Glowing

Fall From The Sky

In the next morning, you woke up with dark circles under your eyes. You were swaying towards the door because of sleepless night. You couldn’t close your eyes because you kept thinking how to tell Yongguk the story behind your presence in his house like you were suddenly in his room the night before and you already realised that he is not your boyfriend. You have made up your mind. You never met him in your life before until you were suddenly fell from nowhere in his room. When you walked out from your room, you were kind of shocked when you saw Yongguk was staring at you. He was sitting peacefully in the dining room waiting for you to appear. You saw something in his eyes, you know what he was going to ask. But at least he wasn’t kicked you out just like that. He motioned his finger for you to come to him. You glared at the floor and took a step forward slowly until you reached the table. “Sit!” he told you. You obeyed him. You pulled the chair slowly without looking at him. You made yourself comfortable before daring to look up at him. He tilted his head. “Anything to say about yesterday?” you shook your head. You pressed your lips tight as your fists balled. You rubbed your thighs nervously and it was obvious for him to notice it. “You seem nervous. I know you had something in your mind that you have to tell me but you refused.” He spoke again. You glared at him for a second and back down. He was still waiting for you until he fed up with you and pushed back the chair to get up. “My name is Jia!” you said quickly before he disappears again. He stopped his move and bent down forward. He narrowed his eyes observing your face. “You remembered?” he asked and you slightly nodded. He snorted, “How? Did you fell from the bed and gained your memory back?” he laughed sarcastically. You shook your head to deny his words. “It was the pendant.” You told him. His face back to serious. “You must be kidding me,right?” “No!” you protested. You couldn’t agree much with him and you couldn’t blame him much. It was all started with you whether you want to tell him the truth or not. You let out a small breath. “What is in that pendant if you don’t mind to tell me?” you looked up at him. Then, you were slightly sighed. You were still debating to say it out loud. As you looked up at him with no words came out from your lips and he was still waiting for your answer like he always did. You were nervously playing with your fingers on the table. You nibbled your lips. “I’ll be back later.” Your voice came out softly. You pushed the chair away and you walked to the door before he got you on your back. “Don’t come back!” his voice was so deep and it clung to your heart. You closed your eyes while you were taking a deep breath. “You will find me anyway.” That was your last word to him before you disappeared out of the house. Yongguk was still in his last position. He slumped his fist on the table. He ran his hands in his hair. “What’s going on? She came to me and disappeared without telling me how she got her name back and that ing pendant she had…ugh I shouldn’t give it to her.” He ranted.

 

You kept walking on a same street, didn’t know where to heading. Then, you stopped with a frown on your face. “I left the pendant. Geez.” You whispered and scolded yourself. You have been so careless since you couldn’t stay longer with him in front of you till you forgot to take the pendant with you. It was your source of life. You probably couldn’t continue your life if it not because of that pendant. You were out from the morning until the sun set and it was dark outside. You were exhausted from walking back and forth. You knew that you have wasted your time by looking at people passing by. You could see many emotions in every people’s face. You were wondering what was they made up for. For saving the world? But you think it wasn’t the answer cause while you were walking just now you saw a group of teenagers fought for something irrelevant for you. They shouldn’t have fought if they want to save the world. You were still dragging your feet until you saw a bench under the tree. You observed the place while you set yourself on the bench. It was quiet. No one was there but just you. It was a playground with dimmed lights. You released a sigh. Didn’t know where to start and when to end. You didn’t know where to live and continue living because this was not your world. You were trapped. You closed your eyes to welcome the peacefulness. It was so quiet that brought you calm. “I guess a girl like you shouldn’t be here at night.” A husky voice came out from nowhere all of a sudden. You quickly looked back and what you saw was shocking you. It was unbelievable to your eyes but you already predicted it. He stood there with hands in his pockets. “Shocked by seeing me?” he smirked. That signature smirk of him. You looked away and never looked him back. You felt a heavy weight next to you as you can feel his eyes were darted at you. “What are you doing here?” he asked again. “Trying to not come back to your house again.” You answered nonchalantly with your feet scrapped the ground. He scoffed at you. “You are amazing and you know this place is so dangerous? You could end up being again.” You looked up again at him. You looked puzzle. He continued, “I’m not being nice but…” “I told you that you will find me anyway if I’m gone.” You cut him. Your voice was low enough for him to ask you to repeat again. “What?” he cooed. “I’m tired.” You left the bench without repeating the words he asked for. “Wait!” he stopped you. He stared at you for seconds. “Stay in my house.” He breathed out. You formed a sweet yet calm smile to him. “You were smiling.” He said and you still smiling. “Stop smiling like that.” He looked away and you could see he was blushing. “Thank you.” To you, it was a blessing for him to find you back even though accidently or not. You didn’t have to wander around and find a place to sleep.

