2/2

feel good, solo day

sweet (boy), just stay as you are, or: the less than satisfying sequel

Mark isn't sure if he's dreaming again or if it's reality. He's stopped sneaking chocopies before bed, and most of the time he goes to sleep at a decent hour. He's above jealousy, but fear is another story. Mark will admit he gets jealous from time to time of other people lingering around his boyfriend for too long, who wouldn't be? He remembers the feeling, and he remembers how scared he was when he woke up from that dream. Even though Jinyoung reassured him, calmed him down, and put the fear to rest that night and every night since then, Mark can't seem to dismiss the nervousness he feels right now.

Maybe it's nothing. Or maybe he just imagined the whole collaboration with B1A4 and all the singing and dancing and touching. Especially the touching. Maybe it's all in his head.

Sure there were the girls from CLC standing in between them in the front row, and they were split in the second row—that was fine, it was all good and Mark was cool with it. He has enough trust in Jinyoung and is professional enough not to have a fit every time someone so much as looked at Jinyoung for too long.

When the director calls for a short break, he drops his arms with a relieved sigh. The dance required too much raising of the hands; he would much rather do a flip and maybe dougie a little. He's sure Yugyeom would ace that section if they did. (He's so proud of his “little” maknae.) Mark is about to call Jinyoung over and ask if he wanted to go get something to drink from the vending machine, but before he can, Jackson pulls on his arm and drags him off to the depths of hell. And by the depths of hell he means maybe the second level of hell where he has to watch Jackson and Bambam fight over who gets the bathroom first. By the time Mark worms his way out of going to chat up the CLC girls with the two, Jinyoung is already settled into a nice and what looks like an amazingly hilarious conversation with someone else.

Mark wishes it was Yugyeom, because Yugyeom is safe and everyone loves Yugyeom. Youngjae would've been okay too, but lately he's been wearing things that Jinyoung's worn and Mark is a little worried the younger one is on the verge of taking the clothes right off of Jinyoung's back. Jaebum is a little more problematic, no offense. Mark has an immense amount of respect for Jaebum, and they get along, but when it comes to Jinyoung, Mark wonders if he was “the one that got away.” He can go into a deep, philosophical speech about the JJ relationship, but in the end it all boils down to jealousy. Mark denies it, he will forever deny it, but anyone with eyes can see the look of disappointment on his face when Jaebum and Jinyoung are together.

But he's getting off topic.

Even if Jinyoung and Jaebum were talking, Mark would be okay because hey, he can easily slip into the conversation and get in on that hilarious fun. But it's not. Instead, it's a nightmare, like the one he had many many nights ago.

Jinyoung and Jinyoung, sitting on the lower steps of the bleachers, laughing with each other. Laughing is only the beginning. Then drinks are had, and that leads to feelings and other things, which eventually results in wedding bells that mark the start of the blissful journey of parenthood. (According to Mark, anyway.)

It's not that he thinks Jung Jinyoung is a bad guy, he seems like a responsible, good looking, fun guy. And it's not that he thinks Park Jinyoung should reject any prospect of friendship that comes his way and only hang around GOT7 members, he can do whatever he wants. What Mark is concerned about is how long it is until Jinyoung Jr. comes into the world. (If he had his way, Mark Jr. would be making his debut rather than the other hypothetical kid. Hypothetical because how would any of them get a child, rob a maternity ward?)

Their break couldn't be over any quicker, Mark thinks thankfully. The shooting is nearly done, just a little more and then it's the family scenes where the idols don't need to make an appearance at all. He thinks he can get through this, and then each group will go their separate ways and GOT7 will be back to playing with only one Jinyoung. Mark catches himself before his thoughts go any further, shaking his head at himself for sounding like an overly jealous boyfriend. He's really not, it's been a long day and his arms hurt. Yeah, something along those lines.

Mark's sure he's going insane.




