1/1

My late night moments with you (are worth every lost minute of sleep)

”I was thinking, maybe we should ask Joonmyun hyung to come with us to Sanya on Chuseok holiday?”

”What? Seriously?” Sehun raises an eyebrow in genuine surprise and looks up from his phone at Tao for the first time in fifteen minutes. Tao is sitting on the bed, laptop placed on top of his thighs. He has stopped typing whatever it was that he was typing before and is now staring at Sehun with gentle puppy dog eyes.

”Yeah. He's clearly stressed out over everything that's happened this year... and everything that may still happen this year. Spending some time in the sun, having fun, eating good food – it would do him good. And it's a couple more weeks until we leave, I could still easily book extra rooms for him.”

Tao looks so compassionate and genuine and Sehun would rather jump down from Hannam Bridge than admit he absolutely loves seeing Tao like this.

”You think watching us get our homo on at a beach resort is Joonmyun hyung's idea of a good time? He may baby you like you were his son but he's a Christian man, for 's sake,” Sehun retorts, swinging his arm in the air for added emphasis.

”You're a Christian man and you were my less than half an hour ago,” Tao snaps, the compassionate expression now replaced with a smug grin.

”I'm sure Jesus is cool about us. We're both really hot, after all.” Sehun shrugs, eyes returning to scan the screen of his phone.

”You're finally admitting I'm hot?” Tao asks, the tone of his voice dripping with tease. Paying too many compliments to his boyfriend has now come to bite Sehun in the . Literally, too, every now and then – Tao gets a little excited and experimental sometimes.

”You've become hotter since we got together, so I guess you're hot by proxy or something.” Sehun knows Tao believes that even less than he himself does but he'd be damned to admit that Tao indeed is the one out of the two of them with more appeal. Everyone can see that he has the best body in the group and he moves it around like a cross between an athlete and a runway model, but that doesn't mean Sehun has to say anything about it out loud.

”Right. Anyway, Joonmyun hyung is cool about us, too, so just let's ask him to come along. I promise that you won't have to share me with him all the time. Some of my cousins are coming, too, so they can keep hyung company while we sneak into our room for some private time, okay?”

Sehun huffs and continues to swipe his finger across the screen. ”Fine. Do whatever you want. But if at any point I start to feel neglected, I'll do suggestive poses with Joonmyun hyung and post photos of us on my Instagram.” From the corner of his eye, Sehun can see how Tao begins to approach him at those words.

”Fine. I can be your photographer,” Tao says, taking a few final steps until he's leaning over Sehun and the armchair Sehun is seated on. Sehun looks up at Tao to see pure excitement in his eyes. He rolls his eyes and turns back to his phone.

”I swear, you've got to be having some sort of a fantasy about us and Joonmyun hyung.”

”I do not,” Tao murmurs, his voice low and dangerous. “He's like a brother, sometimes like a mother, to me. If you must know, it's you I have a fantasy or two about.”

Sehun stands up and pockets his phone. ”Yeah, yeah, whatever you say. I'm thirsty, let's go get boba or juice,” he half asks and half commands, turning towards the bedroom door. Tao doesn't make a move to follow him.

”You really want me to walk to a convenience store with you at 3am? We should be sleeping by now!”

”And we would be sleeping by now if you hadn't practically begged to get head. We wouldn't have to walk, either, if your new car got here faster.”

It is that comment that softens Tao's eyes and makes him walk over and wrap his arm around Sehun, who's already halfway across the room.

”You want to be seen in a fancy car with a hot guy?” Tao coos and presses his lips to Sehun's cheek, smiling. “Hunhun, you're such a girl.”

”Yes, I do want that. But in the meantime I'll have to settle for you,” Sehun mutters, turning around to wrap his arms around Tao and placing his nose at the junction of Tao's neck and shoulder. Tao always smells so good to Sehun. He doesn't need to wear cologne or even use a scented body wash, it's just this scent that is so thrilling yet comforting, so unquestionably Tao.

Sehun breathes in and he can smell the Yellow Sea, the yard around Tao's parents' house, fresh seafood at the docks and Lu Cai at the Huangs' dining table. A home that isn't his but still feels so much like it is.

”Poor Oh Sehun, he has to settle for a tall, athletic and wealthy Chinese celebrity. How ever will he survive this?”

Tao teases but Sehun no longer minds.

”Stop running your mouth and kiss me,” Sehun whispers, angling his face toward Tao's, gently touching Tao's face and neck before connecting their lips. Tao kisses soft and savoring, as if he knew what Sehun was thinking. When they part, Tao has a big smile on his face.

”I'd like to do much more than just kiss you,” Tao confesses, comically wiggling his eyebrows. This earns him a playful slap on the chest. Sehun turns around and slips out of Tao's embrace.

”Boba first, much more than kisses later,” Sehun singsongs, walking out of the bedroom, towards the door of the dorm. “And I don't have my wallet, so I expect you to treat me, Mr. I-Can-Afford-a-Maserati.”

Sehun's sneakers are already laced by the time Tao enters the foyer to slip his loafers on. Sehun has his hand ready on the door handle when Tao presses his chest to Sehun's back and slides his arms around Sehun to hold him for a brief moment before they step out. Sehun feels Tao place his lips on the back of Sehun's neck and smile before he speaks.

”You're lucky you're really cute, you know that, Hunhun?”

 


Thanks so much to those who subbed based on the foreword alone! ^^ I hope this didn't disappoint you.

I've been mourning over Xiuhan the past few days, I guess this fic is a result on me finding much needed solace in my other favorite ships.