Falling in Love

Unexpectedly You

 

 

"Hello everyone, my name is Sandara Park. Please treat me well!" Youngbae heard a pitched voice say. His ears pricked up a bit and he glanced curiously at the door and gestured with his head at it to the boy working next to him. "Who's that?" He asked. Jiyong, his best friend, glanced at the door and shrugged. "YG got some girl from the Phillipinees, I hear she's very popular over there." He said flippantly.

Younbae pursed his lip but decided it was none of his concern, what he needed to be concentrated on was this stupid floor that couldn't get clean no matter how hard it was wiped with the mop. Would he have go on his knees? He groaned and rubbed his already aching legs, they had practised dancing for most of the day yesterday, only taking a break when they felt they would faint. He sat down in a huff and layed himself out on the floor.

"Do you think we'll really debut?" He said suddenly.

Jiyong stopped his moping and leaned on the wooden handle. "I don't know, do you?" He answered with another question. Younbae snickered and sat up to give his childhood friend a cheeky smile. "Of course, YG would be crazy to drop us. We'll be big someday. We'll hold sold-out concerts, our album's will always be number one, we'll win award after award, and we will be the best group in Korea. Just wait and see." He said to Jiyong. A determined light came into his eyes, a light that was a reflection of Jiyong's own eyes. They nodded at each other and bumped their fists together.

"Yeah man, I couldn't have said it better."

"Oh, hello! Are you guys trainees?"

It was like slow motion. That moment. When he looked up to meet the doe-eyed gaze of the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. The wind was knocked out of him, all he could see was her. She quickly smiled at him and her eyes flicked to Jiyong, whom she also smiled at. Jiyong bowed and kicked him when Younbae didn't get up, he was too busy staring at her. "Dude, she's saying hello." Jiyoung hissed.

Youngbae blinked rapidly and stood up, though he was still in a fog. They bowed to each other and then YG came out to stand beside the short girl. "Ah, I see you've met two of our trainees. Boys this is our new trainee, Sandara Park. Sandara, this is Jiyong and that's Youngbae, they'll show you around." The older man said. The girl smiled up at him brightly and gave him a little hug.

Why wasn't she scared of him? Or at least a little intimadated? He would never dream of giving the boss a hug, she must be really brave. Plus, what kind of name was Sandara? He was snapped out of his thoughts when she started walking to them. "Its nice to meet you two, as he said I'm a new trainee. Treat me well." She said, a cute smile lighting up her face.

He froze again and opened his mouth to say something but just for the life of him couldn't find the words. "Way to look like a fish dude." Jiyong teased. Youngbae cut him a glare and Jiyong held his hands up in surrender. "Okay okay I get it." He relented. He flashed Sandara a smile and ushered her ahead. "After you m'lady." Youngbae frowned and quietly sulked behind Jiyong and the new girl as they walked down the corrider to show her around.

How come Jiyong was always so smooth? Did he never get tongue-tied before?

"Soooo, how long have you two been training?" She suddenly asked.

This time Youngbae was determined to get her attention. "We've been here since we were both 12, we're 17 now." He said proudly. He couldn't help but puff out his chest a little when she turned to look admiringly at him over her slim shoulder. "Really? You guys must really like what your doing then, but isn't it hard?" She said curiously.

This time Jiyoung answered. "It is, but we can take the heat. We're men afterall." Youngbae almost snorted at his boasting and gave him a little kick on the back of his leg, Jiyong turned and made a face at him. "I called dibs on her first, hands off." Youngbae mouthed. Jiyoung rolled his eyes and faced the front again.

"This is the studio, want a look inside?" Youngbae watched in annoyance as Jiyong's hand ever so casually brushed the back of Sandara's arm. He tsked, didn't he just say he called dibs first? They never crossed that line before, finders keepers losers weepers. Why was Jiyong being so annoying?

Youngbae quickly asserted his place with Jiyong when he shoved his way in-between them. "We're normally not allowed in here but since you'll be here from now I guess we can show you this one time." He told her. He raised his eyevrows at Jiyong as they went inside. This time, Jiyong got the hint. "Actually, you know what? I forgot there was something Teddy asked me to do, I better get it done. Youngbae can finish the tour." He finally said.

Sandara turned to him and bowed deeply in goodbye. "Oh, then it was nice to meet you. See you around." She said sweetly. Jiyong had waved goodbye to him also but he was too busy analyizing her face to give him the time of day. Jiyong rolled his eyes and made his exit. 

