Stress.

A Privilege to Love .
stress.
people are too quick to judge.

For a month, Yixing was becoming what he told everyone, 'himself.' It was strange because  his sudden change in personality gave him the title of 'Prince' throughout the school. He still had his moments though, and Kiyoung was never sure why on some days he'd be sweet as sugar then as sour as a lemon. Was he mentally unstable?

However, it didn't take Kiyoung long to figure out Yixing's reasoning for his up's and downs. It was finally christmas break and Kiyoung, thanks to her new job, was able to pay off her residency for December early. She had extra money to spend on christmas presents and a small christmas tree.

In the midst of wrapping up the gifts she got for all her friends, the thin walls seperating Kiyoung and Yixing's rooms let Kiyoung's ears evasdrop on the conversation he was holding on his phone.

"She has to have another surgery? Doctor, what do you mean you aren't going to give her the surgery unless I can pay for it first? I'm all she's got and she's all I got can't you work with me some how?"

Kiyoung sat on a pillow on the floor, staring at the wall between her and Yixing. She could hear the desperation in his voice.

"Doctor, please...She's told me she hasn't been doing well this past week. Please help us out. I'll pay it all when I can!"

And then, silence.  Kiyoung crawled towards the wall and put her ear up against it to see if he was saying anything else. She was startled when sudden crashes and slams were being heard on the other side.

Kiyoung stood up quickly and went to the kitchen, grabbing the cookie mix she had bought the other day, and began to bake them. She knew she couldn't help Yixing, but she'd figure offering an ear as a sign of friendship could be good enough.

The last month, Kiyoung and Yixing held a tight relationship. She'd help him with homework and he'd help her with running errands. He was different. He was open, he was kind, and he always checked up on her. 

She wasn't sure how she felt about this new Yixing, that he calls his true self, but she wasn't upset about it either. He didn't call her names and he held doors open for her.

After Kiyoung finished her cookies, she pushed them into a little baggie and tied it up with a green ribbon. She knocked on Yixing's door, swaying her body back and forth to keep her body warm from the cold air.

Yixing finally pulled the door open. He never ceased to make Kiyoung's heart flutter. He was wearing a blue cardigan, and damn, blue was his color, grey tight straight jeans and a white tank top. His hair was dishuffled and his eyes had a tint of red to them. 

He cleared his throat and rubbed his neck, "Hey, whats up?"

"Here." She handed over her cookie bag to him. "I hope they are okay.."

"Want to come in?" Yixing asked, stepping aside.

"I don't want to intrude."

"I'd like it if you did..." Was his response.

Kiyoung pursed her lips and nodded, walking past him. She slipped her shoes off and stood in the living room, keeping her hands lasped in front of her.

She watched Yixing walk to his kitchen and grab a bowl and dump the cookies into a bowl and head back into the living room. The once clean and organized apartment Yixing prided himself in, was now trashed. 

From what Kiyoung could see in the kitchen, plates were thrown on the floor, a sink was full of dirty dishes, and his living room was  no better. Clothes left and right, pillows thrown about, and dirty glasses resting on the table.

"Sorry it's a mess." He muttered as he set the bowl on the table and sat down on the couch with a deep sigh. He rubbed his mouth and stared at the blank TV.

"Everything, okay?" Kiyoung hesitated on asking.

"No. Nothing's okay.."

Kiyoung sat down next to Yixing and put a hand to his shoulder. "Want to talk about anything?"

He let out another sigh and glanced over at Kiyoung. "My grades are dropping. I'm running out of money and sleep. I don't know what to do." He muttered softly and suddenly put his head against Kiyoung's shoulder.

"I put on a cool act, was someone no one wanted me to be so I could focus on myself and the one important person in the world to me, my Grandmother."

"Whats going on?" Kiyoung asked glancing down at him.

"I can't focus. I can't think straight." He sat up suddenly and run both his hands through his hair. "I use to be able to have alone time at school to get things done,now I have no free time. The second I snap at someone for wanting to have free time, rumors spread there is something wrong with me mentally. I'm stressed."