Mark's done with filming. GOT7's done with filming. Everyone else is done with filming. But Jinyoung is not.

And neither is Baro.

The universe surely isn't out to get him, right? It was a stupid dream, but suddenly B1A4 is all over (Park) Jinyoung. It's definitely coincidence and not divine interference.

Baro and Jinyoung are chosen to do the dance tutorial for the Wednesday dance, and while they get ready on set, the rest of them are free to do whatever. None of them leave, just in case the staff wants to redo scenes or shoot some more solo shots, so the members of GOT7, B1A4, and CLC scatter for a while as Baro and Jinyoung get pulled to get their makeup redone.

He doesn't want to sound like a brat, but why couldn't they get someone else not Jinyoung to do it? Like Jackson, he and Baro got along just fine. Plus they were the rappers, wouldn't that make more sense? Or if they had to grab a Jinyoung, why couldn't it have been their Jinyoung instead of his Jinyoung. Mark huffs and sits down on a stray chair behind the cameras, arms crossed. At least it wasn't Jinyoung and Jinyoung, then his mind would have really imploded.



Jinyoung couldn't be any cuter. With his neat haircut and side swept bangs, yellow and white sweater—two colors he looked quite good in, if Mark had to say so himself—and a pair of very nice pants. Very nice and left not much to the imagination. And then there was Baro, looking good too he supposes. See, he's trying to be nice even when the two are made to practically be the poster children of newlyweds. Really, is all the hand holding necessary? Mark lost count of how many times they had to hold hands and smile and laugh and grin with each other. How dare the universe treat him like this.

He is, however, thankful for all the arm raising for once when Jinyoung's shirt rides up just a smidge to a lot to show off his flat stomach. Though he forgets the rest of the idle idols are standing around watching too, forgetting Jung Jinyoung might also be in the background. (Mark doesn't realize that fact until later, but by later he's put the dance tutorial behind him.)

Now really, did Jinyoung have to play the mother part and hang off Baro's arm like that? It should be him! Him, Mark Tuan and not Baro Cha Sunwoo! If his life was a cartoon, there would be steam coming out of his ears.



“Thank you for hard work!”

“You've worked hard, thank you for today!”

Filming finally wraps up and everyone is free to go home, the idols bidding each other and the staff goodbye before their managers ushered them out, whether to their next schedule or back to the company. Mark is just relieved he can have Jinyoung all to himself again—as soon as he finishes his farewells to B1A4. (He has no one but himself to blame for his jealous tendencies.) But as soon as Jinyoung's walking back to the group, a very relaxed smile on his face, Mark doesn't waste any time and throws his arm around his shoulder, pulling him along to their waiting members. And when the younger boy leans into him when they're in the van, Mark wonders what he was so worried for.



It isn't until months later he feels that irrational worry come back.



End of the year music festivals. Like any other music show they go on during the year, just a little bigger and more people. It's great to see other groups again, to see friends again, to see some awesome performances. Mark's not going to lie, he's kind of excited to see Like A Cat live.

It's a little unfortunate when their seating arrangements are less than satisfactory. For him, mostly. He could care less if Bambam wanted to sit next to Jaebum or not, he didn't even know where along the line they were. All he noticed was that Jinyoung ended up sitting by the guys of Winner rather than GOT7 (him). So of course he waves the other over, not losing to the winks no doubt Jaebum was sending him. He gets Jackson to move over, make room for Jinyoung to sit, and just in time for AOA's performance.

It's going to be a good night, Mark thinks to himself, glancing over at Jinyoung pick through the chocolates he procured for him.



A good night until everyone's on stage and congratulating and hugging each other. Not that they're not allowed to, and Mark himself was quite excited to do those things as well, but...(his) Jinyoung around a certain member of B1A4 makes him nervous. He really thought he was over his jealousy, but seeing the two Jinyoungs laugh and pose for the cameras made him feel uneasy. It was natural for two friends to pose closely together and be generally happy, so there really was no reason to be worked up. Deep down, Mark knows it's still that dumb dream driving these irrational thoughts.

