Final

No Limits

It was just one, Saturday morning, nothing out of the usual routine only that Baekhyun and Luhan were staying at a café near their dorms, waiting for the oh-so-punctual-but-not-anymore tall blonde friend of theirs. Their patience was nearing its peak and it had been over an hour past their agreed meet-up schedule.

“Ugh, that idiot. Really.” Luhan dialed his boyfriend’s phone number for the nth time that hour but none of it was ever answered. The call was finally answered. Thank god.

“Hi, baby.”

“Don’t baby me, Oh Sehun. Where are you?” He heard a distant chuckle over the phone and he was sure it wasn’t Sehun.

“My cousin’s flight was delayed. I’m sorry. We’re almost there.”

“Fine. We’re  not done yet. Hurry up!”

“Babe—.”

Luhan ended the call immediately with a sigh. He wasn’t in the mood to listen to his boyfriend’s lame excuses.

Baekhyun, understanding the situation, snorted and grabbed his tall plastic cup of milk tea. “Calm down, Lu.”

“He’s going to get it later.”

After five minutes, the blonde came in with another guy trailing behind him. He immediately headed towards his friends’ table and sat next to his upset boyfriend. “Here’s Kai. I know I told you about him yesterday.” He pointed at the tall, handsome boy with slightly tanned, but beautiful, skin. “But I forgot to tell you, he’s not really from Japan. He just transferred there after high school and he’s here for vacation.”

The two other boys looked up and immediately smiled at the sight before them. Baekhyun scooted to the side to make space for their friend’s cousin. “Sit. My name’s Baekhyun.” He said as soon as the boy sat down next to him and offered his hand.

“Nice to meet you, Baekhyun.” Kai took his hand for a handshake.

“I’m Luhan.” The Chinese boy offered his hand as well and with all pleasure, Kai accepted it.

“Nice to meet you too, Luhan. Sehun had been talking about you since middle school every time he comes to visit over at my place.” Kai received a hiss from his cousin but he was the one who could just ignore it. “He’ll talk about you even when nobody’s listening.”

Luhan’s eyes sparkled as he turned to his blonde boyfriend. “Aw, Sehunnie, that’s so sweet.”

The blonde took the opportunity to make things right. “So, you’re not upset that I’m late?”

“No. It’s not your fault that your handsome cousin’s flight was delayed.” His eyes turned to the tanned boy across the table. “Right, Kai?”

The said tanned boy just chuckled in return, noticing the sudden drop in his cousin’s expression.

“Your name sounds weird.” Luhan added and Baekhyun nodded in agreement.

“Ah, my mom loved to watch anime before so she named me after her favorite anime character.” Kai explained.

“But that’s cool. It actually fits your cool and handsome image.”

Sehun snorted. “He’s single since birth.”

“What?” The two other boys chorused. “Really? I can’t actually believe it.” Baekhyun added.

Kai meekly smiled. “I always get that reaction.”

“Because it’s unbelievable. I would actually go for you than this stubborn blonde over here if I met you around the same time I met him.” Luhan admitted and Sehun was cursing and whining in the background.

Baekhyun nodded. “If you were just a week early, I would have ditched a date with my current boyfriend.”

The blonde sighed frustratingly after hearing his friend’s comments. “He’s got no balls to ask that someone he liked…or likes… since high school!”

“I told you I was about to confess to him!” Kai defended. “I always lose him every time I tried to approach him.”

“Is your school that big for you to lose him?” Baekhyun inquired.

“We’re not on the same school and I always see him during vacations. Then he just stopped visiting his relatives and I heard from the elders that his family moved to Japan and I was really excited when my parents told me I was going to Tokyo for my college but… I had no idea where in Japan he was staying.”

“You should have confessed sooner.”

“I know.”

“He doesn’t even know the boy’s name.” Sehun added.

“Oh, poor you.” Luhan showed sympathy towards the tanned boy’s misery.

There was a long pause before Kai spoke up again just to break the silence. “So, do you have any plans for today?”

“Oh!” Luhan snapped his fingers. “We promised our friend to pay him a visit. What time is it, Baek?”

Baekhyun glanced at his watch. “10:28.”

“We could buy something and just have our lunch with Kyungie.”

 

--

 

“SC Institute?” The tanned boy asked when he realized they were heading towards a long road with the popular building for mentally disturbed patients at the very end. “You have a crazy friend?”

“Hey!” Baekhyun who was sitting with him at the passenger’s seat, slapped his arm dramatically. “That’s so offensive! He’s a nice guy and we love him. You’ll love him too. Just wait until you see him.”

