Chapter 3

The Demon's Angel

Sitting quietly at the cushiony chair, Luhan observes as the demon prince; Sehun, rings a bell before maids come in and bring forth some clothes for him to wear. Watching as the maids rush out once their tasks are done, as the prince stands up, his slacks still covered in blood.

“Oh my ing god!” Luhan exclaims, as he turns around immediately, as the demon prince casually removes his trousers. “At least tell someone when you’re going to show your ding-dong!”

“My what?” The prince ask in confusion, body still clad in nothing and Luhan has to keep his eyes semi open so he can only see the upper torso of the prince.

“You know!” He flushes as he turns back around. “Your ding-dong, your wee-wee, your junior something!” He shouts as he covers his eyes with one hand and tries to wander outside by blindly finding the door.

“I do not understand the thing you are referring to.” Sehun says as he watches in half-confusion and half-amusement at Luhan’s state.

“Your private parts! Cover that up! Or at least go do that somewhere else where no one can see it!” He scolds the other. “People aren’t supposed to show that kind of things to others!”

“Do you happen to refer to my ?”

“Of course your ! What the do you think I’m referring to?” He replies to the demon while blindly searching for the door.

“You can look at me now, mortal. I am now robed. There is no more need for the exaggerated reactions.”

“Exaggerated?! Humans don’t show their ding-dongs to other people except if they’re going to do the dance without pants!” He shouts at the demon prince, pointing an accusing finger at the now prince’s clothed area.

“I beg your pardon? The dance without what?” The demon asks in confusion, still. Though now dressed, as Luhan can see it clearly.

“Never mind.” He sighs out, blood already boiling as he continuously see the demon that almost did something to his brother. “Just tell me why the you—“

“Prince Sehun!” The latter demon, Zitao, barged into the room in haste as he bows to the prince first, “The King has demanded for your presence, immediately.” He says before looking at Luhan with distaste in his eyes.

“Alright.” The prince replies casually as he goes to his wardrobe and pulls out a luxurious jacket before putting it on. “Bring the mortal as well.” He says before walking past Luhan and leaving the room.

“Follow me, vexy mortal.” Zitao announces as he steps at the room’s threshold and looks back and awaits Luhan’s obedience.

“I’d rather stay here, you cheeky, -namek.” He replies smugly before sitting at the prince’s bed, causing Zitao to growl at him.

“Do not test me. Mortal.” Zitao grumbles towards him, eyes turning into red as his hands began to protrude some claws. “My patience with aggravating species is thin to none.”

“I’m not backing down in a rumble. If that’s what you’re asking.” He replies back, charms and beads at the ready, causing the demon to cackle at his face.

Laughing darkly, as Luhan starts to chant under his breathe, the demon’s eyes go redder with delight. “Do you really expect something as measly as your paper charms and beads would deter someone as the likes of us demons?” He asks amusingly while he finishes his enchantments.

Lier!” He shouts out of the blue and the charm dismembers itself and surrounds the demon, just like what happened last time, but this time the lights binds the demon’s torso and legs causing the demon to trample down in shock.

“How did you learn this?!” The demon, who was still in shock, shouts at him, though he himself was in a state of shock as well.

How did he do it?  Where did it come from?  Why does he know the words?  What language was that?

A black force pushing him onto his back has him snapping out of his reverie. “A lowly human such as yourself are able to use light magic as that of an angel?” Zitao asks in a calm tone that brings shivers onto Luhan’s skin for once. “Tell me, how can that be?” He asks as his eyes furrow at him.  

“I—“

“Do enlighten me.” Zitao says suddenly appearing in front of him, causing him to scoot backwards. Then Zitao suddenly disappear and appears on a different place.

“Zitao.” A colder tone echoes within the room and a freezing breeze starts to blow within it, causing the surface of the room be covered in thin frost. “What in the world are you doing to the human?” The prince asks, eyes boring holes into the now silent demon.

