The House

Broken Promises

 

Tiffany's heart beat faster and faster as she sat in the fan area of the hall. She tried to calm her breathing as her excitement is getting the better of her. Breathe....breathe

Around the end of the night, the last award was being announce, global award.

The winner is Lee Gi-kwang!

The fans around her started to scream their head off as he walked up on stage. He smiled at them before delivering a short speech. More applause as given to him as he stood on stage, holding the award as the photographers took his picture.

Suddenly, he turned her way, their eyes made contact, Tiffany smiled brightly at him but all she got from him was a bitter scoff. Her heart just sank to the pit of her stomach. Maybe he doesn’t remember me, she thought to herself as she wiped away a stray tear before getting up.

 

Kikwang's heart was in agony when he saw her face. Mixed emotion flooded his head. He’s happy that he saw her again, but also angry about why she turned up now. 6 years had passed and there was no sign of her. So why now?

As Kikwang marched down the stage, he didn’t bother to return to his seat. He just walked out the door while people called after him.

While he walked out of the east wing of the hall, Tiffany walked out from the west. She was looking at him while he looked down as he walked. Kikwang looked up just in time when they met each other halfway.

"Oppa"

 

"Oppa" Tiffany ran up to him behind the stage the time he finally won first place.

"Congratulation!" she yelled as she gave him a big hug and peck him on the cheek. Kikwang smiled as he hugged her back and leaned his head on hers.

"Thanks" he murmured into her hair.

"You were so amazing! Can you hear me scream from the back?" Tiffany asked him excitedly. Kikwang laughed before scuffing her head.

"I heard, it was the loudest scream"

"I'll always be there, in the back, screaming my head off when you win prizes. I'll be the first one you see" Tiffany said, patting his plastic trophy.

"One day, this plastic is going to be real gold" Kikwang said as he looked at his plastic golden cup with 1st embedded on it.

"And I'll be the first one to touch it" Tiffany said, looking up at him.

"Promise?" he asked as he looked at her. Tiffany nodded enthusiastically as she held out her hand and pinky promised with him.

 

 

Kikwang swallowed the lump in his throat as he remembered that particular memory.

 

"I knew you would come" he managed to say.

"I came to congratulate you" Tiffany said as she looked down at his gold trophy.

"Is it because you kept a pathetic promise to the amateur singer 6 years ago?" Kikwang’s eyes were getting glassy as tears filled it but he did a good job at keeping it in.

"Oppa...." Tiffany said, her voice shaky as her tears started to fall.

"I don't need your pity" he said, not looking at her but straight ahead. The Press were starting to come out of the hall from the west wing. They all paused as they saw the back of a girl and Kikwang.

"No...It’s not that...." she said, trying to get her words out but it's all stuck in .

Kikwang shook his head as he started to walk away, but Tiffany held onto his hand as he pass, stopping him. Kikwang remembered the feeling of her hand on his. It was nice and warm. Comforting.

It took him everything to shake it off.

 

Tiffany's heart squeezed when Kikwang rejected her. She wanted to have a good reunion with him before she goes back to America.

At that moment, Tiffany was having difficulty in breathing, she felt light headed and dizzy. The world was getting dimmer as grey started to cloud her vision. Tiffany felt her body sway as her knees buckled and her legs gave way from under her. Tiffany passed out before she could feel the impact of the floor.

 

As Kikwang was about to take a step away from her. He decided to look back one last time, only to see her sway on her feet. Kikwang reached for her as she starting to fall. Flashes started going off as soon as he cradled her. Thankfully, the rest of beast members came out. Yoseob looked at him wide eyed. Kikwang pleaded him with his eyes as he tried to shield Tiffany from the cameras.

Yoseob nodded in understanding but soon after, he would demand an explanation. Beast members started to form a barrier in front of the cameras, blocking the view as Yoseob brought out his car keys and lead Kikwang away.

While they ran, Yoseob was bombarding Kikwang with questions.

"What's this!?" he pointed at the unconscious Tiffany.

"A girl" Kikwang answered bluntly.

" YEAH, I KNOW, I’M NOT BLIND, BUT WHO?" Kikwang just sigh in frustration as he tried to keep Tiffany from shaking too much as they ran. As they got to Yoseob's BMW M6, Yoseob unlocked the door as he helped Kikwang put Tiffany in the back seat.

 

 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTH78kKSdj-GknZQA_OMbU

 

 

When they got safely into the car, Yoseob speed out of the parking lot and onto the freeway.

 

 

"Where to?" Yoseob asked, looking at Kikwang in the rear mirror to see Kikwang wrapping his arm around Tiffany's waist while his other arm supporting her head while she laid across his sitting position.

"The house" Kikwang said bluntly as he looked out the window when he unknowingly patted her head.

Yoseob nodded once before stepping on the accelerator, heading towards the holiday house beast members brought together for holiday proposes.

While they drive, Yoseob was debating with himself weather to ask about the girl in Kikwang’s arms or not but as if he could read Yoseob's mind, Kikwang said.

"Just spit it out"

"Well..." Yoseob stutter but spat everything out before he chickened out.

"Is she the girl that left you?"

There was silence in the backseat for a long 10 seconds before Kikwang sigh.

“Yeah, she is"

 

 

CHAPTER 2! THERE'S GOING TO BE MORE TIFFANY'S POINT OF VIEW LATER ON IN THE STORY. I JUST WANT YOU GUYS TO KNOW HOW MUCH TIFANY WAS HURTING KIKWANG SO HIS ACTION LATER ON WON'T BE MISUNDERSTOOD. 

COMMENT ON WHAT YOU THINK AND LET ME KNOW OF THE COLOUR CODING FOR THE CHARATERS IS CONFUSING. I JUST WANT YOU GUYS TO HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF WHO'S PRESPECTIVE BECAUSE AS YOU CAN SEE, THEY SWITCH ALL THE TIME.