The rest of GOT7 got along with the other members of B1A4, Mark remembers passing Jaebum and Sandeul making faces at each other behind one of the other rookie groups. Maybe it's different because he's not dating Jaebum, or anyone else in GOT7. He sighs, shaking some of the confetti out of his hair while he makes his way to find BTOB. He was thinking way too much into things, Jinyoung was and is a sweet guy, and there's no way Mark could ever make him stop being so pleasant around other people, nor could he bring himself to hurt Jinyoung by not trusting him.

So with his best mature adult smile, he makes his way to his friend and nearly tackles Peniel to the ground. Sometimes, not thinking about it makes a pretty good solution.



And sometimes, Mark wonders if the universe has a vendetta against him or something.

They're set to a live performance for the SMART Campaign, back again with B1A4 and CLC. And it's freezing out while all they have are their flimsy uniforms. To be honest, he doesn't know what's worse. Though, he feels bad for the girls of CLC. Mark shivers at the thought of performing in less than the desirable weather conditions.

This time, B1A4's Jinyoung isn't available, which sort of calms Mark's nerves, but at the same time he's jealous the other idol doesn't have to suffer in the cruel February winds. Jackson and Baro are off doing some interview and boasting about their fabulous friendship and being loud, leaving the rest of them to loiter in the tent behind the stage. Everyone looks cold, Yugyeom dancing in the corner in an effort to keep himself warm, but just looking at him make Mark feel more cold than anything.

He tries to tug his pant legs down, cursing his outfit in particular. Who thought ankle length clacks were a good idea? His socks weren't even long enough to cover the exposed skin there. As nice as the uniforms looked, he wishes he was given a uniform that shielded most of his body from the cold, as thin as the material was. His ankles weren't even anything special to look at, someone please give him socks.

A few minutes before they're set to go perform, Jinyoung slumps down in the seat beside him, probably done with playing peacekeeper between the younger trio. He leans into Mark and the elder is slightly pleased with the new source of warmth beside him. He's undoubtedly pleased with his having his boyfriend beside him, but he also appreciates not dying of hypothermia.

Maybe that was exaggerating a little, but Mark was beginning to lose feeling in his legs.

“Hey,” he whispers to the younger male. Jinyoung's tugging down the sleeves of his jacket to try and keep warm, but he can barely pull it over his knuckles. He makes a sound of acknowledgment, moving closer to press right up against Mark's side.

“You love me right?” He asks, eyeing the pink of Jinyoung's cheeks from the cold. He's sure his face looks the same, but everything looked better on Jinyoung.

“Is the cold making you go insane or something? Of course I do,” Jinyoung answers immediately, giving Mark a strange look. “Don't tell me you're coming down with something.

Mark only laughs, tugging Jinyoung's hand away from his forehead despite his protests of “are you sure you don't have a fever, just let me check!” and keep it captive in his own.

“More than B1A4?”

“Now I definitely know you've lost it.”

“Yeah, yeah, just answer the question, Jinyoungie.”

“I'm pretty sure you know the answer, or at least you should.”

“And what's that?”

Jinyoung rolls his eyes and squeezes Mark's hard.

“Of course I love you more than B1A4. Even though I'm not sure how the two relate, but I'll let it go because it's cold.”

Mark hums and rests his head against Jinyoung's, sticking his tongue out at Yugyeom, who's shaking his head from his spot next to Youngjae. There's maybe a minute or so left until the live starts, but it's all good.

“Love you too.”

Jinyoung still loves him more than B1A4 and the other Jinyoung isn't here, so who wins? Mark Tuan wins. The universe can it.

 


 

sorry if you can tell it was rushed but i had this for ages and put it off for ages to the point i couldnt even remember where i was going with it welp

man not writing for extended periods of time really does affect my writing does it hm