“My prince!” Zitao says in haste, kneeling in front of said demon. “This human has the ability to use light spells as that of an angel! The human can use angel magic!” He cries out, pointing an accusing finger to him.

“I know, Zitao.” The prince’s voice continues to be ice cold. “I am asking on what are you doing to him? And why are you petrifying him with your time magic?”

Hearing the statement causes Luhan to let out an affronted remark. “Hey! I was not scared!” He says causing the two demon to look at him. “What? I was just surprised okay?! He was teleporting! That’s not so scary!”

A chuckle emitting from the prince’s mouth has him pulling back a bit. “Zitao, I assume that you will never lay a finger on the human priest now, will you?” Sehun asks, before the other demon nods his head. “If I heard that you have laid a finger on this human, I assure you that you shall face my wrath at its fullest. Do I make myself clear?”

“Crystal. My Prince.” Zitao replies, eyes downcast and bows before rushing out of the room.

“I was concern as to why you have not followed me towards the throne room.” Sehun announces with a slight annoyance in his voice. “I thought I told you that you should follow me.”

“Hey! I am not some kind of pet that will always follow you! And you are not ing boss of me!” He reprimands as he mindlessly follows the demon prince who walks out of the room. “And why the aren’t you listening to me?!”

“I have no time to quarrel with the likes of you right now.” Sehun merely replies at him, causing him to roar some cussing remarks some more.

“What the !? You have no time to quarrel with me but you have the time to kidnap me and my brother?!”

“As far as I’m concerned you and your brother came with your own free will.” The prince bites back with amusement.

“Yeah, because if we don’t we’d be having creeps like you lurking in our home and force us to go with you in our own free will. You crazy creep-o”

“We are here.” Sehun announces, causing Luhan to stop in his tracks and looks in front of the prince and sees a grandeur and spacious room.

“Sehun. My son.” A resounding voice echoes through the hall, causing Luhan’s hair on his skin to rise up, goosebumps enveloping his whole body.

“Do not worry. Just be at my side at all times and you shall not be harmed.” The prince says and for the first time, Luhan actually does what he was told due to the shock of fear.

Slowly walking towards the king’s throne, Luhan tries to make himself more little than usual as he follows the prince.

“Father.” Sehun announces, bowing his head, and not kneeling, wanting the human priest to be hidden. “You have summoned me?”

“I did, my son.” The demon king replies. “I have heard that you have been frequenting at the meadow, is that right?”

“Yes, father.”

“And may I know the reason?” The king asks but before Sehun could reply the king cuts him off. “Is it because of the two priests that are currently residing in the castle?” He asks and Luhan sees the prince’s shoulders tensing. “Answer me.” The king says, voice void of any emotions.

“Yes father.” The prince replies, voice wavering.

“And if I may ask, what compels you to be fond of these mortals?” The king asks.

“Father, I—“

“For as long as I have known you, you have never had an ounce of interest to other creatures. Be it the most beautiful of the incubi or succubae, even at the most powerful vampires.” The king voices out. “Now tell me, what is difference between those beings with this mortals?” The king ask, and Luhan looks up, seeing the king’s face, eyes a lot darker than those he has seen, presence oozing of death and carnage causing every hair on Luhan’s skin to rise up, leaving his skin a tons of goosebumps.

“He is of no—“

“Luhan?” The king calls out, and the other two looks towards the king. “Is it truly you? Xiao Luhan?”

“Ho-How do you know my name?” Luhan asks in fear as the eyes of the demon king glow with recognition.

“Oh how you’ve grown into a fine young lad.” The king announces, voice becoming soft and warm, so completely opposite of what it was seconds ago.

“Who are you?” He asks out loud but soon enough, the king has risen from his throne and appears, in just a matter of seconds, in front of Luhan, causing a gasp out of Luhan while the prince was pushed to the ground.