"He's pretty cool, is Jiyong his real name?" She asked, turning to face him.

Why was she asking about him? "Yeah, Younbae is my real name too." She nodded and looked around the studio. "So this is a real studio, I didn't expect it to be so...comfy looking." 

He snickered and plopped himself down on a sofa that was pushed up against the wall. "It is pretty homey huh? Its because we tend to get really into the music and won't leave till its done, the sofa's were we sleep. This sofa has us sleeping here more nights then our own beds." He joked. She covered with her hand as she laughed. "Really? What dedication!" 

Don't do that. You have a pretty smile. 

She was staring at him oddly with a slight tinge to her cheeks that wasn't there before. It took him a second to realize that he had spoken his thoughts aloud. "Well uhm yeah, its true. You've got a really uh really pretty smile yeah." He fumbled. He coughed and looked down at the ground as his feet did that stupid shuffle thing when he got shy. A giggle made him look back up. 

She was looking at him with the fondest expression he had ever saw on a girls face before. Her cheeks were still pink and her eyes still looked a little embarrassed but she looked so happy and just so beautiful that his heart almost stopped beating. 

Her. It was her.

His father told him of this exact same thing, it had happened when he met Younbae's mother for the first time. He said you would get this weird feeling in your chest, he had that feeling. He said that the girl would seem to glow, Sandara was pretty much lighting up the whole studio. He said that no matter what it was, no matter when she asked, you would do anything for her. Younbae would. He would catch a star if that was what she wished.

"Thanks Youngbae. You know, I think we'll be really good friends."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Wait, what do you mean your leaving for home? Aren't you a trainee here?" Youngbae asked desperately. 

Sandara sighed and layed a hand on his arm, making his heart leap despite the terrible situation. She was always able to do that to him, since a while ago he had accepted and came to terms with the fact that he loved her. He cared for Sandara the moment he saw her and wanted to continue to see her face every morning. But she had her bags in one hand with her passport in the other, she was leaving. Today. 

"Don't you want to debut as an actress here? That's what you've been telling me all this time." 

"Yes I do, but its a complicated situation. I have obligations back home, my family is still there and so is my boyfriend. I've been here for almost six months now, I think its time I got back." She explained. 

Boyfriend.

She had a boyfriend. 

"You-your already in love with someone?" He asked, completely stunned.

"Well yes, didn't I tell you?" She took a quick intake of breath. "Oh no, I didn't. I forgot, I guess I didn't think it was important enough to say. But yes I do, he along with my family are waiting for me." 

She didn't think it was important to tell him. In other words, he wasn't important enough. He stumbled backwards as the weight of the world seemed to crash on him, he couldn't look at her. He heard her crying out his name as he turned and ran away from her. If he looked back he wouldn't be able to tear his gaze away, it was better this way. 

It was. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Years later...

"Man, can you believe how popular Lies got? Like man, our fanbase went literally from 10,000 to 100,000 this week and the numbers keep going up!" Jiyong said. They were sitting on the couch in the music studio they often frequented just resting from their now busy schedule. Youngbae nodded and looked around the room, this was the first place he took Sandara all those years ago. He wondered if she'd changed much since he'd last seen her.

Many things had changed about him. 

He had finally debuted and after a year of being basically an unknown group they got famous through their surprising hit single "Lies". Hyunseung had unfortunately been cut from the group, she would be sad about that, she had really like him. Jiyong was now known as G-dragon, Seunghyun was TOP, Daesung was well..Daesung, and the other Seunghyun, the one that Sandara used to call 'the brat' was Seungri. And him? He was no longer Youngbae, he went by Taeyang now.

It meant the sun. YG had really liked the stage name and thought it was a genius, Youngbae wanted to tell him the truth but he didn't have the heart to say it. That the nickname was inspired by her.

He sighed and rubbed his face. He was so supposed to be enjoying himself, they had just won their first award on a music program but every time he started to feel genuinly happy, her face popped into his mind.

"Your thinking about her again?"Jiyong asked. He nodded again, not taking his eyes off the floor. Jiyong knew everything, he was there from the start to the bitter end of his love. "You should just move on, for all we know she's engaged and is settling down now since you never ask after her and I don't so I'm not tempted to tell you anything. While your here wasting away on the inside she's probably not even thinking about you." He cruelly said.

But Youngbae said nothing. Because it was true, she never cared. If she did, she would have called. Jiyong was right, he thought the world of her but was she even thinking of him? There was only a 0.000001% chance of that but Youngbae was through with taking chances. The last time he did that his heart was strewn on the street. He'll forget about her even if he ha-

The door burst open.

