Unspoken Words

Unspoken Words

December 13th, 2014.

Thirteen, the number means many things. Many people said it’s a bad number, the unlucky number 13. For Super Junior, and ELF, 13 means Cho Kyuhyun, the thirteenth member.

It’s my number.

Yet, for Lee Sungmin, 13 means a date he will remember for the rest of his life.

 

December 13th, 2014

Lee Sungmin and Kim Saeun Wedding Ceremony

 

Is it coincidence that Lee Sungmin chose 13 as the date for his wedding day?

I shrug the thought away with a laugh, thinking it will get me nothing except harm. I had enough, I had my healing time, I drunk it off many times, and today, I decide to do something that I never did after his decision, giving Lee Sungmin my greatest bright smile.

 

I knock the open door twice to state my arrival.

“Hey, husband-to-be.” I greet.

 

Sungmin is sitting there inside the groom’s room, alone. He turns around and stands up from the sofa. “Kyuhyun-ah…”

 

“Are you ready, handsome groom?” With a lot of effort, I finally can form a smile for him.

 

His tiny figure is rushing towards my standing spot. As he is getting nearer, I can see his face becoming clearer, and it looks troubled, but still, beautiful as ever.

 

Sungmin-Hyung is wearing white tuxedo. It fits him well, very well that his body, especially his , is curving perfectly inside the suit.

 

“I’m sorry…” It’s his first words to me when he lands his feet to stand straight before me.

 

And my smile fades in an instant.

 

Sorry for what?

For decided everything by yourself?

For getting married?

For asked me to sing in your wedding?

You need to be specific, Lee Sungmin. Because you have many reasons to say sorry to me.

 

“I heard you were sick, but I still insisted you to come to my bachelor party last night.” He elaborates further. “I’m sorry for being ignorant, and for judging you. I feel bad.”

 

Oh, for last night, your bachelor party…

I released a small laugh before I reply him. “No, you don’t have to. Your judgment is right after all.”

 

Sungmin’s eyes are dilating in response.

 

“You are right. I didn’t want to be there with you and the members during your last night as a single-man.” I reveal, without any hesitation.

“It’s too cruel for me, Sungmin-ah…”

 

I can tell Sungmin is shocked, and shivering. His lips are parting slowly, as if wanting to say something, but it turns out nothing. He is silent, and I continue to confess. Sungmin needs to know too.

“What do you expect me to do in your bachelor party with all the members and managers? Toast a drink for you? Declaring ‘hey, let’s be happy for Sungmin and his upcoming new life with Saeun’? And laugh afterwards?” I let my sharp tongue take control.

“I know, and you know, it’s not going to be happened.”

 

“Kyu…” He whispers softly.

 

“You can have my smile to congratulate you, you can have my voice to sing you a song for your wedding, but you will never, ever, have my blessing.”

There, I say it to your face.

I narrow my eyes, sending a clear message for him. “You are not happy, Lee Sungmin.” I lift my right hand to reach out for his face. “Admit it.”

 

He steps back, jerking away to avoid my effort in grasping him. And I know I’m stepping out the boundaries again. Sungmin decides to build a wall between us, all by himself, without asking for my opinion. And he always reminds me about his sole decision many times. Avoiding me, ignoring me, pretending I’m not exist, well, he is the best when it comes to that kind of acts.

 

I pause and leave my hand hanging in the air. No matter how I press it down, I cannot help to chuckle over my pitiful situation.

 

My ears are catching footsteps-sounds coming to our direction, and I put down my hand.

“Well, you look perfect, as always.” I state.

“I’ll see you at the wedding hall, Hyung.” I added a small smile.

 

Turning my heels, I leave him alone at the doorframe and walk down towards the hall.

 

Even in my last chance, I can’t have the power to stop him. That is probably the last time I will see him as a single man, because in few hours, Lee Sungmin will be wedded to Kim Saeun. He will become a married man.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah…” His voice calls me, and my feet listened.

 

I stop, not bother to turn around and look at him in the eyes.

 

“It’s been hard for me with all the things happening around…” Says Sungmin. “Saeun…makes me happy.”

 

Great.

I reply mentally.

 

A tragic ending for Cho Kyuhyun.

I chuckle on that.

 

*****

 

“Lee Sungmin is the best roommate I could ever ask for…” I begin my intro before I sing for the newly wed couple.

“Even though he likes to wake me up with his loud snores; he decorates our room with cute pink stuffs that hurting my eyes; he hits me, accidentally, with nun-chucks several times…” I heard mix laughs coming from the guests.

“But he always compromises me…. When other members gave me headache and trouble, Sungmin-Hyung was there to support me. When I was being spoiled and childish playing starcraft until morning, Sungmin-Hyung was preparing blanket and warm chocolates for me. When I was sick, his worries always lifted my mood and encouraged me to be healthy again.” All the guest’s eyes, the members', the managers', our parents', are falling upon me, including the happy couple.

“Leeteuk-Hyung already said enough for us, the members, and I just want to add… Kim Saeun-ssi, you are having the best gentleman in this whole world, and I…we, believe, Sungmin also have the same thought when he proposed to you.” The bride is smiling beautifully to me, while the groom is giving me a simple smile.