Ignoring the numbing pain in arm, he added another question. “Doesn’t he go crazy and attack you all of a sudden?”

“No. I told you, he’s a nice guy. Just go with the flow. Just agree with whatever he says even if you find it weird.”

Luhan looked back at the curious boy with a smile. “He’s adorable.”

When they finally entered the building, Kai was impressed that it was comfortable than what he imagined – a very messy place with crazy patients screaming and running everywhere in their hospital gowns. The place was neat and quiet, almost like a girls’ dormitory, or that’s what Kai thought.

They were led to a certain room in the second floor and on the way there, he noticed some rooms with the door wide open while they have visitors and it gave him the impression that the place was really safe.

The doctor, he remembered to have been introduced as Dr. Shim, opened the door for them and let them in. He watched the doctor leave them as soon as Luhan entered the small room.

“Kyungie!” Luhan walked towards the busy patient on the bed who was making paper cranes.

“Hi, guys!”

Kai had finally stepped in the doorway after Sehun and Baekhyun found their seats at the side and the voice he just heard surprisingly gathered all his attention. He was sure it came from the dark haired boy who was sitting on the bed, surrounded by colorful paper cranes.

“Kai, come in and sit down.” Sehun said, tapping the empty seat next to him, making the patient look up at the mention of an unfamiliar name.

But the tanned boy couldn’t find himself moving an inch the second the dark haired boy who was wearing a hospital gown over his sweatpants looked up and turned to him. He remembered those big doe eyes, the cute button nose and the soft, plump lips that he was a hundred sure makes a heart-shaped smile.

“Kyungsoo…” Baekhyun trailed off. “…we brought a friend. He’s…”

“Jongin.”

All eyes rested on the doe eyed boy who was now smiling so brightly, eyes focused on the frozen tanned boy at the doorway.

“You came.” Kyungsoo, the doe eyed boy, pushed all his paper cranes off his bed and got up, running immediately towards the tanned boy. “I knew you’d come and take me home.”

Kai was confused. He just saw his unnamed admired boy once again after two years and he couldn’t be happier than that. But the boy was now hugging him, sobbing on his chest and he can’t believe he would find that certain boy in a place he would never imagine. And he was just called Jongin.

Curious eyes shifted to the tanned boy.

“Kyungie, that’s Kai. He’s Sehun’s…” Luhan looked at his boyfriend who just shrugged back at him.

Kyungsoo pulled away and looked at Kai with his teary eyes before looking back at his friends. “You mean, Jongin changed his name to escape the cops? Should I change my name too?”

“Uhm…” Sehun looked at his cousin with apologetic eyes. “…Kyungsoo, Kai is my cousin. He’s not… Jongin?”

“What are you saying? He’s Jongin! He’s my Jongin!” Kyungsoo raised his voice a little making his friends flinch back as he held tightly on Kai’s shirt. His friends knew that once he raised his voice in an unpleasant manner, he was going to be a mess if it continues. “Jongin, tell them.” His voice was shaking and he was about to cry. “Tell them you’re not Kai. Tell them that you’re my Jongin.”

Kai looked down on the pair of eyes that he had seen with tears for the first time. It breaks his heart. He believed those eyes were too beautiful to have tears of pain.

“Jongin…”

It was his chance and he wasn’t letting it slip away. “I’m your Jongin, Kyungsoo.” He smiled and ran his fingers soothingly along the shorter boy’s hair.

The others looked at him disbelievingly. They knew they told the tanned boy to go with the flow but not to the point of owning a fictional character’s role.

They had their lunch in awkward silence, watching Kyungsoo and Kai happily sharing each other’s food like a real couple. Nobody else dared to speak, afraid that one of them would trigger the doe eyed boy’s madness.

After the visit, they were led back downstairs by the same doctor and as soon as they all got into the car, all eyes turned to a certain tanned boy who was grinning all by himself.

“What?” Kai innocently asked, the grin still plastered in his face.

“What what?” Sehun asked in disbelief. “You made it worse, Kai.”

“You told me to go with the flow.” He defended.

“But you just played the role of his fictional psycho boyfriend!”

Baekhyun added. “And when I told you that you’d love him, I didn’t mean right ahead!”

Luhan sighed and tapped his boyfriend’s shoulder. “He didn’t know about it, Sehun.”

“I don’t mind.” Kai admitted and squealed. “He’s the one I’ve been talking about! I thought he’s in Japan because the elders said so and—.”

“Wait!” Sehun was still in disbelief. “You mean the one you’ve been stalking in high school was Kyungsoo?”

“Yes! Yes! I never knew he have such a beautiful name.” Kai ended with a dreamy sigh. “This is a wish come true.”

