a vampire au no one asked for

what a mess

 

"BABY PLEASE," Mark begs. He just wants his boyfriend to turn around and talk to him, it already hurts that Mark can't even touch him.

"I'm sorry," he pleads, clasping his hands together as he tries to get a reaction out of Jinyoung. Anything will do, even if Jinyoung turns around to yell at him for being stupid, as long as he's talking to him. "Jinyoungie please!"

"I didn't mean to make you mad, I'm sorry!" He's about to get on his knees and beg, that's how desperate he is. He wants to crawl over to where his boyfriend sits and put his head in Jinyoung's lap, and maybe beg for forgiveness—Jinyoung always caved at his rare displays of aegyo. But not this time, this time Mark made Jinyoung so mad he broke out his collection of silver.

(Mark shivers and rubs at his arms, just thinking about the metal makes him sick.)

Earlier they had been out to run a few errands, more so Jinyoung than Mark, but the vampire was happy just tagging along. They had gone all over, from the university library (dropping off a few books Jinyoung finished a while ago) to the post office (mailing a present to his sister) to the grocery store (picking up some apples after Mark devoured all the ones he had) and finally to the music store in the mall (buying a pair of Dr. Dre Beats headphones for Jaebum winning first at a singing competition). The amount of walking Mark endured for his boyfriend tired him out, but having Jinyoung smile and promise him a nice night of relaxing when they got home made it worth while.

His boyfriend wasn't mad then, but within the next hour that would change.

He suggested they stop by a Holly's Coffee before their way back, and Mark wholeheartedly agreed, sitting in a coffee shop sounded absolutely amazing. Of course, Jinyoung was doing it because he felt bad Mark was dragged all through town with him without anything in return. He left Mark alone to go order two green tea lattes and a honey bread, kissing his boyfriends cheek before he got up.

It was cute. It was fun. They had had a nice little date and he got Jinyoung to feed him, something he didn't do often—Jinyoung was shy, getting very embarrassed when showing affection in public (something Mark likes to exploit). Despite not really needing to eat, Mark enjoyed every bite.

Everything was good, everything was fine. The sun was shining and the weather was perfect for taking slow walks on the way home. Mark smiled at Jinyoung and Jinyoung smiled back. Mark smiled at a dog and Jinyoung did not.

Dogs always liked Mark, despite being kind of undead and having freaky reddish eyes, which Mark was thankful for. (Birds would never shut up when he was nearby.) And Mark always liked dogs. Before he met Jinyoung, he would visit pet shops just to play with the puppies, but much to the owner and little pups' disappointment, he never took one home. Before he met Jinyoung, he had already known a few things about him via their mutual friend, Jinyoung's best friend actually, Jaebum. The younger boy liked suspense films, iced coffee on rainy days, and was deathly afraid of dogs.

Why, Jaebum never told him. And Mark never brought it up with Jinyoung.

As much as Mark enjoyed spending his time rolling around and playing with dogs and seeing their happy faces, he liked rolling around and playing with Jinyoung and seeing his happy face more. But that didn't mean he would from then on ignore all the dogs he saw. Jinyoung, bless his kind soul, understood Mark and didn't restrict him in any way.

Mark never ran off often, especially not when he was with his boyfriend. Just, sometimes a big husky would catch his eye, wagging it's tail and silently coaxing him over. And that's exactly what happened when they left the coffee shop.

The vampire was on the dog in an instant, petting it and running his hand through its fur. Jinyoung, of course, remained on the side as soon as he realized where his boyfriend ran off to. Normally he just lets Mark do as he pleases, while he fiddles with his phone or something. But that day of all days, something hit Jinyoung. First of all, Mark had been hinting all day he wanted to go home, being in the sun for so long made him tired, and his feet hurt from walking so much. So Jinyoung treated him to a latte, which he was stuck holding while his boyfriend went to pet a dog.

A dog.

Which brought Jinyoung to his second point, and as ridiculous as it sounded, he was worried Mark would get bored or tired of him and adopt fifteen dogs instead. He loved Mark and knew Mark returned his feelings, but the way Mark dropped everything to go play with any and every dog he saw, it hurt.

So he tried to occupy himself with other things, quietly sipping his latte.

(And that's when things took a turn for the Worst.)

Mark forgot everything around him while playing with his new friend—Bobo he was to be called, despite the tag on his collar saying Futa—enjoying the little kisses he was showered with. He hadn't notice Jinyoung getting bored behind him, shifting the bags and cups in his hands back and forth. That is, until his boyfriend called out softly for him.

Jinyoung didn't want to cut in between Mark and what made him happy, but the bags were getting heavy and he was having difficulty holding everything and he wanted to go home. Turning around, Mark instantly felt remorse for keeping his boyfriend waiting, and especially for keeping him near something he was afraid of.

So as the caring boyfriend that he was, he bade Bobo goodbye and made his way back over to his Jinyoung, smiling wide at him showing fangs and all. He watched as his lovely boyfriend's smiling face turned into one of horror as he's staring at something behind Mark.

By the time Mark turned around, it was too late. Not even his super human strength and reflexes could've prevented what happened.

Bobo launched himself at the vampire (where was his owner even), who in turned crashed into his boyfriend. Unfortunately with the sudden force falling against him, Jinyoung couldn't keep a grip on anything he was holding; the unfinished green tea lattes flew out of his hand, the bag with Jaebum's gift fell to the ground along with him. And the bag of apples, well, a few managed to stay in the bag.

