I don't know, Tao

I Don't Know, Tao

Suho POV

I had just woken up. It looks like it's about 6:08 AM right now; that's what my clock says, anyway. I my bedroom light and changed into my everyday wear. I've decided to let the other memebers sleep in today because it's going to be a long day and they need their rest.

I went into the restroom and looked in the mirror. I yawned and then ruffled my hair.

I brushed my teeth, took a quick shower, and combed my hair. After that, I took a trip downstairs to make some coffee, until I heard someone in the living area. It sounded like... sobbing. I walked into the living area and saw Tao sitting on the couch crying.

I quickly ran over to his side to comfort him. "Tao, what's wrong?" I asked worridly. His hands were covering his face and he was crouched down on the couch. Tears were dripping from his hands. It was like his hand was the rainclouds and his tears were the raindrops.

"Tao, please answer me. Why are you crying?" I moved his hands away from his face. His eyes were puffy and blood-red. He hadn't been doing anything other than crying. I've never seen Tao so sad and upset. He looked so... numb.

Tao quickly turned towards me and wrapped his arms around me tightly. I was schocked at first because it was so sudden, but then I hugged him back. He looks so hurt. He then looked at me; his face drenched from the tears and his eyes red and puffy.

"S-Suho hyung.." He squeezed the back of my t-shirt and then repeated my name again. Burying his face in my t-shirt, he wiggled his face to wipe his tears away.

"What is it, Tao? Why are you crying?" I asked him again. He looked back and me, yet again and had more tears roll off of his face onto my shirt. "Wh-why did he go?" I looked at him with a confused look.

"Why did who go?" I asked him.

"K-Kris gege.." he then hid his face in my shirt again.

My face went pale. I was shocked. "What do you mean?" He nodded with his face still hidden in his shirt in response. I held Tao closer to me afraid of where Kris could be.

"I don't know, Tao," I started. "I don't know why he left."

~*~*~ 3 years later ~*~*~

We're all in black. Kris is here with us.

*flash back*

3 years ago, Wu Yi Fan had left EXO to pursue his dream of acting. The day we found out, I saw Tao on the couch crying. He told me what had happened and I, of course, was shocked. After that day Tao had always been hidden among his room. When he came out, it was only for using the restroom and taking some snacks in, but other than that, he was hidden.

One time, I was past his room and his door was cracked open. It had looked like his floor was made up of tissues. Chanyeol also said when he passed his room all he heard on the other side was crying.

The day Kris came out with his OST, Time Boils The Rain, all Tao would listen to was that song. He came into my room that day and sat on the end of my bed. It seemed like he wanted to talk, but all his did was cry. Maybe he wanted to get out of his room for a little?

A few days later, Tao started to go to counseling. I would've never thought Kris leaving would give him this much pain. I'm not exactly sure what he does at counseling because he doesn't say much about it. I suppose it's one of his "daily routines."

About a week later, we had a concert to attened. We were performing one of our new songs; Overdose, the Chinese version. Tao didn't want to miss out because he was going to his hometown, so he came to the concert with us. Meaning which, he had to perform Kris' parts.

When Tao began to perform Kris' part, he did well. It seemed as if he was recovering.

While on our way back to the dorm in Korea, Tao had finally decided to talk to us.

It finally felt normal again. Tao wasn't isolating himself in his room anymore. It was like our family had finally been brought back together again.

Until one day, all of us but Tao went to the mall. It seemed strange because Tao had said no to us.

We were all gone for a couple of hours, but when we got back to the dorm we saw a sheet of paper hanging on the front door.

Sehun had taken it off and read it aloud before starting to tear up. We were all shock and heartbroken. It read:

"Dear EXO members,

Hey, guys. I know this may be sudden, but thank you all for the memories you have all given me. I'm greatful I was able to be apart of most of them. I just wanted to say sorrt for all of the things I have said and done; those things won't happen ever again. I promise. I mean what I said. I only wrote this because I wanted to let all of you know that it isn't EXO 12, or even EXO 11 now. I'm sorry again, guys. I'm sorry to didisappoint you. I hope you all forgive me.

Love, Huang Zi Tao♡"

Sehun had dropped the paper knowing exactly what was going on. The paper blew away in the wind as if it was a bright fluffy feather. He fell on his knees and one single tear dropped from his face. Luhan rushed towards his side. All of us then went inside afterwards.

We were all shocked. That day, I called Kris. He was in the middle of making his movie, but I told him it was serious.

I told him everything. I told him how Tao acted after he found out he had left, I told him that he visited a counselor, I told him everything. Lastly, I read the note to him.

The only thing he had said throughout that whole conversation was "hello." The line went silent and then I heard him. He was crying. I felt so bad because I knew how much he had loved Tao. Kris ended our call without a "goodbye."

A few days later, there was a surprise at our door. I answered it and saw Kris standing on the other side. He had left China to come see the rest of us here in Korea.

~*~*~ Present ~*~*~

We're all in black. Kris is here with us.

We're all circled around the rectangular hole filled with a black casket. I heard the other memebers quietly crying.

I looked up at Kris, who was standing next to me. I saw a tear drop down from his face.

"Why?" Is all he asked.

"I don't know, Kris," I started. "I don't know why he left."

Kris then dropped a picture of him and Tao together and it faced upward in the hole.

------

A/N: So, I wrote this a little while ago. How was it? Tell me down below in the comments and make sure to subscribe and vote. :)

Thank you for reading!