“You have your grandmother’s eyes.” The Demon King says as he cups Luhan’s face and tilts it upwards, examining it. “Full of innocence and warmth, oh how I wish she could see you right now, though I must say you have not inherit her fiery—“

“Let go of me you erted old fart!” Luhan shouts back, causing the king’s hand to drop by his side and his body being pulled back while the prince scrambles up and pulls Luhan away from the shocked king.

“Are you out of your mind?” Sehun hisses at him. “Nobody, even if they are an archangel, talks to one of the seven kings of the underworld!” Sehun shouts at him.

“Don’t, ing, shout at me! You demons have the problem with personal space! Always invading someone’s bubble with your ty hands!” He replies back but they were cut off when they heard a light chuckle coming from the king. “I mean come on! Why the are you always getting your face near another ones?!”  

“Splendid.” The king says airily. “Splendid indeed!” He shouts at the throne room and Sehun puts Luhan behind him. “Oh Sehun my boy, this is such a catch. Luhan has his grandmother’s fiery personality.” The king laughs out. “It truly is marvelous.”

“What the heck are you saying?” Luhan asks before he pushes through the prince. “You know my grandmother?” He asks the demon king.

“Oh my dear boy.” The king eyes him with warmth. “You do not remember me, do you?” The king asks and Luhan nods.

“I don’t. I’m sorry.” He replies as he tilts his head. “But how do you know my grandmother?”

“Oh my dear boy, your grandmother and I were the bests of friends. I even help her raise your mother, as well as you and the little Xing.” The demon king says and Luhan gasps out.

He knows Yixing.

“As a matter of fact, where is the little Yixing? I assume he is the other priest?” The king asks, walking towards the two of them.

“He is somewhere in the castle, along with Joonmyeon.” Sehun replies, still putting Luhan behind him.

Smiling the king snaps his fingers and in a matter of seconds Jongdae appears right beside him. “Jongdae, do fetch Yixing and the demon accompanying him. I would like to talk to him and his brother.” He says and Jongdae bows before disappearing again and not a moment too soon, he comes back, along with Joonmyeon and Yixing.

“Hyung?” Yixing calls out, flustered and nervous, running to him. “W-Why are we here? And who is he?” He whispers and subtly points at the man smiling at them.

“Oh dear me, Yixing, you have your mother’s eyes.” The demon king says approaching them eyes, bloody but soft.

“W-Who the are you?” Luhan asks again, glaring at the unfazed demon king who merely chuckles back at him. “What’s funny?”

“Oh you really are just like Lu.” The king smiles happily, fangs baring. “You are the spitting image of her. And the attitude too.” He says sighing in delight. “Would you two be able to sit with me at supper?” The king asks.

“Supper?” Luhan asks in which Yixing explained that it was ‘dinner’ in other terms. “No. We need to go home.” He states seriously, pulling Yixing behind him. “Like now.”

“Oh do stay for supper.” The king insists. “It has been a while since I have had a meal with the two of you. It is always with my son.” He says tiredly, and Luhan has to hold on to a sneer as the prince scowls at his father.

“I don’t think that’s—“

“And you do want to know more about your parents and grandmother, do you not?” He says, cutting off Luhan and piquing their interest.  

 

 

Luhan watches as Yixing fidgets in his seats. Eyes darting to him and once in a while to the water-demon; Joonmyeon who gives a reassuring nod seems to signify that everything will be alright as he stands stiffly at the side, waiting for some orders.

“So, tell me Luhan.” The king asks, fingers interlocking to one another as he rests on his hands and smiles at Luhan. “How are you and Yixing? Doing well I suppose?”

“We are doing just fine.” He says curtly eyeing the delicacies at the table, it was human food.

“Oh, do not worry about a thing. We demons consume the same fare as that of humans.” The King says waving if off dismissively. “Though once in a while, we do eat our rarest delicacies.” He says, fangs baring and tongue darting to trace it.

“And that is?” Yixing asks a bit nervously.

“Human lives, the purer the better.” The king says, causing shiver run in both Luhan and Yixing’s spine.

