06; Of Stalking & Bickering

The Dorm Life of Pinkfinite

[I apologize for the long hiatus ): Please read A/N at the end!]

 

Autumn came.

 

Chorong puts on the last dab of her mascara, checking her appearance in the varsity mirror. Naeun’s body drapes lazily across of Chorong’s bed, as the younger girl stares at the older girl put on her final make-up.

 

“You look good already, unnie, if you don’t get going soon, you’ll be late for your date with Woohyun oppa.” Naeun snickers.

 

Chorong tuts disapprovingly. “It is not a date,” Chorong insists. “It’s just a meet-up between friends.”

 

“Uh huh,” Naeun hums, “Whatever floats your boat.”

 

Chorong doesn’t reply. Deep down, she thinks to herself, if only you knew the agenda of our meeting, Naeunnie.

 

She stands up and does a twirl in front of Naeun. “How do I look?”

 

“Splendid. Are you sure it’s not a date?”

 

Chorong throws Naeun an almost menacing glare. “No.”

 

“Alright, have fun, unnie!” Naeun shrugs. “Come home before the curfew, and don’t get caught by paparazzi.” She wiggles her eyebrows.

 

Once Chorong left the house, another female starts to get into action.

 

Hiding behind a thick, grey woolen scarf, an oversized pair of shades and a large summer (or Mexican?) hat, Namjoo takes out her walkie talkie and whispers into it,

 

“Target #1 identified and has left the dorm. I repeat, target #1 has-”

 

“Okay, okay, I heard it the first time.” says the person on the other line, who was none other than the resident prankster, Sungyeol.

 

Namjoo looks to her left, then to her right, before coming out of her hiding place under the kitchen table. “Coast is clear,” she mumbles to herself, rolling out from under the table suspiciously. She crawls towards the door stealthily (or so she thinks) and successfully escapes the dorm to meet her partner in crime.

 

This is all witnessed by Naeun, who happens to come out of the room to get a cup of water. But Naeun doesn’t say anything. She just raises her eyebrows and retreated back to her room.

 

Namjoo meets Sungyeol at the lift lobby. Both of them don the same clothing style, a long caramel-coloured trenchcoat, oversized shades and boots.

 

Sungyeol peers at Namjoo from beneath his shades, checking her outfit and nodding in approval. Then, he says, “Let’s go quickly before we miss them.”

 

The (dynamic?) duo follow behind Woohyun and Chorong quietly. Suddenly, Sungyeol speaks up.

 

“Yah yah yah, what if they enter a hotel?”

 

Namjoo frowns, and rolls up the newspaper she brought (it was supposed to be a disguise) and whacks Sungyeol across the head. “Don’t be stupid, you idiot!”

 

“Ow, woman! You have the strength of a cow!” He rubs his sore head.

 

“A cow?!” Namjoo half-shrieks and starts to hit Sungyeol ruthlessly, “I’ll show you the strength of 10 cows combined!”

 

“Ow, ow, ow, how can you hit oppa like this? Yah!” The male’s yells come out as hush whispers, because he doesn’t want to alarm Woohyun and Chorong who are 200m in front of them.

 

Namjoo stops hitting him and crosses her arm. She huffs, “Physically, you’re an oppa. But mentally, you are far from that, so I have all the right in the world to hit you.”

 

“Rude!” Sungyeol retorts and fake-gasps, putting his acting skills to good use. “I am going to complain to my manager who will tattletale to your manager and I’ll make sure she punishes you.”

 

Namjoo narrows her eyes at the taller male. “You wouldn’t dare.”

 

Sungyeol’s lips quirk up into a smirk as he bends downwards to meet Namjoo at eye level. “Watch me.”

 

The two share an intense staring competition with no ounce of love/affection in their eyes. There was absolutely nothing sweet about the staring. After a good 30 seconds of unblinking staring, the duo finally remember their whole purpose of meeting together in the first place.

 

Namjoo breaks the eye contact first, completely ignoring the slight blush that is creeping up to her cheeks. “!” She curses, “This is all your fault! We lost Chorong unnie and Woohyun oppa!”

 

“My fault?!” Sungyeol points at himself with wide eyes. “Says the violent cow!”

 

“Yah!”

 

And Sungyeol gains another whack. (He completely deserves it)

 

---

 

Thankfully for the duo, Woohyun and Chorong were walking at an excruciatingly slow pace (courtesy of Woohyun, because he insists on spending quality time with his ‘Rong-Rong’.) so it wasn’t difficult for them to catch up.

