But You Never Came Back

But You Never Came Back

That was a bright afternoon and Han River Park was so crowd with some people who did jogging, some teenager did chit and chat to each other, and some families walked together enjoying the Han River.

While me, sat alone on one of a bench in this park with a big paper bag. Enjoyed the scenery alone, sipped a cup of coffee that almost finished.

I took a look on my watch, it was already 05.00 PM. I sat here alone for two hours long.

I came here for a reason. Of course, I wasn’t a fool girl who spent my time here alone. I had some activities at home.

Two years ago, at the same date and month, exactly today, a boy that had same age with me, who spent her childhood and school time with me, had promised me. On our high school graduation, I was shock that he told me that he wanted to continue his school to Japan.

He wanted to leave me. That was what I thought.

Whereas I fell in love with him since I knew what love.

I knew you falling in love with me since you didn’t want to talk with me after you heard SooJi confessed me. But I was say no because one reason. You.”

That words were made me want to die and go to heaven because I really had no idea what was your feeling toward me.

We both grew up together and sharing anything between us. No secrets. No regrets. Just us.

I was about to crazy but when you kissed me, I felt alive again. Like you pulled me from heaven and you took me in you embrace, make me feel safe.

I really love you. But still, you still wanted to go to Japan.

I knew it was your dream. I knew you wanted to be a successful man. I knew you wanted to make your parents happy.

“I will come back two years later. I will propose as fast as I can after I get a job. I promise you this.”

And then, you gave me this necklace. You said it was our bond because you collected your money since Junior High School to buy this necklace.

I looked at the necklace on my hand. It was pure gold with diamond pendulum. So pretty and looked expensive. But this wasn’t meaning anymore.

“I’ll be back, I love you, Kim to be Naeun.”

That was the last word you said to me. Very last and I wouldn’t ever hear your voice forever.

The news about plane accident that brought you to Japan made me suffer, empty and die.

Your families were sad. Your older sister was sick and should be rest on hospital for some weeks. Your friends were distraught. While me died in my mind, heart and soul.

You were said to me that you didn’t like see me cried no matter what happen.

I did my promise. I never cried. I never get off my tears for just one fell.

But I wasn’t the same Naeun that you knew. I was a cold person, depressed girl with no soul. And I should went forward, continue my life without your shadow.

Now, I took a paper bag that contained your memory. Photos, letter, small gifts and this necklace. I put them in the garbage can beside this bench and pour some kerosene.

I flamed fire and threw into the garbage can.

I didn’t care I would get warning from the police or what. I just want to delete you that pulled me from heaven and put me in the hell in few hours.

Good bye, Kim Jongin… I love you too.

But you never came back.