“If you so think we’ll—“

“Do not be alarmed.” The king cuts him off. “Humans protected under our care shall never be harmed by any other demon. Especially since they are a descendant of my dearest friend.”

“Though an angel’s soul is a rarer delicacy than a pure human soul.” Sehun informs devouring a tender meat. “The purest of soul, untarnished and immaculate.”

 “Okay. We appreciate the protection and care, but we still won’t stay here.” He says, glaring at the king who chews his food and smile and hums at him.

“Oh dear. May I ask why?”

“We have school! Friends! And we are not property! We only came to the lake because we missed our grandmother—“

“Oh, today is her anniversary of passing?” The king asks, eyes smiling and gleeful, as if full of mischief, though the others have not noticed it, too busy listening to Luhan munch out excuses in mantras.

“—So we are not going to be slaves in this castle.” Luhan finishes, sitting down, as Yixing leans over him and rubs his back.

“Oh we do not wish for you two to become slaves of this castle. We will welcome you as guests. And we greet our guest with nothing but the best of our hospitality.” The king informs.

“Still, we can’t. I don’t want to impose as well as I don’t want to stay here. We have school in a few weeks and going to and from here would be a hassle, so no.” Luhan replies, arms crossing on his chest as the demon king scowls at his reply.

“Can I make a proposition?” Joonmyeon suddenly speaks at the sidelines, causing everyone’s attention. “From what I have gathered, you and your brother Yixing are not capable of registering both of you in the same school.” Joonmyeon informs and Luhan glares at his brother who mutters an apology before lowering his head.   

“Okay, thank you for snooping in our private lives.” Luhan hisses at the demon. “Now get to your point.” He says gaze sharp and glaring.

“I am proposing…” The water-demon says, eyes a bit apologetic. “That if you two would to reside here. We would be able to assist you in having to go to the same institute.”

“What if we don’t want to? What are we going to get out of it?” He asks, still not liking the idea.

“Well, you two would be able to go to the institute, meaning that you two would be able to watch over each other. And you would not be in a constant worry about each other.” Joonmyeon informs. “Rest assure that you would be under constant watch.”

“What the hell? You’re going to stalk us all day?” Luhan shouts, standing up as the chair screeches back. “What right do you have in keeping an eye over us? You’re like that sick ert eyeing some kids in the park and wanting them to touch his sad ding-dong.” He says, hearing Yixing sigh beside him.

“Luhan, I would like to explain this to you, but I need you to calm yourself down first.” The king says, unfazed by Luhan’s outburst, though the demon prince looks so worn out already even though he was not even taking part in the conversation.

“Ge, please seat down. Don’t make a scene.” Yixing announces, an underlying tone in it that causes Luhan to sigh and seat down compliantly.

“Fine.” Luhan harrumphs as he crosses his arms. “Explain it to us then.”

“Very well.” The king says, sipping on his wine before so. “As you know, I am a king, but there are others too. Six to be specific, so all in all we make up a total of 7 kings. We are what you know as the 7 deadly sins. I Asmodeus, is the king of Lust. Therefore I have brothers, and if you somehow get into their territory then the most likely thing they will do is to devour you in an instant. That is why the constant scrutiny is essential. If one of my brothers, perhaps Satan has been the one to discover you then rest assured that your life is as good as gone. He has the littlest patient out of all of us.” The king says, finishing.

“What the . Why in the hell would one of your brothers go and eat us? We never did anything to them!” Luhan shouts.

“That maybe the case but my brothers and I, have been in an endless quarrel on who to rule the whole kingdom, but my father has never had the intentions of leaving it to us, he knows it will only bring the downfall of our kind.” The king says. “Now, I am inclined into making you agree into being under the care of our kingdom as to accept the gracious offer.” He continues as his eyes turn into scarlet red, a shrilling aura envelops the room and everyone, including the prince halts their movement as the king eyes him and Yixing, who still as well. “Even using necessary force if needed.”