“But…” Baekhyun blinked his eyes all over again, trying to comprehend all the information he received. “…you are Jongin to him, not Kai.”

“I don’t care. Jongin sounds better than Kai anyway.”

Baekhyun snorted. “He’s as crazy as Jongin in the story.”

Luhan and Sehun nodded in agreement. “At least he’s not killing any of us nor beating me to death like what Kyungsoo wrote.” Sehun added.

 

--

 

“Tell me more about him, Sehun! I can’t believe he had been your classmate all along!”

The blonde handed him a notebook, the one that Baekhyun found in Kyungsoo’s room. “Read that first. If you’re desperate to play along as Jongin, you better act through that.”

“What’s this?” Kai flipped the pages and scanned through the words. “A story?”

“Kyungsoo wrote that before he got into an accident. He was the only one who survived and his relatives abroad are the ones supporting his needs now. I think he have relatives in Japan and maybe that’s why you might have heard he moved to Japan or so.”

“I get your point.” Kai nodded. “I’m still happy we could spend time together.”

“Ugh, Kai.”

“Love knows no limits, Sehun. I have admired him for a long time and I have developed good stalking skills because of him.”

“Lame skills, dude. You didn’t even get his name.”

“I was almost there… only if he didn’t stop visiting town.”

“Speaking of stalking…” The blonde pointed at the notebook. “…Jongin’s a creepy stalker. You could actually be the real Jongin and come to think of it. He called you Jongin the moment he saw you.”

“I think I will find out why.” Kai assumed as he looked up from the notebook.

 

The rest of the night was hell for the blonde, having to share the same room with his cousin and hearing side comments about the story.

“Aw, Kyungsoo is so cute when he’s shy.”

“Oh, , we had here.”

“Sehun, you’re so lame in here. I can actually beat you up anytime.”

“This Taemin guy is really annoying.”

“Kyungsoo ran away with me!”

 

“Shut up, Kai! I’m trying to sleep here!”

 

--

 

Since that day, Kai never missed a day when it came to visiting Kyungsoo. He always wakes up early, drop by a shop and buys some flowers or gifts and foods and for the rest of the day, he would spend his time with Kyungsoo as the psycho boyfriend who was crazily in love with the doe eyed boy.

When the door was unlocked, the doctor went away and Kai was surprised when the door opened and revealed a beaming Kyungsoo.

“Jongin!”

“Hi, Kyungsoo.” He handed the shorter boy the flowers he bought. “Flowers to the most beautiful boy in the world.”

The shorter boy’s face flushed a tint of pink as he received the flowers. “Thank you, Jongin.”

“I brought ice cream!”

“Chocolate?”

“Yes!”

It was just one of their ordinary daily dates inside the small, white room. In their own world, their dates are normal, sharing foods and cuddling all day or play board games and laugh at their own jokes.

“Kyungsoo, how do I look like before?” The tanned boy asked as he raised a spoonful of ice cream near the shorter boy’s lips. He watched the other take the whole ice cream into his mouth and makes a face. “Brain freeze?”

The other nodded and smiled when he finally recovered. “You still look the same. Handsome.” Kyungsoo traced his finger along the taller boy’s jaw line. “This perfect jawline, lips, nose, eyes and your dark but totally y skin color… I remember all of these clearly when we made love the night you officially asked me to be your boyfriend.”

Kai couldn’t stop his lips to form a smile just to realize he still never had the chance to actually kiss Kyungsoo, his instant boyfriend, on the lips. They had been sharing innocent kisses together on the cheeks, forehead and nose but not on the lips. “How did you feel when we first kissed?”

“Butterflies.”

“Butterflies?”

Kyungsoo nodded. “I felt butterflies in my tummy. How about you?”

“Make me remember, Kyungsoo.”

The shorter boy’s hands found their way into the taller boy’s face and pulled the other closer until their lips met.

Their official and real first kiss, Kai thought. Butterflies.

 

--

 

His vacation was coming to an end in a week. Time flew so fast and he was just surprised that his mother reminded him of his flight back to Japan in a week. He didn’t want to go back and he didn’t want to leave Kyungsoo.

“Sehun, help me, please. Tell mom any reason to make me stay here like I’ve been kidnapped and needed a ransom for and hundred million dollars!”

“You’re crazy!”

“I know!” He whined, sliding off the couch into the floor. “I don’t want to leave!”

“Is it because of Kyungsoo?” The blonde asked though he already knew the reason why.

Kai nodded and started clinging into the blonde’s leg. “Sehun, I’m begging you. Please! You can let me stay in SC Institute and put me to a room next to Kyungsoo’s if necessary!”

