- 01

Recipe To A Love Story

          Thoughts cloud his mind as he climbs out of bed, wincing at the wounds and scars decorating his body, courtesy of countless faces from school. The sun is shining through the window, dancing along his walls and skimming the floors. Today seems like it would be a good day to start off the weekend. But it never is. Throwing on his clothes and walking out the door, he reaches the café he works at in minutes, waltzing in through the door and quickly flashing Jongdae a barely manageable smile. Making his way to the counter, he preps himself for the incoming flow of customers. He was never good with people, but what else could he do?

          The door rings as people trickle in, making their way to where he is to place their orders, some he recognizes as they tell him the same order as always. Some girls smile and giggle as they order, eyeing him, hoping for his attention as they flip their hair. Not caring one bit, he forces a “Good morning, what can I get for you?” with a smile plastered on his face for each customer, one after the other. After the morning rush of customers, Sehun begins to relax, slowly soaking in his environment, listening to Jongdae’s soft humming, the scent of coffee seeping in. His body aches, the wounds pulsing through his body, as he drops his smile and resets to his usual frown. With no customers, who needs to keep up the act?

          “Ahem.”

          Head snapping up painfully, his messy blonde hair flies up as he locks eyes with the stranger, standing with arms rested on the counter, and curly brown hair hugging his soft face. The figure seemed familiar, but he couldn’t recall where he had seen the deer eyes before. Quickly replacing his unamused expression with a smile, Sehun manages a “Good afternoon sir, how has your day been?”, the phrase recited like a speech. “Hm it’s been pretty good…” the stranger pauses, “…Sehun,” he adds, quickly raking the uniform for his name. “How about yourself?” he says, flashing the cashier a bright smile. “Couldn’t be better,” he mutters, the sarcasm not unnoticed by the customer. Ignoring his remark, the stranger skips to the order, quickly orders his frappe. “Coming right up sir, and your name?” Sehun recites. “824-970-3256,” the stranger says, smiling at the cashier. Confused eyes flitting up to the other’s face, he splutters out an “Excuse me?” as the boy leaning on the counter repeats the numbers, one by one. “8. 2. 4. 9. 7. 0. 3. 2. 5. 6,” he calmly repeats, sneaking in a wink. Arms freezing, Sehun rigidly picks up the sharpie and a cup, messily scribbling the number on. “Coming right up sir,” he manages to spit out. Since when did talking become so hard?

          Turning around to tell Jongdae the order, he finds no one standing there. Paralyzed, he realizes that his curly haired friend had just abandoned his work post. Again. Cursing himself inwardly, he trudges over to make the stranger’s beverage, recalling that Jongdae always leaves him whenever he sees the poor cashier being flirted with, always to reappear out of no where and interrogate the younger about his love life. Which now that he thinks about it is more often than not. The prankster’s laugh ringing in his ears, he reminds himself to talk to Jongdae about actually doing his job instead of watching Sehun suffer from afar…at least whenever he magically pops up again.

          Minutes pass before he manages a decent frappe, and just as he snaps on the lid to the drink and walks to the counter, he spots brown hair bouncing to counter to meet him. Forcing his mouth to form a smile, he gets ready to give the stranger his drink, only to be stopped halfway by the other’s hand, his arm outstretched in the air. “I’m Luhan,” the stranger begins, his smooth voice flowing out of his mouth, the dazzling smile reappearing. “You seemed pretty down, so enjoy the drink. Call me sometime.” Arm still outstretched, Sehun only manages to stare as the man walks away, his warm touch imprinted onto the cashier’s hand. And then it dawns on him. The deer eyed boy is always coming to the café, always eyeing Sehun from afar, looking away before any eye contact can be made.

          “What just happened?” he hears a voice behind him inquire, undoubtedly belonging to his best friend. Eyeing the drink, Jongdae gasped as he spots the array of numbers, no doubt belonging to the man that had been just left Sehun with his drink. “YOU GOT HIS NUMBER?!” he shouts, celebrating with jumps and skips behind the counter, “MY BABY SEHUNNIE IS GROWING UP~” Panicking, the young cashier’s eyes flicked around the café, trying to get his coworker to shut up before more eyes turned their way. After multiple attempts, he gives up and returns to his post at the cashier, ready to finish up the day and go home. Still holding the frappe in his hands, he turned it in his hands, squinting at the sequence of numbers. “Luhan…” he muttered under his breathe, the name rolling off his tongue over and over again like a chant. Glancing over his shoulder to make sure Jongdae was busy with an order, he punched the number into his phone at lightning speed, shoving his phone into his pocket before the other could catch him. “Here, Jongdae, throw this away for me,” Sehun said, passing his coworker the drink before returning to the counter, trying to act as nonchalant as possible. Smirking, the prankster managed a quick photo of the frappe before disposing of it, humming to himself. “Big mistake Sehunnie, don’t think I didn’t see you punch that number in,” he half sung to no one. Mapping out a scheme in less than a second, Jongdae smirked, silently laughing to himself. Sehun was in for a big treat, and Jongdae was no doubt going to be behind it all.

 

-----

a/n: i don't even remember what i was thinking when i wrote this o.o i dont know when i'll have time to update this (or if i even will) but i guess we'll see. enjoy!