“Do you really think I’d be scared by that intimidation tactic?” Luhan scoffs at the king. “My grandmother raised me, and there’s no way in hell you can top her.” He says, body slightly shivering at the memory of the things his grandmother does to him when they quarrel.

The king laughs at the statement, causing everyone to look at him bewildered. “As unfortunate as that sound being the demon king of this area, I must agree on you with that declaration. I have been a fatality of her intimidation as well. Back when I was a prince.” 

“A prince? When was that?” He asks as everyone looks at him bewildered.

“Trust me when I say that your grandmother and I have known each other for an extensive amount of time.” The king says before smiling. “So, may I get a verdict on the offer? I suggest you take it, since you two have already seen and experienced too much. Even if you promised to not mentioning it to anyone, you already have our—“

“I’ll talk to it over my brother.” He cuts off the king. “I’ll give you an answer before the day ends. Tomorrow.”

“Very well. Shall we return to our feast?” The king says and everyone returns to what they were eating.

Luhan eyes his brother who smiles at him and returns at eating and sometimes eyeing Joonmyeon who smiles reassuringly at him. Swallowing the gagging noise that are rising up in his throat, he notices the demon prince who was munching on his food and gazing at him. A brow lifting as the prince snarls lowly before eating again.

The ?

He returns in eating and making eye contact with his brother and from time to time the demon prince who looks away the moment their eyes gazes together.

“Oh Jongdae, I assume the quarters for these two are already prepared?”  The king asks, and a crackling of lightning echoes within the room and Jongdae appears right behind the king and replies with a formal bow.

“Yes, my king.” The thunder demon announces before appearing alongside with the water demon.

Before Luhan could burst into flames Yixing raises his hand and caught the attention of everyone. “I’m sorry but are we staying here for the night?” He asks in which the king nods in reply.

“That is correct.” The king announces.

“My brother and I would like to decline the offer.” He says causing the king to raise an eyebrow. “We are more comfortable discussing our living arrangements in the confines of our own home, if that’s alright.” Yixing replies.

“But of course.” The king replies, while the prince looks at his father with a shaken expression. “The matter is to be discussed with you and your brother alone.” The king emphasizes the last word, looking at his son who makes a disgruntled noise before going back to eat.

“Thank you.” Yixing says before looking at Luhan and smiling at his brother. Smiling even wider when the older one grumbles out a ‘thank you.’

“Pardon me, but how do we know that the two priest would not escape to another place?” The prince asks, eyes aggravated as he looks at Luhan.

“What? We don’t just run away on someone. And like what we discuss, my brother and I will talk about this between the two of us so out.” He bites back. “We’re god-damned men who always go with their words.” He mumbles under his breathe.

“That is their decision, son. They are true to their words, and so should we. Do not go over there and scout on them. Let them talk the situation through.” The king says. “Do I have your word on that?”

“Very well.” Sehun grumbles out. Fork piercing the meat as his grips on the utensils harden that the silverware cracks, the trees outside the castle swaying through the gust of winds.

“Oh dear me.” Joonmyeon sighs out in the sides as Luhan and Yixing looks at the water-demon while Chen; the thunder-demon was snickering 

Luhan looks at the other demons which looks at most, shivering while the other shake their heads some are in amusement while the others are in discontent.

“I think that we should get going.” Luhan announces, eyes gazing on the big window which lets them see the trees bending—almost breaking as the winds howl even louder. “The wind is really strong and I think that a storm is coming or something.” He says and hears Jongdae snickering again, while the king hums in acknowledgement.

“Oh dear, it does look like a storm is coming.” The king announces, eyes crescent and fangs bared.

“Oh.” Luhan says as he sees the wind’s gust slowly gets weaker and weaker. “I guess its fine now.” He says as he sits down. Not seeing the disgruntled expression the prince is making.

“Oh Ge.” Yixing sighs out as he looks back and forth from his brother and the demon prince.