Rewind

Crystal Clear

—Chapter 1 ✿


 The paint brush which is dressed in red is dancing gracefully on the big canvas. A step forward, a step backward, and few turns are added to the move, creating an abstract color bows forming into a shape, specifically, flowers. His lips curved into a smile as the painting got finished by time. He then stood up, lifting up the big canvas across him, scanning it thoroughly. He muttered the word 'perfect' under his breath before putting the canvas back down and took off his apron, exposing his perfectly chiseled chest which is hiding behind his white v-neck t-shirt. 

He walked past the glass door —which is connecting the main room and the room where he was finishing his painting, afterward. 
A familiar sweet scent mixed up with the scent of different types of flowers greets him as he strode across the glass door. His smile grew wider as he saw a familiar young lady's silhouette which is humming to an unfamiliar song while wrapping a bouquet of roses with some baby's breath intertwined around it on the counter. He then approached the young lady carefully then touched her shoulder slowly yet surely. The young lady flinched a bit as she felt the young man's cold hand on her shoulder then turned around to meet his eyes. " oh, Jongin, you're here. . " she showed the taller man across her —whom name is Jongin, her sweetest smile. " Mm, " the taller man nodded then bent down a bit to peck her lips. " Here's the painting you requested, petal, " he added, showing the young lady the painting. The young lady chuckled softly before tiptoeing a bit, pecking his cheek then whispers a 'thank you' next to his earlobe. 

" How is it ? " the young lady looked at the painting which is now hanging on the other side of the room before turning her gaze to the taller man. " I like it ! " he replied, chukling.

So, basically that's how they spent their days. Sharing kisses and hugs, love and laughter between them. Just like a pair of shoes. Until one day, the young lady is nowhere to be found. He got panicked for awhile before one of her customers talks about her getting hospitalized because of her disease. By asking to people around him, he finally knows that she has been suffering acute lymphoblastic leukimia for years.
He went looking after her at where she got hospitalized.

She's lying on the bed like she has been crying for help in agony for days, yet no one helped her. All that he could see now are her pale lips, her pale skin and her eyebags. He took her hand and placed it on his cheek before holding it rather tightly to keep it warm. He keeps repeating the word 'sorry' with a barely inaudible voice and teary eyes. As his teardrop roll down his cheeks, he could feel her cold hand touching his cheek, wiping away the teardrops that made his cheeks got a little wet. He then looked at the young lady which is lying on the bed weakly then embraced her. 


Few days had passed after that day. Everything is going well and getting even better than before, except her health —that gets even worse from day by day. There are so many pipes attached to her body now, and I don't think she could live a little longer.. She suffered even more because of those pipes which are attached to her body for her needs... .

He sat on a chair outside the room, getting even worried that he might lose his one and only by a blink of an eye. Someone gotta save her..

But the next day, he saw her lying peacefully on bed of roses, dressed in one of her favorite white dress and her brunette hair braided to the side. She left the world in peace. All of the people inside the church could hear the raindrops that start falling, it's going to rain.
The prayer for the dead on the church ended after about two or three hours. The young man decided to take some fresh air outside, eventhough it's raining. 

Even the sky is crying upon her death.. What about me?

I still have so many things to say and ask, yet you're so far away from me.

Everything doesn't look that clear now, everything's blurry. I don't even know what I'm looking at. Is that you staring back at me?