I Think I

Playlist

I Think I - by Byul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFA_P783RjQ

of course there is a sequel and here it is. i tried to fit it in oneshot but cannot so i tried to do twoshots still cannot. hehe i just finished this second part and there will be a part 3 but i havent finished it yet... i'm just excited to update this part keke. i like the song title "I Think I" by Byul. it matches the story. i suggest you listen to it. hehe

--

Sica went to the library to do research for a project. She was carrying so many books that she didn’t see someone in front of her. She bumped into this person and the books she was carrying nearly fall but the person held her in place so niether she nor the books fell.

“Still clumsy as ever.”

“Yyuri.”

Yuri smiled and left. Jessica is happy that Yuri had forgiven her and they decided to be friends. It is still a bit awkward between them but at least things got better. She watched as Yuri ran to Tiffany and held the latter’s hand. She should be happy but she isn’t. She’s worried that Yuri might have friendzoned her. Again, her heart is aching. A tear was threathening to escape.

Beep.

Sica put down the books on the desk and took her phone to read the message.

Hyomin: If you let that tear fall, you’ll owe me lunch.

Sica smiled upon reading Hyomin’s message. Yes, Hyomin who is always there for her. The tear that was threatening to fall was already gone. Either because the thought of buying Hyomin lunch scared her wallet or she’s just happy to know that Hyomin is always there to make her smile. She looked around and found Hyomin seating a few tables away. They decided not to tell anyone about their engagement because letting them know about it will only make things more complicated… and they both have way too much complicated in life. Hyomin smiled and winked at her making Sica smile bigger.

Sica: My fiancé just winked at me. I think she’s trying to flirt with me.

Hyomin: Jinja? Inside the library?!

Sica: Neh!

Hyomin: I wonder what kind of fiancé is that…

Sica: A very sweet one

“Hyomin ah!”

“Oh Sunny”

“I’ve been calling you a few time but you don’t seem to hear me because you were busy with your phone.”

“Ahh… Mianhe.”

“Who are you talking to?” Sunny asked but Hyomin hid her phone immediately unable to reply Sica. She didn’t want Sunny to find out that she is talking to Sica.

Sica wondered why Hyomin had not replied her yet. She saw Sunny talking to her fiancé. “Ahh… no wonder.” Sica pouted and hid her phone. She decided to continue with her project.

--

Hyomin watches Sica from the side. It was tennis class, Hyomin has finished her turn while Sica is waiting for her turn. She didn’t know when it started but she always wanted to take care of Jessica. She feels sorry for the older girl for being dragged into this stupid arrange marriage. She never really liked the idea of being force to marry someone you didn’t love.

Since they both don’t love each other, they planned to get the ones they love back and stop the wedding. When Hyomin came back, she realizes that her feelings for Sunny is not as strong as how Sica felt for Yuri. She still likes Sunny but she is also liking Jiyeon. It’s confusing her so she decided to set that thought aside and focus on helping Sica get Yuri back. Besides, Jiyeon and Sunny are together.

She is sure that the girl feels so alone right now. She gets hurt when she sees Sica hurting. She is aware of her growin feelings for Sica but again she chooses to ignore it thinking that it’s just pity. That’s what she keeps telling herself, that she only feels pity towards Jessica and nothing more.

“Aish… why is this so confusing?! Love is so confusing. Park Hyomin, you should have known any better to get involve in these kind of things. This is what you get for being a meddlesome. You should have minded your own business in the first place. It’s so troublesome.” She scolds herself.

“What? You’re talking to yourself now?” Sica sat beside Hyomin in a distance where no one will ever suspect them of anything but normal classmates.

Hyomin pouted and look at the side ignoring Sica who is one of the causes of her confusion. When Hyomin is confused, she wanted to be alone.

“Ottoke? My fiancé is ignoring me. I wonder why?” Sica said using a bit of aegyo which usually works with Hyomin. But Hyomin still ignore her.

Pouting, Sica continued, “I think my fiancé is mad at me. What could I have done wrong?”

Hyomin tried hard not to give in and continues to ignore Sica.

“I’m having a couple’s problem and my fiancé won’t talk to me. Maybe I should ask someone…” Sica was about to call one of her classmate but Hyomin face her making her stopped her act and smile at her fiancé.

“What are you doing? Yuri might catch us.” Hyomin warned.

“You’re worried about Yuri now?” Sica was still continuing with her act.

“Why are being like this?”

“Fine. Just ignore me then.” Sica said and face the opposite direction.

Hyomin sighed. She’s really not in the mood and she might have upset Sica. “Ani. I’m just worried that Yuri might catch us and misunderstand. I’m just worried that things might get more complicated than it currently is. I’m just worried about you.”

