Chapter 3

4-Reign

Unknown POV

 

Ughhh it’s only my first week of training here and I’m already in the category where I want to quit already! Practice just ended and I packed up all of my things went out of the practice room full of clouds (A/N: SM’s famous cloud room). I went downstairs using the crappy stairs since the elevator was out of service. I opened the door in the first floor and walked out.

 

I was passing by the front desk and saw four girls who didn’t look Korean at all. One of the girls stood out to me the most. I stopped walking and was just staring at her. She looked really familiar when her back was facing me. Once they’re done talking to the lady, they turned around and I finally faced her.

 

Oh my gosh.

 

We both faced each other shocked. These other girls around her looked at us as if we met before. True. It was Jane. Totally looking different. Did she lose a few pounds? The last time I saw her was back in Vancouver and boy, she was a cute chubby girl. Jane was one of my best friends back home until she moved to Hawaii because her mom was a well-known barber and then got promoted to a military base. We kept contacting each other until I moved here in Korea to pursue my dream as an idol.

Back to reality. We were still staring at each other. The girls didn't know what to do, so they ended up bowing in front of me. I did a slight bow and just walked out the building. What happened to us? We're now strangers.

 

Jane's POV

As Bella was talking to the Korean lady in Korean, I was just staring in awe at whole entire inside of this building. Then I became bored and ended up scrolling up and down on my instagram. (A/N: follow me at @ame.ricaaa hehe sorry!) Once they were done making arrangements, I turned around and saw this young guy staring at me. Is he crazy or something? I'm not the only one seeing this right?

After scanning his face for a few seconds. I totally recognized him. My jaw just dropped really low. Like reallyyyy low. Taylor noticed our "staring contest" and hit the others so they could turn around and see what was going on. I heard whispers; What do we do? This is weird. Does Jane know him? He's cute! Do we just bow or something?
 

They all ended up bowing at the boy, causing him to bow also. The girls pulled me away from him as the boy walked away.

Don't tell me it was Mark Lee! . I didn't even know he was trainee at SM! UGH. Okay so about Mark, he was the only guy friend back at my old hometown, Vancouver. I had a slight crush on him. That's normal right?

"Jane, who was that cute guy earlier?"  Mary asked. Should I tell them? If told them about Mark, they're gonna start teasing me.

"Just some guy back in Canada from school." I said. They all stared at me as if I was lying. Which I am right now.

"It is! I just pass by him everyday. Nothing special. Let's just go." I continued. Then I continued walking to the elevator.

 

Author's POV

As Jane was walking towards the elevator, Bella, Mary, and Taylor stared at each other blanked out. Then they followed Jane right behind her. As Jane was waiting in the elevator, she pressed 20. Then the door closed and the elevator started to ascend.

In the elevator, it was total silence. Not even a single breath was heard.

The elevator then opened and the girls all went out, took a left, went straight down the hall, then his office was the second to the last door on the left. Jane knocked on the glass door until she heard come in!

Jae-shin was at the corner sitting by his desk with a stack of papers on his hands. Contracts. Four copies.

The four girls sat on the small couch that fit all of them. Jae-shin went out of his chair and walked to the chair that was in front of the girls. In his hands were also pens. In front of both sides were a glass table. He placed each copy of the contract in front of them.

"These, ladies, are your contracts. They last up to 5 years. Before we had contracts that dealt with 13 years, but with some incidents in the past, we revised it to 5. We will provide all needs such as food, housing, transportation and more. But when you become idols, a third of your paycheck will be going to us to pay back the cost from your trainee days. Speaking about your trainee lives, you will be learning dance choreo, improving your singing abilities, acting, and rapping which is optional. In addition, you will have to learn Korean, a little of Chinese, and a little of Japanese. Go ahead a skim through it. Once you're all done, you may sign your name on the very last page of the contract." Jae-shin said. Jane thought about the sallary part. A third? I hope our paychecks would be greater once we're very famous. Jane thought.

Surprisingly, they all ended up at the last page at the same time. Jae-shin then handed them the pens for them to sign their names. Once all of them signed their 5 year contracts, they handed it to Jae-shin. He was smiling so brightly his dimples were showing.

"Welcome to SM Entertainment. I wish you all luck!" Jae-shin said excitingly. Jane was the first one to get out of the building. She was walking so fast that the others couldn't keep up with her. They went back to their hotel to pack up and go straight home to get settled with their belongings.

 

Mark's POV

This can't be happening though. What the hell is Jane doing at SM? And who are those crazy looking girls?

I was walking down the street in Apujeong where I saw a Starbucks cafe on the corner. Yes. I have an inner white girl within me. I was supposed to meet with the other guys after practice. I gotta tell them about this.

Inside Starbucks

"Venti iced green tea latte." I ordered.

"550 won" The barista said. I used my phone to scan the scanner to pay my drink.

After paying, I saw the guys sitting in a huge table. They saw me walking then gave me a wave. I waved back. As I arrived at the table, I saw girls around the table staring the guys. My attention was caught when Hansol was patting hard on seat, telling me to sit by him.

"Mark-ah, how's practice?" Johnny asked.

"Good. You know that girl I would always talk about?" I said. They all nodded. "Jane-shi?" Hansol asked. I nodded.

"I just saw her earlier in the lobby with a bunch of other non-Korean girls. Do you guys know why she's here?" I continued.

"You didn't know?" Taeyong said. He scoffed. I was confused. What do they know that I don't know?

"Jane-shi is in a Super Junior reality show. But she's not the only one there, there are other foreign girls." Taeyong said. Oh yeah. I forgot Jane is a huge fan of Super Junior. Lucky her then. "A few days ago, there was this episode where all of the girls show off their talent. Jane's was amazing. Her voice was gah-lor-reh." He continued. She did have an amazing voice. But really, what were they doing at the SM building?

"They probably got scouted by an agent." Johnny said. Did he just read my mind?

Probably  they were going to sign contracts. I'm going to feel bad though. What if they get bullied by the Korean trainees? Especially girls? Do I still have Jane's number? I put my hand inside my front pocket and reached for my phone. Then I scrolled down my contacts until I saw Jane. YES I STILL HAVE HER NUMBER. Should I text her? Maybe not. After what just happened 20 minutes ago. Nah. Nevermind I am. I'M A MAN.

From: Mark

To: Jane

Hey! What's up? Sorry about what just happned earlier. Never expected you to come to Korea. We should hang out again sometime~

 

Jane's POV

When we arrived at the hotel, I entered my room and jumped on my bed and laid flat on my stomach. I heard a ring on my phone. It was from Mark. I still have his number? Woah.

From: Mark

To: Jane

Hey! What's up? Sorry about what just happaned earlier. Never expected you to come to Korea. We should hang out sometime~

Shoud I text him back? Yeah I should.

From: Jane

To: Mark

Hi! Um just got to the hotel from SM to sign my contract. I never knew you worked for SM lol. Why don't we hang out on Saturday at 11AM before I leave Korea. I'm just going to pack my belongings back at Hawaii before my trainee life starts. Where do you want to meet up?

SENT.

Just got a new message.

From: Mark

To: Jane

Starbucks down the street from the SM building. Meet up at 11 AM then. It's a date?

A date? YAAAAS. A DATE?? YAS I'M READY FOR THIS. What am I gonna wear? How should I do my hair and make-up? UGH

From: Jane

To: Mark

It's a date :-)

SENT.

I'M SO ING SORRY. I HATE SCHOOL. TOO MUCH HOMEWORK. ESPECIALLY FROM MY SCIENCE TEACHER. I HATE SCIENCE. UGH LUV YOU GUYS *heart emoji*