Chase Me.

A Privilege to Love .
chase me.
lets go back to how things use to be.

The first day of Kiyoung's new job was awkward. Yixing was there. He was doing everything possible to keep away from her and not talk to her. It was a good thing she had a nice older lady train her as a host at the noodle shop. The noodle shop rest on the main road of Seoul and got quite a lot of business espically during holidays, and christmas was right around the corner.

So hiring Kiyoung towards the end of November was perfect timing seeing as tonight the noodle shop actually had a small waiting list. The noodle shop was hard work, though. Kiyoung couldn't just stand around. When it came to people getting up, it was her responsiblity to clean up after them then seat the next people on the wait list.

She was breaking a sweat and by the end of the night Kiyoung helped learned how to close the shop down, and regretablly got off work the same time Yixing did.

As if the atmosphere couldn't have gotten more hostile, it did when that Sunday night's bus was full to the door and Yixing and Kiyoung had to keep each other unwanted company shoulder to shoulder on the bus.

The only words she spoke to him that entire dreadful bus ride home was sorry because she accidently jabbed him in the stomach with her elbow. As if he couldn't stand her enough as it was, right?

She had finally escaped the tension in her apartment and was mentally kicking herself in the head. Her heart was still throbbing from the tension the two had and trying to convience her that she still really likes him while her brain was telling her heart, 'whats wrong with you? you know how he treats you!'

However, Kiyoung wasn't just heartbroken from the now cut ties between her and Yixing, it was also throbbing from how Yixing came to notice she may not like him as much as she thought. She knew exactly how she made Yixing feel because his words have hurt her plenty of times.

"In reality, I can't tell if I was accidentally trying to get back at him or if I really don't like him. But what I did makes me no better than him."

Tossled from her peternizing thoughts, Kiyoung headed out to her balcony. It was a cold night, sure, but her heated thoughts also made her very heated, frustarted, and confused.

She took in the fresh night air and leaned her arms on the railing, over looking the small view she got. It would be a lie if Kiyoung had told someone she doesn't care about others feelings. Unfortunately, regardless if her worst enemy was hurt, she'd run to their rescue just to make sure they were ok. Not because she wants to become their friend or make them owe her something but because she is genuinely nice.

Everything in her being was telling her to apologize to Yixing. Not because of how she feels but because how he found out and that she could've put it nicer to him. If Kiyoung learned one thing from her father it is, "Don't ever apologize for your feelings because that is how you feel and you cannot change how you feel. Apologize for the situation and don't let any one ever tell you to say sorry because you felt upset during that situation."

Kiyoung took in a deeper breath as she stood up straight. She wasn't going to bother him tonight but tomorrow, Kiyoung had a big decision to make, and she was hoping it was the right one.

As she turned to head back in, she was startled when a voice called out her name.

"Kiyoung."

She looked to her left to see Yixing standing there. His hands rest on the railing closest to her own railing. He had changed his clothes into a t-shirt and plaid pants. He looked visibly cold and his knuckles were turning red from gripping the railing so hard.

"Kiyoung... I'm sorry. For everything. I just wanted you to know."

"Yixing.." Kiyoung took a step closer to her railing closest to Yixing. He stood up when he noticed her getting closer and cleared his throat.

"I'm sorry... So please don't avoid me any more." With that he headed back inside regardless of Kiyoung calling out to him to speak to him.

The neighbour to her right came out, rubbing his eyes as he shouted to Kiyoung, "YA! He's obviously not interested go to sleep!"

Kiyoung stuck her tongue out at him and headed inside. If she wasn't already confused, she defiantly was now.

———— ❀ ————

It was now Monday morning and Kiyoung had hardly gotten any sleep. Her chest was throbbing and she kept tossing and turning in her sleep.
 
She left the house same time every day but didn't see Yixing ahead of her or behind. She got to school and questioned whether she had dreamt it all or if Yixing apologizing really happened.
 
"He said he was sorry about everything... but what did he mean? Everything leading up to this point?" She sighed as she pulled her school shoes on and closed her locker. Heading into the walk way to the school she was suddenly jerked back by her bag. The sudden yank made her stumble and almost fall, so it didn't help when the person who had a hold of her bag pushed her to the floor when she had no balance left.
 
