Chapter one

Study Buddy

Chapter 1

Having been told the bad news just moments ago, Donghae was as a loss as to what to say. Hyukjae sat with his chair turned back towards his desk and his head resting on his folded arms as he snoozed away the remaining time of their math class on Donghae’s desk.

Donghae contemplated giving Hyukjae one big fat slap on the head to remind him that there was still forty five minutes of class left; he contemplated asking their teacher for a change of partners, hell, he even considered taking on the entire assignment alone and pretending that the lazy fart in front of him actually bothered himself to attempt even opening a book.

But all his thoughts of such ideas were wiped away when their teacher came walking past his table and dropped a thick workbook onto Donghae’s desk, startling the dozing boy up with a start.

“Good luck with this one, Donghae-ssi.” Their teacher said to them with an ever so slight leer on his face making Donghae feel like he’d done something to be punished for and Lee Hyukjae was his punishment.

“You’ll certainly need it considering this one,” Donghae watched as the teacher pointed accusingly at the dazed looking boy, nothing but contempt in his own heart. “It’ll be a miracle if you two even pass this term. This assignment counts fifty present of your collective term mark, do you know that Mr Lee?”

Donghae mimicked his teacher in directing his gaze to the bored looking fellow sitting opposite him, he too wanted to know what Hyukjae intended to do to change their predicted fate.

Hyukjae simply shrugged the attention received from the two away and made to lie back on his arms again when Donghae snapped and landed a heated palm on his cheek, shocking not only Hyukjae at the action, but his teacher and himself too.

“YAH! What the hell was that for??!” Hyukjae barked at Donghae and Donghae fumed at his sheer lac of adherence; he was having none of this behaviour from his partner and he’d make sure that Hyukjae was well aware of that.

“You listen here Lee Hyukjae! If I see you sleeping in another class from this moment on, I will personally see to it that your cheek stays permanently RED! Now you and I are going to start dour assignment today, understood?!” Donghae was about to go into a speech about devotion when he was interrupted by a chorus of laughter coming from the rest of the boys in their class.

He had been previously unaware that his impulsive violation of Hyukjae’s cheek had caused everyone’s attention to be diverted to them. Donghae didn’t care anyway. He just wanted to get his message across to the lazy sack across the table.

He gave Hyukjae a firm look as the latter glared daggers his way and clutched onto his cheek, and as the laughter settled down around them, Donghae’s determination grew.

He would make it so that nobody thought their partnership to be a joke! He would be the person to finally make Lee Hyukjae into a high scoring student in their class, and then they would all see who was laughing then.

“Have fun studying Mr and Mr Lee,” their teacher said as he began walking away from them and towards his desk in the front. And just as an added thought he had to add one last comment to rub Donghae up the wrong way.

“I’ll look forward to marking your assignment. I’m sure it’ll only take me five minutes to grade.”

That was it! Donghae was more determined than ever at that moment to show then all.

As he listened to the new bout of laughter emitted by his classmates Donghae made a vow to himself.

He would make their form teacher eat his words! Even if it took all his will power to wipe that bored and slightly confused expression off of Lee Hyukjae’s and finally get him to open a book, Donghae would muster it all up and out onto the surface.

He and Hyukjae would get top marks for this assignment if it killed them!

That was a promise Donghae was most definitely planning on keeping.

------------------------****________________****-------------------------****_________________

Eeeh… First chapt done and dusted.

I hope it was a good intro into the story, I really wasn’t feeling up to writing because I’ve been so busy and tired these past two weeks and I just want to rest.

School kills!! And I’m hoping that this fic will make us all feel better about our busy lives and schedules. Maybe even a bit more determined?? Hopefully...

Thank you to all 16 of you for subbing and I’m happy to see upvotes so soon in the fic, it means a lot to me and I hope to see plenty more later on.

I will do my best to update on Friday but please don’t expect very long chapts for now. I have a ton to do and little time to do it all in.

Let me know what you think in the comments please. I look forward to hearing what you have to say after this first chapt.

Thank you all for reading.

’til next time :)