 

He guided you to his house by walking side by side with you. You could feel the warmth in him. You could tell that he is a good guy and a caring guy but his ego has taken over him. “Your girlfriend is so stupid cause leaving you.” Your voice shattered the silence between both of you. He let a small chuckle. “Maybe she’s not.” He replied. “But you felt stupid cause let her go, right?” he silent. His face changed. If he could, he didn’t want to remember anything from his past. He didn’t want to say it all. He just wanted to bury them deep into the ground. He was trying to heal from the pain he had after he broke up 2 months ago but that night you came out with a weird statements and questions about his girlfriend. To him you just only a stranger who suddenly appeared in his life and you shouldn’t have to know about his past. But it seemed like you were more advance. You seemed like you could read his mind somehow. He let out a sigh. “Can we not talk about this?” he pleaded and you just nodded. Once both of you reached home, he ignored you and just went straight to his room. He slammed the door quite hard. You sighed, “Did I make him mad again?” you questioned yourself. You walked to your room and saw the pendant is placed neatly on the bed. The gleam made your heart calm. It made you smile. You sat on the bed and picked it up. “How to tell him about this?” you sighed. You turned your head towards the window and once again you breathed out of giving up. “How can I get back?” you picked up the pendant and made your way to the window. Your tilted your head up to the dark sky while you were clutching the pendant to your chest. It was shining bright in your hands. The lights went through between your fingers. You didn’t know what was happening but once you closed your eyes you felt yourself became light. Wind was howling around you and made you feel like flying. Out of a sudden, you burst into tears. A single tear kissed your cheek and that made your whole body shimmered. Just like a beautiful big star you have seen in the sky. It lighted the room. Then, you sobbed hard. You couldn’t think what you should do. Your shoulders were all shaking. The next thing you didn’t know that Yongguk was there behind you. He stared at you blankly. He was froze. You could feel his presence so you decided to turn back after wiping away your tears. The beautiful glow disappeared from your body. You looked down for awhile then looked back up. He was still there ; frozen. He seemed shock with what he saw. “Who are you? I mean what are you?” he shook his head trying to gather his thoughts. You nibbled your lips. “Are you scared with what you saw?” you asked him. He snorted then he put his hand on his hair. He messed it. “Are you…..are you kidding me?” he almost laughed in disbelief. He almost turned into a mad man that night. “Listen…what is your name again?” he scrunched his face. “Jia.” You stated. You could see how nervous he was but you were not dared to even get closer to him. “I heard you were sobbing and I thought I had made you feel hurt but when I checking out you this is what I saw.” He pointed to you with his hands. He scrunched his face again. He clasped his mouth to not make any sound. He was in shock. “You are not human, aren’t you?” he looked at you. “I’m sorry. I don’t want to make you scared.” you were felt totally sorry that you felt like bursting into tears once again. You let out a heavy breath. “I don’t know how to tell you.” His face looked confused. “What?” “I should thank you for finding my pendant. My life depends on it.” He scooped his face and muffled words. “So you want to that you can remember your name because that pendant told you?” he guessed and you nodded accepting his guess. He shrugged his shoulders. “I think I’m too tired and I need sleep and when I woke up tomorrow this thing is just a dream.” He said and quickly left your room. It was not like he had hurt you just now till you cried but seeing him left you without listening to you any further made you heart ache more. You crouched yourself in the corner. You buried your head in between your knees and blankly sat there until soon you driven to sleep.

 

 

“Jia!” he opened the door. “Jia!” he cooed since he didn’t heard any reply from you. He stepped in the room and saw no one. “Jia!” he called you louder this time. He still didn’t heard you. He ran to the window and trying to look at the street if you have gone there. He sighed when he couldn’t spot you down there but when he turned his head he saw you in the corner with your head still in between your knees. “Jia?” he approached you. “Are you alright?” he asked. Without hesitation he shook your body and suddenly you fell forward. Your body clung on him. He caught you before you could slam your own body on the floor. “Jia!” he shook your body vigorously. But you still with your eyes closed. He looked panic. He didn’t know what to do. He saw your face was so pale. Your lips dried and your eyes were covered with dark circles. He cooped you up and laid you on the bed. He dashed out and came back with a bowl of cold water and a towel on his shoulder. “I don’t know if this will work to you since you are not human but I’ve tried.” He murmured while placing the soaked towel on your forehead. He was still feeling nervous. He afraid if you were dead since you have said to him that your life depends on that pendant. Then something came to his mind. He got up from the bed and went to the corner. He picked up the pendant that was on the floor earlier. “I think this will work.” He placed the pendant on your chest and brought your hand on top of it. But it didn’t seem to work. He gave up. “Oh come on!” he shook you again. He scratched his head and grunted. He didn’t know what to do. “I’ll leave you here. And I hope once I came back you are okay.” With that he left you alone on the bed. From afar you looked so much like a dead girl. You looked so pale and you seemed very weak.