Kiyoung had slammed her knee onto the hard wooden floor and hissed in pain. She turned around to see the three older girls who had threatened her last week.
 
"Stand up." The girl in the middle said threateningly.
 
Kiyoung did as told. The last thing she needed was to be on the floor surrounded by three girls who could easily kick and push her over.
 
The plumper girl grabbed Kiyoung by the collar and held her up effortlessly.
 
"See, you're still hanging around Kris. I saw you and him at his basketball practices all week last week. Instead of staying away, you actually grew closer to him. Are you trying to piss me off?"
 
Kiyoung didn't say anything and was pushed out of the plumper girls grip and right into the corner of the wall behind her. It sort of knocked the wind out.
 
"Ow..." Kiyoung stood up a bit and rubbed were her back hit the corner of the door. She wasn't feeling too good. "Bullying me won't get you closer to Kris. Why don't you stop being a coward and approach him instead of threatening every girl to be scared of him, and making you his only option. Even if you were his only option, knowing Kris he wouldn't even go for a girl as rotten to the core as you.."
 
It was like the devil had possessed the girl in the middle. She raised her hand to smack Kiyoung but was stopped by a firm grip on her wrist.
 
"Leave her alone." It was Yixing. He pushed the girls arm away and stood in front of Kiyoung.
 
The girl rubbed her wrist and glared at Yixing. "Get out of the way! This isn't about you."
 
"Yixing.. It's okay you don't have to protect me.." Kiyoung said as she stood up straight and looked at the back of his head.
 
Yixing ignored Kiyoung and stared at the three girls. "No man likes a woman who are rotten. Wait till Kris finds out about this. You'll be the last woman on his list to date."
 
The girl in the middle scuffed and motioned her friends to follow her.
 
When he was sure they were all gone he looked to Kiyoung. "You ok?"
 
"Yeah.." She nodded slowly, not meeting his gaze.
 
With that he walked off and headed to class.
 
Kris soon greeted Kiyoung and she quickly told him what happened but instead of Kris telling Kiyoung he was going to take care of it he simply told her they should stop seeing each other as often as they do. It was discouraging.
 
The two headed to class at separate times and when lunch break came Kiyoung sat at her desk and mopped.
 
Someone approached her desk from her left, but Kris leaving the classroom caught her attention on the right. She jumped up and chased after him, leaving Yixing standing there with his food in hand, about to ask her if they could talk.
 
"Kris!" Kiyoung shouted and grabbed at the sleeve of his jacket. "Kris can I come with you to basketball practice?"
 
He looked back at Kiyoung and shook his head, "Let's give each other some time, okay?"
 
The entire school day Kiyoung spent chasing down Kris asking if he wanted to talk, hang out, or even if he needed help with anything and each time she was shut down.
 
The entire school day Yixing watched as the one girl he was starting to miss was chasing down a guy who couldn't even take care of her, and in him, it triggered old memories and a sudden new emotion.
 
Now, in the shoe locker room at the end of the school day, Kiyoung was quickly pulling on her shoes and shoved all the hate letters onto the floor to make room for her school shoes. She stuttered as she tried to hurry and pull her shoes on to catch up with Kris, "K-Kris.. wait!"  As she headed to run out of the locker room and towards Kris who was walking next to another transfer student named Tao, a grip on her hand yanked her back into the locker room and all she could think of was, 'Not again.'
 
Instead of being greeted by three older girls, she was greeted by a very pissed of Yixing.
 
"What are you doing, Yixing? Let me go.." She said as she laughed awkwardly and loosened her hand from his.
 
"Stop it." Yixing said as he tightened his grip on her hand again.
 
"Stop what?" Kiyoung asked, looking up at him with a confused expression.
 
"Stop chasing after a guy who can't even protect you, who doesn't want to protect you. Stop it. I can't stand this any more."
 
"Yixing, what are you talking about? Yesterday and today you've been acting weird again so--"
 
"I like you, Kiyoung. Stop chasing a man who can't save you. Chase after me again, like you use to. I like you, Kiyoung, don't you get it?"
the writer's words
if it's not one thing its another. thing is i love to write about drama because the second theres a happy ending, what's left to talk about in paradise? <--- is this foreshadowing? maybe.