fin.

Sailing our ship

Of course, rookie actor Kim Myungsoo applied for the casting of his favorite anime’s live action, though he was the most surprised that he actually got one of the main roles in it, but he was excited to finally debut on the big screen. Small drama roles are not that satisfying after a while. And a role in a remake of his guilty pleasure? Could it get any more perfect?


And on the first day of shooting it turned out it could. One of the other actors, someone called Lee Sungjong caught Myungsoo’s attention pretty easily. Them being the two youngest members of the cast had it’s perks and soon the two actors established a really good friendship, and even after the shooting ended they met up as often as their schedules let them.


A few months later the movie finally started to air at cinemas, and Myungsoo was happy to see all the positive reactions the fans of the anime left, praising his acting. Though when he ran into fanarts, fanfictions or anything that included him being paired up with Sungjong Myungsoo couldn’t really hide his embarassment, though a positive kind of because the more often they met the quicker Myungsoo felt himself falling for the younger boy, and if he can’t have the real one, he might as well imagine themselves together via fanfictions. (He skipped the NC-17 ones though, because he wasn’t ready for them.)

It was the first time he and Sungjong had an interview together, only the two of them, and even if Myungsoo was used to replying to every kind of questions, for some reason it made him feel uneasy to sit in front of a woman around her mid-thirties who was eyeing the two of them with a strangely happy grin on her face.
“You two are insanely popular these days, and there are many stories being on the internet about the relationship of the two of you, how does that make you feel? It looks like you two will become the second Lee Jongsuk-Kim Woobin with their famous friendship...” She began the interview with this, and Myungsoo took the courage to answer first.
“Well, it’s flattering that people are comparing us to Jongsuk and Woobin sunbaenims, I hope we’ll get as many opportunities as they do with our friendship.” He chuckled, though it was more for the camera. “As for the stories on the internet. I myself ran into a few of them when I spent my free time checking responses of the movie, and honestly? I have to say that I ship us, if I can use internet-slang here.” He grinned. During the ‘I ship us’ part he looked at Sungjong, and wondered whether the younger got what he was implying with that. If not, then fanservice was still a perfect excuse.


As they got more and more inviations for interviews and show, the deeper Myungsoo was falling into the depths of Lee Sungjong, and he became more and more obvious during interviews, and even if Sungjong started to feel sorry for the boy having to come up with the lamest pickup lines, he found it too cute to actually make him stop. Besides it was kind of complimentary to see Myungsoo try so hard for him, as he was starting to develop a little crush on the other actor himself, but who could blame him? Myungsoo was too adorable to resist. And he wondered when will he run out of ideas and actually confess to him.


They continued with this for a while, but then Myungsoo was starting to give up on ever conquering Sungjong’s heart, because even after basically humiliating himself in every possible place they appeared at together the boy still doesn’t seem at least a tiny bit romantically interested in him. So as their promotions wrapped up, and they didn’t have to attend more interviews, photoshoots or anything he slowly started to distant himself from Sungjong in hopes of falling out of love. He began to ignore Sungjong’s calls, messages and e-mails because he was sure he would fall even deeper if they’d meet again, and he couldn’t risk that.

 

Days or even weeks passed without Myungsoo responding to Sungjong and he was planning to continue with this habit, but one night, not after he came home from his schedule someone started banging on his door.
“Yah! Kim Myungsoo! I know you are inside, so open the door or I will have to break it and it’s not something you want to deal with.” He heard Sungjong shouting, and Myungsoo groaned in frustration. All he wanted is to take a hot shower and rest, but it seems fate had other ideas. He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair before he went to open the door. He didn’t expect the other to jump on him, hugging him tightly, and they almost fell on the ground, but it didn’t make Sungjong release him. “Why aren’t you talking to me anymore? Aren’t we supposed to be best friends?” He murmured into Myungsoo’s shoulder. The older sighed.
“I… had my reasons, okay?” He mumbled, hugging back the other awkwardly. Avoiding him for a few weeks didn’t help on his feelings at all, being with the younger boy made his heart beat as quickly as it used to, and the other’s grip was so tight around him he was scared Sungjong would hear it. It was the last thing Myungsoo wanted to explain to him really. But it felt nice to be hugged by him, and Myungsoo couldn’t help on the faint smile forming on his lips. There was no point in ignoring him anymore anyway, so why shouldn’t he enjoy the time and the attention Sungjong wants to spend with him, even if only as friends. “But it won’t happen again, alright?”
“It better not...” Sungjong slowly released Myungsoo, then glared at the older boy. “I’m going to spend the night, because it’s late and my manager will kill me for sneaking out, and I’d rather die tomorrow during daytime.”
Myungsoo couldn’t argue with that and didn’t want to. It will be fun to have a sleepover with Sungjong after not seeing him for a while.

They didn’t get many sleep as they spent half their night watching sappy romance dramas, criticising the bad acting of some of their colleagues, and stuffed themselves with popcorn, nuts and other snacks their personal trainer would scream their hairs off for, but they couldn’t care less. They regretted it though as soon as their alarm clocks started ringing at 7am, and both of them felt like zombies who got brainwashed at least three times.
“Next time we should make sure none of us has a schedule before we refuse to sleep until 4am...” Myungsoo yawned while he slowly crawl to the kitchen to make some breakfast for them, and it didn’t take long until Sungjong followed him and began making coffee. When he was ready, he grabbed a mug and filled it with the hot beverage and slumped into a chair. He took a sip, then looked at Myungsoo who was busy with frying eggs for them.
“You know...” He began, and when he heard a murmur from the older as a response that he is paying attention he continued. “I ship us too.” Somehow it sounded better in his head or when he heard Myungsoo say that, but now it just made him blush. Myungsoo however simply froze to his place, and Sungjong had to go and turn the gas off before the eggs set on fire because of the lack of attention. It took Myungsoo another few minutes to turn around and look at Sungjong with a clearly confused face, and a faint blush spread on his cheeks.
“What.” That’s the only thing he managed to say, and Sungjong had the urge to facepalm, because why the hell do I like this idiot.
“I would recite all the lame, but very cute pickup lines you used in our interviews, but I would probably die from embarrassment, so let me just tell you everything straightforwardly. I. Like. You. And I’ve been liking you for a while, and I know you like me too, because you were pretty obvious, and I have to admit I found you trying to catch my attention with those very adorable, that’s why I didn’t say a thing. I didn’t expect you to start ignoring me after a while, I was waiting for you to confess...” He scratched his nape in slight embarrassment. “But all in all… If you were a dementor, I’d become a criminal just to get your kiss.” Sungjong flushed a deep shade of red, and he couldn’t believe he said that, or that he actually knew that pickup line, but everything for Myungsoo.
“Oh my god...” Myungsoo laughed, he really couldn’t help but laugh because that was worse than any of the previous lines he ever used. “Well, I’m not a dementor, but...” He pulled Sungjong closer and pressed their lips together, then quickly released him. “You can still get my kisses anytime.”
It was Sungjong’s turn to lean in and kiss Myungsoo.