 

“If we lose them one more time,” Namjoo breathes angrily, “I will hurt you in places you would never imagine in your wildest dreams.”

 

Sungyeol frowns and places both hands protectively in front of Sungyeol Jr. Namjoo catches the action and rolls her eyes (while blushing nevertheless).

 

“Ugh, oppa, not there!”

 

The choding grins childishly at Namjoo. “Yeah, I know. But you know, if you hurt Sungyeol Jr and I can’t produce offsprings anymore, you’ll have to marry me, Kim Namjoo.”

 

“You wish!” Namjoo retorts while blushing even harder.

 

This time, Sungyeol notices the blush, and to her remark, he thinks ‘I do.’

 

---

 

The stalking went on smoothly afterwards, with quite a number of bickers and banters along the way, but that’s typical of Namjoo and Sungyeol. Finally, Woohyun and Chorong turn into their destination, which happens to be the ACube building.

 

Just a few months ago, Woollim Entertainment opened a cafe (and other entertainment services) in the ACube building. It was part of the grand plan to create closer bonds between both companies in hope of better collaboration in future. The two sajang-nims also happen to be good friends, so it’s no surprise that Woollim artistes drop by the ACube building often.

 

In fact, when the cafe first opened, Infinite happened to have a one week break and Woohyun made sure to spend every single day at the cafe, waiting for Chorong to come out from practice. He also conveniently dragged a few members like Myungsoo and Sunggyu, as much as the two resisted.

 

Anyway.

 

“Tch,” Namjoo tuts, “I had expected Woohyun oppa to bring unnie to a nicer place.”

 

Sungyeol crosses his arms in defiance. “I think the Woollim cafe is a very nice place.”

 

Namjoo stares him down. “That’s because it’s opened in the ACube building. Our building makes everything nice.”

 

“Does not!”

 

“Does too!”

 

“Not!”

 

“It does!”

 

“Stop deceiving yourself.”

 

“Back at you, sir pabo.”

 

“Yah, rude!” Sungyeol yells back.

 

Namjoo, who had grown tired of the argument, conveniently ignores Sungyeol and follows after the couple ahead of them diligently into the cafe.

 

“Young lady, get back here! We are not done with this conversation until I say so!”

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

Woohyun and Chorong enter the semi-empty cafe and takes a secluded seat in the corner, to avoid getting caught by paparazzi.

 

The young childish duo find themselves seated at the table diagonally behind Woohyun and Chorong’s table, hidden behind a makeshift newspaper fort.

 

Namjoo watches the couple chat from behind her large sunglasses. She watches how Woohyun’s leg was slowly but subtly approaching Chorong’s leg and nudging it sensually.

 

Namjoo’s jaw drops as she tilts her sunglasses downwards. “Pssssst, oppa.”

 

“...”

 

“Oppa.”

 

“...”

 

“Yah, oppa, I’m talking to you!” She turns her head sideways, only to see Sungyeol concentrating on the menu.

 

“Namjoo-ah, what should I order? The pumpkin cheescake looks really good, but I’m having a craving for tiramisu…” Sungyeol ponders aloud as he his lips.

 

Namjoo slaps his arm, earning a yelp from the male. “Pay attention! This is not the time for food!”

 

“But we’re at a cafe, my dear. What else can we do at a cafe other than to enjoy the food?” Sungyeol drawls dramatically.

 

Namjoo tuts disapprovingly. “Aish, you are just as bad as your hyung over there. Just look at him, trying to make a move on Chorong unnie!”

 

Sungyeol looks over at the other table, where Woohyun was not-so-secretly running a leg up Chorong’s thigh while he places a hand over Chorong’s hand comfortingly. Namjoo doesn’t know why Chorong isn’t reacting negatively to Woohyun’s touches. Either she can’t feel the touches (because of her thick leggings) or she’s actually receptive towards Woohyun’s strong affections. Either way, Namjoo feels protective over her unnie and she’s not willing to let Woohyun take advantage of Chorong.

 

Sungyeol whistles lowly, looking thoroughly pleased. He pumps a fist in the air, “Yeah man, you go get her, hyung!”

 

Namjoo gapes at Sungyeol’s reaction and gives him a horrified look, but the boy doesn’t see it (or at least, he pretends not to). He waves the waitress over, while holding the menu with his free hand.

 

“Hi, can I get a lava cake, a mocha ice-blended, and… Namjoo? What do you want?” He turns to look at Namjoo, who is still fuming at everything. Sungyeol shrugs and turns back to the waitress. “I’ll help her order then. Let’s get this angry ahjumma a caramel macchiato. A bit of sugar should cool her down, ay?” He winks at the waitress before casually dismissing her.