"I'm sorry.." Kiyoung furrowed her eyebrows in concern.

"I've had to take up extra shifts at work because..." He paused and spaced off, looking at the blank TV once more, his voice got softer as he spoke, "Because my Grandmother is getting worse and the doctors won't give her the surgery unless they know I can pay for it... The messed up thing is, they know I can't pay for it... I'm behind in payments."

"Yixing.." 

"So I can't do homework and I can't pay for my Grandmother's bills." He sat up and grabbed a cookie from the bowl and tried to take a bite. He started laughing suddenly.

"What?! Are they terrible?!" She sat up quickly and grabbed a cookie herself.

Yixing tapped the cookie against the edge of the table. "They're hard as rocks, Kiyoung."

She puffed out her cheeks, "Sorry."

"It's okay. It... Somehow put me in a better mood."

"Yixing. What are you going to do the rest of the day?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Probably nothing, unless someone wants to hang with me."

"How about... You let me help you clean your apartment. Like a fresh start."

"You don't have to do that. Its a wreck in here." He said as he looked around.

Kiyoung chuckled and stood up. "I actually like cleaning. So is it okay?"

Yixing looked around some more then up at Kiyoung. "Mm.. I guess so. I could use the company."

Kiyoung gave him a big smile then headed for the kitchen.

Yixing quickly chased after her and grabbbed her by the wrist. "Let me clean this mess up. There's sharp pieces. I don't want you cutting yourself."

"You sure?" He nodded to her question. Kiyoung left him to the kitchen and went to the living room, picking up the pillows off the floor and grabbing the glasses and setting them on the counter tops.

The two worked diligently, sharing a few stories from their childhoods and actually enjoying each others presences. They knocked out the small messes and all that was left was the biggest mess of all; the dishes.

Kiyoung was scrubbing the dishes while Yixing dried them. They finished cleaning everything within two hours. Kiyoung dried her hands after they finished the dishes and smiled up at Yixing. "I suppose it's time for me to go. It's getting late."

"Okay." Yixing nodded in agreement as he walked her to the door. "What are you doing for christmas? Is your father going to let you go home for it?"

"I doubt it.. I haven't heard from him and it's in five days.." She chuckled then shrugged. "I have a few presents and am going to give them to my friends but other than that, no one has decided they want to hang out with me yet.. So nothing. I'll watch my favorite dramas, maybe!" She chuckled as she slipped on her shoes.

"A friend of mine from my old dance class actually contacted me the other day inviting me and Luhan to his party and said we could invite whoever we want, as long as its one person... So... wanna go with me? Its on christmas eve though, not christmas day."

Kiyoung pursed her lips then slowly nodded her head, "Okay. Why not? I'll keep in touch then."

Yixing opened the door for her and leaned against it. "Can I see you tomorrow?"

Her heart throbbed a bit but she nodded her head, "Y-yeah. That should be fine." She tucked her hair behind her ear. She waved to him and headed towards her door but was gently greeted by two warm fingers sliding against her palm, holding onto her hand to keep her from leaving.

"Yixing?" Kiyoung asked, looking down at her hand being held by Yixing's warm fingers. 

"Can.. Can I have a hug?"

Kiyoung looked around then nodded her head.

Yixing gently tugged on her fingers to pull her closer and into his chest. He was so warm. She wrapped her arms around his build, burrowing her nose nonchalantly into his shirt. His scent was so intoxicating.

Yixing on the other hand, had his arms tight around Kiyoung's waist, his body knelt down to rest his nose into the crook of her neck. Kiyoung gently rubbed his back as she heard him sob softly into her shoulder.

It was breaking her heart, to know the struggles he was going through, and there was not one damn thing she could do for him.

 

the writer's words
new update! hope you all like this chapter. how do you all feel about the new and real yixing? i hope it doesnt seem too unrealistic. i'm still not sure how i feel about it! hehe oh well ^^ i think this story is come a long time!
ALSO WHY DOES THIS STORY KEEP SAYING ITS COMPLETED?! Its  not!!!!!