. The waitress polity came over to the table and asked if the wanted anything else to eat. Once she had left the two breathed a sigh of relief. While it was nice to meet a fan in public, there times when they preferred to sit in public and not be treated like a celebrity.

“Fine Tiff, if you can promise me that it will be a success then I’ll help you convince the others. But you owe me now, and when I want something from you, I expect you to do it.”

“Thanks Tae, it means a lot to me”

***

It was 7:30pm and everyone was back at the dorm doing sitting in the lounge room. They were all dressed in their pajamas watching M Countdown.

“So now that we are all here, I’d like to know if we have all agreed on staying at James’s house for our vacation.” said Tiffany during one of the ad breaks

“I don’t see a problem in it, if Tiffany vouches for him then I think it will be a good idea.” said Jessica.

“Well then can we all vote on it, just so we are all on the same page? All those in favour in accepting his offer and going to Sydney raise your hands.”

There was a slight hesitation, but seven of the members put their hands up. Yuri and Yoona were the only ones who didn’t.

“Yuri and I still aren’t sure about this. I know the destination fits all the requirements but isn’t it a bit awkward staying in someone else’s house for that long? We’d be much more comfortable staying in a hotel if anything.” said Yoona.

“Tiffany has assured us that it will be fine and I think we should listen to her. She claims to know this guy and if she says that it will turn out ok then I trust her.” said Taeyeon.

Yuri and Yoona looked at each other for a moment but didn’t say anymore.

“Good, I will message James tonight and let him know that we will be taking him up on his offer. We leave in three days” said Tiffany.

Feel free to comment. Feedback is appreciated.