Sica knew that Hyomin is just worried about her. Hyomin always worry about her. That’s the problem. That’s what upset her. When she is with Hyomin, she forgets about her heartache and all the ‘complicated’ in her life. But Hyomin worrying about her all the time keeps on reminding her of all those things. Why can’t Hyomin let her (Sica) worry about the latter? She wanted to take care of Hyomin too. “Hyo…” Sica called as she faces Hyomin. They are staring at each other.

“Class dismiss everyone!”

Both Sica and Hyomin looked around and see that everyone was packing up.

“Let’s talk later.”

--

Hyomin was exchanging silly messages with Jessica while waiting for the teacher for the next class.

Sunny was pouting while watching Hyomin smiling while on her phone. “Hyomin ah can we talk?” Sunny asked firmly.

Hyomin looked at Sunny who has this serious expression.

Sica: Looks like you’re in trouble with your Sunny bunny

“Who is it?” Sunny asked.

“Huh?”   

“Who are you talking to?”

“Why do you want to know?” Hyomin asked getting nervous. She wondered whether they got caught by Sunny.

“I just wanted to know…” Sunny said in a sad tone which Hyomin noticed. There is also a hint of jealousy.

“Sunny ah, don’t worry it’s not Jiyeon.”

“Look Hyomin ah, I am not jealolus because of Jiyeon. It’s because of you! I love you! It’s not Jiyeon. And the thing is Jiyeon also has feelings for you. But you keep on misunderstanding that we are together.”

Hyomin was shock by Sunny’s confession. In fact everyone in the room were watching them including Sica. Sica watch as someone confess to her fiancé. There is a tug in her heart.

“What’s happening here?” The professor asked when she walked inside feeling the weird atmosphere. None of the students reply but they just sat back and focus on the lesson except for 3 students.

--

Lunchbreak

Sica was nowhere to be found. She went to the rooftop since no one would go there because of the cold weather. She was thinking. Thinking hard.

She feels so alone.

How can Sunny’s confession to Hyomin affect her so much?

It only made her feel more alone.

She is not sure she’ll be able to get Yuri back. And chasing for her is exhausting and hurting her. She is not sure if she can take it anymore. But she cannot just go on with the arrange marriage with Hyomin who is now being chase by Sunny and Jiyeon.

She feels jealous and alone.

“I have nowhere else to go…” Sica said to herself.

She felt someone gave her a backhug. “That’s because you are in the rooftop. There’s nowhere else you can go but walk back inside.”

“I just wanted to be free.”

Hyomin rested her chin on Sica’s shoulder. Sica tries to feel all the warmth she is feeling from Hyomin’s embrace. They stayed there in silence until…

“Sica”

“Hmm…”

“Let’s go back inside. It’s cold and my legs are feeling tired.”

Sica turns to face Hyomin, “Way to ruin the mood, Hyo.”

“Yah the reality is not as romantic as in the movies and dramas. I’m wearing a jacket and still feel cold.”

“Fine” Sica said. She agrees with Hyomin but she does not feel like going back inside.

“Sica, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing”

Hyomin raised an eyebrow.

“It’s just that I feel so alone.”

“Because of Yuri?”

“I’ve been chasing Yuri and I don’t know if it is even worth it. If will be able to win her over. If I can still take all the pain. And then it turns out that Sunny and Jiyeon are chasing over you. It looks like I’m the one with the one sided love who is trying to ruin the perfect couple.”

Hyomin lifted Sica’s face with both of her hands and looked straight to her eyes. “You are not a bad person. You will never will. Just follow your heart. I will always be here for you no matter what.”

“What about you? Sunny and Jiyeon?”

“They can wait.” Hyomin answered truthfully. Honestly she feels flattered by Sunny’s confession. She should be jumping right now. But Sica needs her now. She will not leave Sica alone not unless she is happy. If she does not get Yuri back at least she wanted Sica to be free to choose to be with the person she loves.

Sica cried and hugged Hyomin tightly. Hyomin hugged her back both of them sharing the jacket.

“Sica”

“Hmm…”

“…”

“Don’t tell me you want to go back inside.”

“It’s freezing.”

Sica rolled her eyes before walking ahead.

“Sica”

“What?”

“You cried… you cried a lot.”

She realized what Hyomin was talking about. “Fine. I’ll buy you lunch.”

“There were a lot of tears…”

“Hyo… I’ll be broke if you wanted me to buy you lunch everyday.” Sica complained.

“I was thinking more of watching a movie.”

Jessica broke into a big smile.

“I was thinking more of movie marathon”

“Like right now?”

Hyomin nodded a couple of times.

“Let’s go!” Sica held Hyomin’s hands and they rush out to their movie date ignoring the fact that they still have classes.

While being drag by her fiancé, Hyomin thought I’ll make sure you find your happiness, Sica. Saranghe.

--

 

Preview to the next chapter

 

"Jessica, the engagement is over." Sica tried to look for Hyomin.

"Jessica. Jessica, are you still there? Did you hear me? The engagement is over."