(Jinyoung wasn't extremely mad at that point, but he was getting there.)

Mark felt Bobo his face like he was some sort of treat, as he slowly opened his eyes to the sight of a very nice chest. He could've showed Bobo all the spots that sported very nice purple marks on that chest if it wasn't for the angry growl that made his attention snap up.

His poor Jinyoung, looking half petrified and angry with green slush and liquid running down his face and under his shirt. Mark had immediately gotten up, forgetting about the husky to help his boyfriend up, trying to wipe the latte from his face as best as possible. He apologized and apologized, saying sorry until Jinyoung pushed his hand away to tell him that it wasn't Mark's fault.

Bobo was still hovering around Mark's legs, looking curiously between him and the very wet Jinyoung. It was when Jinyoung shock his head to get some of the liquid and slush out of hair the dog went a little berserk. Apparently some of it landed on Bobo, and the cold freaked him old causing him to bark and jump around, running to hide behind a meter maid.

Mark, the idiot of the year he should be crowned, immediately went to go soothe the scared animal. Disregarding Jinyoung who had fallen to the ground in fear, holding his hands close to his chest when the barking started.

(Aaaand that's when it happened.)

Jinyoung had promptly gotten up, grabbing his bags, turned his heel and practically sped away from the scene. With his drink still dripping from his hair onto his face and clothes, he didn't care. His own boyfriend leaving to tend to a dog than him was far more embarrassing than getting looks from people on the street as he quickly made his way home. He hadn't even looked back to see Mark running after him, calling his name.

Which leads back to now, Jinyoung sitting at his desk reading a novel about a werewolf while Mark stands about ten feet behind him.

"Jinyoungie,"Mark whines, his lip before biting down on it. He's sorry, so sorry for ditching Jinyoung like that. He should've known better, should've acted differently. "Please Jinyoung...just talk to me."

He hears Jinyoung sigh and hope rises up in him that maybe his boyfriend will say something and maybe take off all the silver he's wearing. Like really, he didn't even think Jinyoung had that many piercings and bracelets.

But he doesn't, and Mark slumps. Guess he has no other choice. The vampire makes his way over to his Jinyoung, taking slow steps and keeping himself from shivering. Silver makes him so uncomfortable; he can feel his skin start to burn a little. When he's almost to Jinyung's chair, the younger boy shoots up and turns to stare at him with concerned eyes.

"What are you doing?!" He questions, looking at Mark like he's crazy for getting so close to him. But Mark just smiles, satisfied that his boyfriend is talking to him. (He even has silver rimmed glasses, just how mad did he get?)

"Jinyoungie," Mark says, grinning and eyes bright, but not making any attempts to move away. Instead he moves closer when Jinyoung moves away.

"Are you an idiot? Has your age finally caught up to you, what are you—" The younger barely has time to pull off his silver rings, bracelets, and necklace when Mark catches him in a hug.

"Don't be mad at me," the vampire mumbles into his neck, lightly grazing the skin with his fangs. Jinyoung has his head tilted all the way back, not to give Mark a free pass at his neck, but to keep his earrings as far as he possibly can at the moment from him.

Mark doesn't let him go, not really concerned about the almost searing heat around his face, he'd rather suffer than let go of Jinyoung, especially when the younger man is mad at him. He feels Jinyoung sigh, a hand rubbing against his back and the burning feeling going away. He must've taken the earrings and glasses off, Mark thinks to himself as he grins into his boyfriend's neck.

He places a kiss at the base of Jinyoung's neck, eliciting a quiet gasp from his pretty mouth.

"Don't be mad at me, please."

A sigh.

"You know how I am with dogs.."

"I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to I just—"

"I know, I know. I'm sorry too, for ignoring you."

"I'll forgive you if you forgive me," Mark grins, lifting his head to see Jinyoung roll his eyes. "Come on, you have to say it," he throws in a pout and wraps his arms around the younger's waist.

"Ugh, how could anyone have put up with you for three hundred years?"

"Say it," Mark mouthes against his jawline.

"Okay, okay, I forgive you!" Jinyoung yelps when Mark starts at a spot under his ear. He brings his hands up to push the vampires face away from him, laughter betraying his protests.







"Did you always have that many ear piercings?" Mark asks from the couch as Jinyoung moves around in the kitchen probably looking for the last yakult he may or may not have rank already.

"Huh? No, they were just clip ons I borrowed from Jaebum."

"Oh."

"Why?"

"Nothing, just surprised you had piercings, well not really anyway."

"Should I get a piercing, then?" Jinyoung plops down next to Mark, throwing his legs across the vampires lap. Mark automatically brings his hands up to rub gentle circles around his knees.

"Hmm, I could give you one if you want," Mark says, moving to nose at Jinyoung's hair. The latter turns to him, an incredulous look on his face.

"Seriously?"

"Seriously," he says, pulling Jinyoung closer to him until he's pressed up against him. Mark moves his face to the crook of Jinyoung's neck, his breath making the other squirm against him. "Right here," he says as he nips the area he usually bites playfully.

The look on his boyfriend's face is totally worth the shove, and accusation of "You ert!"

 

 

 

 

a vampire au no one asked for by me and all my regrets

i'll come back and edit this one day