 

“Ahjumma?! Who are you calling an ahjumma?!” Namjoo glares at Sungyeol once the waitress disappeared. She pinches Sungyeol’s thighs hard, earning a strangled scream from the male and many weird looks from the customers around them.

 

Sungyeol fixes his sunglasses and beanie and smiles sheepishly (yet painfully) at the other customers. “Sorry, I have a stomachache. It hurts so bad, aha. Ow!” He grabs his stomach and fake-screams.

 

He pries off Namjoo’s hand from his thighs and clasps it between his own as he bats his eyelashes repeatedly at the girl. “Well, if you’re the ahjumma, can I be the ahjussi to this ahjumma?”

 

“Y-You!!” Namjoo stutters and blushes furiously.

 

Sungyeol bites his lips to prevent himself from smiling widely. He loves how he has this effect on Namjoo.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The date is finally over and Woohyun is walking Chorong home. (well technically they live in the same building so …?)

 

Sungyeol and Namjoo chase them relentlessly. Namjoo watches how Woohyun’s arm hovers around the back of Chorong’s waist, very close to her , as though Woohyun is deciding on whether it would be too fast for such skinship.

 

Just the sight of it makes Namjoo feel so protective over her unnie, so her first instinct is to march over to stop Woohyun.

 

“Namjoo? Where are you goin- Oh my god, no, come back!” Sungyeol groans and chases after the girl.

 

Namjoo is close enough so she opens to stop Woohyun. “Hey, hey, hands of- Mmpfh!”

 

Woohyun and Chorong turn around, slightly shocked by the sound. Woohyun curses in his head because he was so close to holding his goddess by the waist, but this person just had to ruin it. He is prepared to shoot lasers at the person who spoiled his perfect moment, but he is greeted with a shocking sight.

 

A couple is making out against the brick wall, the male hovering over his girlfriend while he traps her in between his arms. Woohyun and Chorong can’t see any of their faces, because the back of the male’s head is blocking their view.

 

Chorong frowns unhappily. “Teenagers. Such bad upbringing. Get a room!”

 

Woohyun rubs her back soothingly in circles. “There, there, my princess. Don’t be angry, or you will have wrinkles on your flawless face.”

 

Chorong makes a face at him. “Only you would make such greasy comments at a time like this. Nam Woohyun, you’re seriously something.”

 

“Does that ‘something’ mean ‘Park Chorong’s’? Because if so, I’d gladly be it.” Woohyun grins cheesily.

 

“Ugh, Nam-grease.” She groans and stalks off.

 

“Hey, wait for your Prince Charming, my princess!”

 

Meanwhile…

 

Namjoo blinks once. Sungyeol blinks once.

 

Namjoo blinks twice. Sungyeol blinks twice.

 

Namjoo blinks thrice. Sungyeol blinks thrice.

 

It takes Namjoo another 5 second for her to register that Sungyeol is kissing her on her philtrum (the space in between your lips and nose) and a bit of her upper lip. Sungyeol nips a little at her upper lip, bringing Namjoo back to reality. She pushes him away harshly.

 

“What the hell, oppa?!”

 

Sungyeol is flung backwards. He touches his own lips with his fingers. He couldn’t believe that he was gutsy enough to actually lay his lips on the girl he fancies. He looks at Namjoo, who has her glossy lips parted, a glazed look in her eyes and a beautiful shade of pink spread across her cheeks.

 

She looks stunning, he thinks.

 

“U-Uh,” Sungyeol stutters. “I’m sorry for not being sorry for kissing you!” He shouts quickly and dashes off home, leaving Namjoo standing alone on the streets.

 

Her mind processes Sungyeol’s actions and words as she reaches up to touch the spot he kissed earlier.

 

Could it be… Sungyeol oppa likes me?


Unknowingly, a small smile appears on Namjoo’s face.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[A/N]: Hello hello! I'm back!

Firstly, I'd like to apologize to my subscribers for not updating this story. I'm back now!

Hahaha, you guys would never have thought that YeolJoo would be the first to kiss right? Well, technically it wasn't a proper kiss but... /pedo smile/

Secondly, I was wondering: If I were to accept one-shot requests, how many of you would participate?

Leave a comment and subscribe! I really appreciate all of you <3

P.S. For those who like Bangtan Boys/BTS as well, check out my one-shots! (shameless advertising)