"Guys! Guess who moved back to Korea permenantly and is becoming a more fixed feature than that couch your sitting on!?" Seungri yelled excitedly.

And she stepped from behind the door to stand in the doorway. Sandara Park. She was back.

"Hey guys, its a bit sudden but I decided that I should come back here, aside from the issues back at home I guess I liked it a lot more than I expected." She smiled.

Shocked silence filled the room as Jiyong stared at Youngbae who was staring at Sandara as if she was an angel descended from the sky. An adorable frown scrunched her face. "Guys..." She pouted.

Jiyong glanced at Youngbae one more time before getting up to give Sandara a warm hug. "Hey noona, its nice to see you back after such a long while. But what happened? Are you back for real?" He asked. 

He was really asking in Youngbae's place. 

"Ah, there was some family issues and my popularity went down recently. I couldn't afford to stay there any longer so I had to come back." She said. Younbae instantly knew she was glossing over something. When she did her face up like that it meant she was either nervous or was hiding something. 

He needed to know. "Sandara, can I talk to you? Privately?" He said. Her pretty eyes turned to his and he knew that she knew that he figured out that she was trying to avoid something. Her head hung, causing her hair to cover her face. 

"Noona...", Seungri ventured at her sudden change of mood. Jiyong put a hand on his shoulder and ushered themselves out, for this Younbgae was grateful. Without uttering a word, they always understood each other. 

He stared at her forlon posture and grew a bit worried but he made sure to staunch it, at least, he tried to. "Sandara, talk to me. You know you can tell me anything." He reassured. 

A broken sob crawled from and she crouched on the floor, holding her face. "My father, h-he left us!." She cried. 

Youngbae was up in flash before the shock could even register in his mind, he knelt in front of Sandara and wrapped his arms around her. She hung onto him as she buried her face in the crook of his neck, crying her eyes out. "He took all my money! Everything I had worked for, he took it all. He had even wanted me to come with him but I was too tired so when I woke up again the next morning, he was gone!" She sobbed.

His heart broke for the woman he knew he had always loved. Tears sprung in his own eyes and he pressed his face against her small head, rocking her back and forth as she wailed desperately. He honestly didn't know what to do other than that. If he could he would kiss all her tears away and stop those heart-breaking cries from coming from those sweet lips. 

But he couldn't. 

"Sandara, why didn't you tell me? You should have called me, I would have come for you." 

She shook her head. "I thought you hated me, the way you ran away from me that day when I left. I waited to see if you would call but you never did, I thought I had really hurt you and since I was all the way back home, I couldn't apologize properly either. I didn't want to be a burden or make things hard for you so I just didn't." She sniffed. 

His throat burned at his stupidity. The love of his life was going through such a difficult time and all the while she had thought that he hated her? Could he get any more stupid? "I never hated you, I was hurt but never hated you. I thought that not being friends with you would be better but it was really hard Sandara, it really was. I missed you." He said sincerely. 

She leaned back a little to look him in the face. "I did too, I missed you the most." Her lip wobbled as she tried to smile, her eye make-up was smeared around her eyes and on his clothes, her nose was red, and her face was flushed crimson from crying. She looked lovely. His heart beat faster at her words and lifted his hand to gently carress her cheek. Her eyes flashed and she leaned gratefully against it as she sighed. 

"Thank you.." 

Something bloomed in his heart. Before he could stop himself, before he could give himself time to think, he leaned forward and touched his lips against her forehead. He didn't know how she would react but he needed to do this, not only to comfort her but because if he didn't touch her in some intimate way he felt he would die. 

But she didn't freeze or push him away like he thought she would, instead, she accepted it. 

He never wanted it to end but he knew he must, his emotions were raging too much for complete control. He leaned back again reluctantly. "I hope your boyfriend doesn't get jealous." He said lightly. 

She laughed a bit and looked down. "We broke up Younbae." He turned to her in shock and she nodded, affirming what he thought was a dream. "Yes, amazing isn't it? I thought it was meant to be it really wasn't. We wanted different things and in the end, our wants were too different to work together anymore. I guess no other man will love me in that way for a long time now." She sighed. 

Only Youngbae did love her in that way. He never stoppped loving her, even after she left, after all these years he still loved her just as much as if she had been here the whole time. Only now, seeing her again right before his eyes. He knew he loved her more than ever before.