Part 1/2

Because You're Here

-- Jaejoong POV --

“Do it again.”

“huh? But…I already check this file many times so….”

“no matter how many times, if I said it’s not good..it’s not good..do it all over again.”

I take the report reluctantly and return to my seat..it’s been a year since I started working here, in this company….but still, I have a lot of hard times and struggles to got used to it..I sighed heavily and start tapping on the keyboard..maybe this job doesn’t suit me at all.

“Kim Jaejoong, make sure you send that report again by today.” Said my manager as he walked out from the office.

“ye…yes sir.”

~~

It’s already 9pm and I just come out from the office…I switched on my phone and walked to the station..suddenly my phone rang and I startled.

“whoa!”  I hastily picked the phone without looking at the screen who was the caller.

“hello?”

“hello! Jaejoong? Thank god~ finally you picked up your phone…it’s me, Yunho! I’m already in front of your house…are you still at your workplace?”

“huhhhh??!! Yunho!! Why are you there?! When did you come to Seoul?”

“what are you talking about? I already told you that I’m coming…did you read my message?” said Yunho..

“errrr…wait there! I’m on my way!” I said and hang up..I check on my messages in my phone and yup, there are plenty of unread messages listed..I open up one message from Yunho and read, he indeed told me that he’s coming to Seoul from Gongju and asked me if he can stay at my house for several days.

“ohh  !” I cancelled my intention to go to the station and just stop the taxi at nearby road.

~~

“Yunho!!” I called him as I can see him standing in front of my apartment building. “I’m so sorry..for making you wait..” I said as I tried to catch my breath..I feel sorry for him..these days, I rarely checked my phone..I’m so busy that I forgot..so I kinda feel guilty that I didn’t even picked him up at the station.

“it’s okay~ it’s okay~ it’s not that long…say~ there are so many people in Seoul, I’m excited!” he laughed.

“is that so? Well, lets come in..” I said.

“lets go~ lets go~” he cheered happily.

Without him noticed, I sighed and looked away as Yunho followed me from behind..does Yunho didn’t feel funny or weird staying over at my house? His ex-lover?….after all this time...for real?

When I opened the door and come in, I feel like wanna facepalm to myself..Yunho who already noticed, just laughed a little and looked at me..my house was such a mess! I didn’t have time to clean it at all..and worst, I forgot about it…the laundry is full, dirty plate left unwashed and don’t even talk about the living room..my small apartment did looked like a total mess.

“well…it’s okay..we can clean up a little..” said Yunho.

~~

The next morning, when I came to the office..I was reprimanded again by my manager about my disappointing work performance..and the rest of the day doesn’t really went well for me..accidentally, I made a blunder again.

“I’m home..” I said as I get into the house..it’s kinda awkward for me to say that.

“welcome home! Dinner is ready!” said Yunho

And I shocked with all the food served in the table.

“what’s with all this..that’s a lot..” I said..

“it’s okay..take your time…I made all of this for you..I noticed you just eat instant food and that’s not healthy you know~” said Yunho again.

I just kept my silent and looked around the house..it’s clean and the laundry also already done..Yunho definitely did all this chores..I bite my lips as I looked back at Yunho.

“seriously..you don’t have to do all this, Yunho..don’t decide that by yourself..”

“but…I don’t really mind..”

“just mind your own business! Then what’s purpose of you coming here!” I yelled and went into my room.

“won’t you eat? Jaejoong..”

“no…I’m tired..I want to sleep.” And I closed the door.

This guy…he’s always like that..doing all he wants and getting on my nerves..it’s so annoying.

~~

The next day, I was able to come back early from my workplace..the whole day when I was working, my thought was full with Yunho..maybe..I was a little mean yesterday..I didn’t mean to acted cold…and I don’t even say thanks to him for helping do the chores…and he even cooked for me…and I…ahh~ I sighed heavily..I need to apologize to him.

When I walked along the corridor, I saw Yunho talking to the neighbor.

“oh Jaejoong~ you’re back.”

The old man who is my neighbor was smiling at me.

“Hello there.”

I just bowed and smiled a little..then I pulled Yunho’s arms and get into the house.

“what are you doing getting all friendly with him..” I said.

“huh? He is your neighbor and he looked like a nice person.”

“I’m not sure what kind of person he was..don’t act like you’re in your hometown..it’s not the same here.”

Yunho sighed as he looked at me.

“Jaejoong~ you’re too serious…for god sake, you didn’t changed at all, don’t you?”

Somehow, I get annoyed by that.

“well..sorry for that! sorry for being such a serious, boring person!” I yelled.

“Jaejoong! I don’t mean like that!” said Yunho

“You’re carefree and easygoing person, I know! There’s nothing troubled you..and you look like you have no worries in your life…I envy that, Jung Yunho.” I said as I went inside my room and slammed the door.

“Jaejoong…..”

I closed my eyes as I lie on my bed..I rubbed my eyes harshly when I fell the tears are threatening to fall.

“I’m….a terrible person, am I….” I said softly.

~~

That night, I come out from my room to prepare my dinner…I don’t feel like wanna eat so I guess I just have a instant noodles..but when I looked at the table, dishes was already served..but it’s only for one person..I guess Yunho already have his dinner..silently, I sit in front of the table and eat.

“Jaejoong…” I startled when Yunho came to the kitchen and called my name.

“huh?”

“have you done eat your dinner?”

“umm..yea..th..thank you.”

“tomorrow is Sunday..you’re not working tomorrow, right? I’ll return home soon…so how about we go for a little walk?”

“umm..okay.”