“God, Kai!”

 

--

 

Sehun had an idea but he wasn’t sure if it would actually work for it needed the doctor’s and Kyungsoo’s relative’s consent. They had talked to Dr. Shim, who was actually fine with the idea of Kyungsoo being out of the country for a reason that Kyungsoo had been well except for the fact that he still believed in his fictional past.

But with Kai, everything was fine since the latter was willing to take risk.

They were in Kyungsoo’s room and Kai had been entertaining his boyfriend like the usual when the doe eyed boy suddenly looked back at the others.

“Who’s going to Japan?”

Everyone else froze at the boy’s question. The three other boys at the back felt guilty for talking about it but they didn’t expect that Kyungsoo would be able to hear them.

Kyungsoo looked at his friends and when he didn’t get a response, he turned to Kai who suddenly panicked and looked away. “Jongin?” His eyes started to tear up and his hands clutched onto the other’s shirt. “You promised me that you won’t leave me!” His voice cracked as he raised his voice, pushing the taller boy away. “You lied to me!”

The other three stood up immediately and backed away to the door, mouthing apologies to the tanned boy before going out.

It was Kai’s first time to see Kyungsoo getting violent, throwing pillows and blankets everywhere while crying. “Kyungsoo, calm down.” He tried to reach out to the shorter boy but the other kept moving away, hitting his hands. “Baby, please, calm down.” When he still failed, he made another unsure promise that he knew very well that would break the other’s heart once the plan fails. “You’re going with me. We’re going to Japan together, okay?”

Kyungsoo refrained from moving and looked at the other, sobbing hard.

“I wanted to surprise you.” Kai finally had him in reach, pulling him into a hug. He felt the shorter boy hug him back.

“You should have told me right away.”

“I’m sorry.”

Kyungsoo looked up and smiled. “You’re going to take me home soon?”

“Yes, baby. Home.”

 

--

 

It took Kai three days to persuade the relatives that were in charge of Kyungsoo as guardians and his own parents as well to let the doe eyed boy stay with him. He had undergone through a lot of pleading and sweet talking just to gain the elder’s trust that he could take care of Kyungsoo.

They only agreed when Dr. Shim informed them that SC Institute has doctors around Japan who could actually visit the patient from time to time for check-ups and to take note of observations regarding the patient’s behavior.

Another reason was that Kyungsoo had distant relatives in Japan who could look out for him just in case something happens.

“My god, Sehun! I really thank you for your brilliant idea!” Kai exclaimed after booking a flight online. “Now I can see why Luhan likes you.”

“Excuse me, pea brain, I’ve always been smart!”

“What? I didn’t catch that.”

“ you, Kai! Or should I say, Jongin!”

 

--

 

Kyungsoo was confused when Kai removed his hospital gown and made him wear a denim shirt and skinny jeans with sneakers. “Where are we going?”

Kai smiled back at him, planting a soft kiss into his lips. “Home.”

The sudden change in the doe eyed boy’s expression made his friends almost tear up in happiness. The hope they once lost for Kyungsoo was again brought to life in the form of a hopeless romantic Kai.

“Home.” Kyungsoo repeated as he looked back at his friends, all cheerful and bubbly like he used to two years ago. “I’m going home with Jongin!”

“You are, Kyungie.” Luhan said, holding tightly into his boyfriend’s hand. “I’m so happy for you.”

“You should come and visit us on holidays, Soo.” Baekhyun added.

Sehun just cleared his throat and darted his eyes towards the tanned boy. “If you mess up, you’re going to regret it. Just to let you know, I love Kyungsoo than you.”

Kai just snorted in response.

“Aw, guys! I’ll miss you!” Kyungsoo gave each one of them hugs before walking back to his boyfriend. “You can come and visit our home too if you want to go to Japan!”

“They will, baby. They’re always welcome in our home.” Kai said, his arm possessively wrapped around the shorter boy’s waist.

Baekhyun glared at the tanned boy with a threat. “Don’t dare to hurt him.”

“Trust me, I won’t. I love Kyungsoo.”

“You’re so cheesy.”

Kyungsoo giggled and tip toed to whisper something into the taller boy’s ear. “You won’t hurt me because I’m yours, right?”

Kai looked at him with a nod. “You’re mine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Hi, guys! It's me, not.... ugh, whatever. It became a tagline since I had that profile layout. LoL!
Anyway, here it is. It's fluff, way too different from the prequel. Teehee.
I hope I have satisfied your expectations about the happy ending though Kai joined Kyungsoo's fictional world as Jongin.
Isn't that sweet? ^^
Hihi.
Because love knows no limits.