I know, Sungmin is holding himself not to smile widely or brightly to me. And I wonder why. It only makes our history obvious to other people’s eyes.

After few rounds of claps, I continue. “Sungmin-Hyung always says he adores my ballad’s voice and I found out about Saeun-ssi loving the twilight saga, so, I choose this song for tonight, wishing the couple’s love can be as strong as the meaning of the song.”

 

That’s right. This song is for you, Lee Sungmin.

Before I hit the first note, I make sure that my eyes are on him. I give him a smile when his eyes are on me too.

 

If you ever leave me, baby,

Leave some morphine at my door

'Cause it would take a whole lot of medication

To realize what we used to have,

We don't have it anymore.

 

From me.

 

There's no religion that could save me

No matter how long my knees are on the floor (Ooh)

So keep in mind all the sacrifices I'm makin'

To keep you by my side

To keep you from walkin' out the door.

 

To you.

 

'Cause there'll be no sunlight

If I lose you, baby

There'll be no clear skies

If I lose you, baby

Just like the clouds

My eyes will do the same, if you walk away

Everyday it'll rain, rain, ra-a-a-ain

 

I know, the members are talking about me singing this song right now. Ryeowook's judging eyes, Heechul's moving lips, Leeteuk and Kangin's body language, Shindong's gestures, everything are telling me so. But I don’t care much, and just continue. This time, I shift my gaze towards Sungmin’s parents; Lee Appa and Umma.

 

I'll never be your mother's favorite

Your daddy can't even look me in the eye

Ooh, if I was in their shoes, I'd be doing the same thing

Sayin' "There goes my little girl

Walkin' with that troublesome guy"

 

I bow a little at them and smile. I turn to Sungmin again, brushing off the thought of Lee Chunhwa’s ambiguity smile in replying mine. He is probably wondering now.

 

But they're just afraid of something they can't understand

Ooh, but little darlin' watch me change their minds

Yeah for you I'll try, I'll try, I'll try, I'll try

I'll pick up these broken pieces 'til I'm bleeding

If that'll make you mine

 

'Cause there'll be no sunlight

If I lose you, baby

There'll be no clear skies

If I lose you, baby

Just like the clouds

My eyes will do the same, if you walk away

Everyday it'll rain, rain, ra-a-a-ain

 

I put half octave higher for the next line, making a solid vibrato with consistency.

 

Oh, don't you say (don't you say) goodbye (goodbye),

Don't you say (don't you say) goodbye (goodbye)

I'll pick up these broken pieces 'til I'm bleeding

If that'll make it right

 

'Cause there'll be no sunlight

If I lose you, baby

There'll be no clear skies

If I lose you, baby

And just like the clouds

My eyes will do the same, if you walk away

Everyday it'll rain, rain, ra-a-a-ain

 

There.

I put my eyes on you, I give my best quality voice for you, and I send my deepest emotion towards you.

All for you, Lee Sungmin.

 

*****

 

“I’m sorry, Jagiya…” He says it to his phone, while producing a very cute voice, the minimi voice.

 

Jagiya? Yeah, right.

I chuckle, clearly mocking him for being disgusting.

 

His cute laugh is heard afterwards.

 

Once upon a time, only me who can make him laugh like that, also Shingdong to be exact.

 

“Yes, I will be back next week.” He says it again, pressing his phone to his ear.

 

I open my legs apart until it reaches the bathtub’s sides and pull the small waist inside my arms. His skin is in contact with mine, his back is on my chest, all bare inside the warm water.

 

His head is turning over his shoulder to look at me in the eyes, and he puts a finger on my lips, signaling me to be quiet.

 

“Yeah, sure. You too have a nice dream about me.” He speaks again to his phone.

“Sleep well, Mrs. Lee.” He marks his goodbye and switches the phone off afterwards.

 

Longing for the sweet taste of his skin, I kiss his nape right away, puckering my lips on his skin longer than ever.

 

“Have you called the managers and members?” He suddenly asks.

 

I hum on his skin to answer.

 

A crispy giggle comes out from his throat.

 

“You’re mean Mr. Lee…” I mumble, giving him tickles on his nape. “Lying to Mrs. Lee to elope with your dongsaeng in Taiwan right after your wedding, saying it’s a work schedule. What a sin…”

 

I hear his laugh once again, his goofy kind of laugh that only appears whenever he feels comfort, at ease. “Well, I actually told the managers and members yesterday, in my bachelor party. But it was just a crazy, random idea back then.” He releases a soft sigh.

“And your song pulled my trigger to execute it.” He smiles.

 

One of my hands is crawling on his body to reach for his jaw. I lean back slightly and turn his face sideway, making him to look at me over his shoulder.

I want to see him, his smile.

“She has you legally based on the paper, but feelings and emotion cannot be measured by one marriage certificate, rite, Mr. Lee?” I tease, while leaning closer to have his lips on mine.

 

He holds my face, stopping my eager lips from kissing him to tell me something. “I never say goodbye to you, Kyuhyun-ah…” His lips are widening to the sides as I finally land a kiss there.

 

Don’t you dare to say goodbye, Sungmin-ah…

Don’t you dare…

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

a/n: Cheer up! ^^