King's High

I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan POV

 

Coming from a poor family, being able to attend King's High is like a dream come true to the whole Korean citizen but not me! Oopps, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Luhan, an average looking 18 years old boy with a height of 177.5 cm. My name sounds weird? ………….Yes! You guess it correct! My dad’s a Chinese and my mom’s Korean.

 

Standing in front of this prestigious high school, anyone would be squealing to death.  Seriously? Who would come up with a name like King High for a school?  I pick up my bag which weighted like a tonne… all thanks to my mum for packing every necessity that is able to keep me alive for 3 years. (Is she trying to send me to high school or survival training?)

 

Holding on to this 1-tonne-bag while dragging my luggage with a broken wheel, I head off to the Principal’s Office.

 

On my way to the Principal’s Office, I finally understand why they name the school as King’s High. The decoration of the school building looks like the old, classic, Victorian-styled mansion… The sculptures… were made by famous artists… and the school building, with those splendid decoration, and the floor… is of high quality marble with gold craving… and there is big 60 inch Ultra HD TV hanging on the wall every ten feet.  

 

What a waste of money. With the decoration money alone, I could have raised some children from the poor families. I continued my endless journey towards the Principal's Office...... Who the heck actually prepared this kind of floor map? The map shows that the office is somewhere nearby the main hall, but I have been walking for my entire lifetime already (just over 20 minutes… slightly).

 

 

A few more minutes of walking and finally… here I am, standing in front of the office. Giving the classic wooden door a few knocks, "Come in." The sound came from the other side of the door and the door itself opened (an automatic door). Then, I entered the office.

 

 

There is a man in his early fifties, dressed up in an expensive Armani suit, sitting on the big comfy chair in front of the gigantic office table. I walked forward and give him a bow as a sign of respect. Looking at me from head to toe for a good 10 minutes (in fact, just only half a minute), he finally speaks.

 

“So, you are the new student with scholarship?”

 

“Yes, I am. My name is Luhan.”

 

“You will be in the Special class. Here’s your schedule. My assistant will lead you to the dormitory. A small advice to you, never go against the rules here and keep yourself out of trouble all times. Welcome to King’s High and have a good time studying here.”

 

“Thanks, and I will keep that in mind. Oh yeah, and one more question, I can return home twice a month right? Regarding the scholarship, does that include accommodation and meal?”

 

“Firstly, you can return home twice a month when there are no classes, club activities or examination. Secondly, your scholarship includes accommodation, 4 meals a day, club and activities fees and stationeries but if you wanted some extra cash, we can provide you a part time job after class inside the school compound.”

 

“A part time job, inside the school compound? Are there any cafes or shops inside the school?”

 

“You might want to conduct a research before you enter a school next time. There are cafes, shopping mall, cinemas, fun fairs and a lot more inside the school compound. This school is build to serve the heirs of important companies and dignities. Those are the basic requirements to entertain them.”

 

My eyes widened and my face looked pale with a mouth, opened so big that a kitten could enter without problems. I know this school is meant to serve those rich brats but a school that is basically a town is beyond imaginable.

 

Regaining myself and giving the principal a light bow, I walked out of the office. There is a man in suit, standing right in front of the office.

 

He must be the Principal’s assistant

 

Giving me a nod as a gesture to follow him, I dragged my “limping” luggage while holding my 1-tonne-bag. After a few minutes of walking, we had exited the main hall. There’s a cold aura surrounding him that stopped me from opening my mouth every time I tried to.

 

There’s a similarity between him and the principal. They give off this cold and chilling feel. They might have been siblings too.  

 

After a good ten minutes of walking while admiring the scenery of the school compound, finally we had reached a building that resembles a 6-star hotel. There are two, armed guards standing at each side of the automatic glass door.

 

Do they seriously need to place two guards at the front door?

 

“Can’t you hurry up? I am busy you know. I still have a lot of things to do.”

 

Ah, so he does know how to speak. I thought he is a mute.

 

“Sorry.”

 

“Here’s your key card to the dorm and use it to get meals from the cafeteria too. There’s a number crafted on the card which will be your dorm room number and your student number. There will be cleaners in the dorm that helps cleaning up your room, but do your own laundry if you want. Here’s a student guide book which contains all the information about the school including the rules. You can find the map of the school compound inside too. That’s basically everything. Any questions before I leave?”

 

Actually there are a lot of questions I wanted to ask but judging from his facial expression, that screams ‘ask me a single question and you’re dead!’ So I decided to keep quiet.

 

“Nope and thanks for showing me the way to the dorm.”

 

He walked straight to the front door without looking back

 

How rude. He should at least reply me with a “you’re welcome”

 

Ignoring the fact that he’s a cool guy without morality, I look around, trying to find the elevator. (There should be elevator placed around here since the building must have at least, 20 floors.)

 

Scanning around the hall, I realized that the dorm looks exactly like a grand 6-star hotel. There are a few modern couches that probably costed a lot placed on the left side of hall with a 100 inch Ultra HD TV hanging on the wall. There’s also a mini library and a café at the inner side of the hall. The left side consists of a few massage chair, a few vending machine. Walking towards the inner side of the hall, I finally found the elevators. (Elevators because there are 6 elevators and which dorm needs so many elevators) 

 

Giving the “up” button a press, I waited for one of the elevators to arrive. When the elevator door opened, I drag my limping luggage inside (out of all occasion, this stupid luggage’s heel decided to broke today) while holding my 1-tonne-bag (thanks for adding weight to my bag, mom) I pressed the 19th floor button and waited for it to arrive.

 

Tsk, the buttons of the elevator ar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter