Pendant

Fall From The Sky

The storm was getting violent in the sky. Lightning was struck to nowhere in the sky. The city was ran of electricity. It was dark but only lightning from the sky could be seen. It was raining heavily and seemed like it won’t stop. “Ouch!” you half screamed. You fell on something but you couldn’t see it. You rubbed your whole body that was aching from the falling. You felt so cold and puzzled. You didn’t even remember if you crashed onto something because the pain was real. You tried to get up but it seemed like you couldn’t get up just like that. You need a support. While you were trying to find a light source with your hawk eyes. A door near you was opened and a figure with a candle was standing tall; unmoved at the door. You looked happy with a bright smile suddenly on your small lips. You could tell that the figure is a human and a man. You tried to get up to say thank you to him cause saving you from the darkness but instead you were still on the floor. The man looked shaking. You could see it by the way the candle was shaking in his hand. You couldn’t see his face because it was too dark and he held the candle quite far from his face. You were hesitated to ask him. “Can you help me?” you asked with your sweet voice. He was still there. Shaking in his place without moving. Fortunately, the light went on. You were startled and your eyes wandered around. You heard a thump sound then you looked at him again. The candle he was holding fell to the ground. Luckily the fire already went off. He was still shaking like he was looking at a ghost. “Help me maybe?” you asked again. He stepped back. “Who…who the hell are you?” he finally opened his mouth even though the voice sounded shaking. “I’m…….” you paused trying to remember. You look at yourself. Observing every part of your body. “Don’t tell me you don’t know who you are. I bet you are not….crazy or probably yes.” He cringed his face while his eyes looking at your face but your body. “I don’t remember who I am. Ouch!” you tried to get up again to calm him. He took a step back some more. “Don’t!” he pulled out his hand to stop you. “How the hell you entered my house?........without key….without my permission…..without I knowing you…..and without clothes?” he shut his eyes to rid of the vision of your body in front of him. “I’m sorry. I just don’t know how I was here.”  He took a deep breath and finally opened his eyes wide. “ok!” he calmed himself. “You may not be crazy and I positively think that you are human and not that supernatural thing. We can talk. Wait here! I’ll bring you clothes to wear.” You nodded and smiled brightly. His words gave you hope to help you. But something was playing in your mind while he was gone. You couldn’t believe that you didn’t know yourself. “What am I?” you murmured to yourself. “I positively think that I am a human and not that supernatural thing.” You smiled while mimicking that guy. Then, you chuckle. “That guy is cute.” You giggled excitedly. He came back after several minutes with a top and a shorts in his hand. He threw it to you and you caught it. “Wear this and come out.” Before he could make a step leaving you held him in place. “Wait! I can’t get up by myself. I think I broke my legs.” His mouth hang wide open in disbelief. “Are you kidding me?” you shook your head with your innocence face. He sighed heavily. “Fine, whatever. If you done call me right away. We need to talk.” You nodded and he left you alone in the room. The rain was still pouring to the ground. You looked outside the window and you still couldn’t get the clue who you are. You had done putting on the clothes and you called out for him. He dashed in to the room and gripped your arms. “Oww, be careful.” You scolded him. “Hurt? I thought you can’t feel the pain cause you know, you are not human anyway.” He made a joke about you. You pulled your arm back to you and he immediately looked at you. You deep stared at him. He puckered his eyebrow. “You said I am a human.” You let your voice out softly. You didn’t sure if he could hear you or not. He sighed again when he saw your head was down. Maybe he thought you were feeling upset. Both of you stayed silent until suddenly he sat next to you. “Ok, I am positive that you are a human.” His voice sounded lazy. Your head was still down. You were not even bother to head up. “If you are human then look at me and talk to me.” He demanded. Without forcing you immediately raised up your head and stared him. “Don’t sulk,can you?” you pressed your lips together. “I’m tired to entertain a girl who likes to sulk. It is not my style.” You pulled your knees together and put your chin in between. “I’m not sulking.” You denied. “OK. Let’s be serious. How can you enter my house and especially my room?” you silent. “You were too.” You still silent. “Was there anything happened in my room like you and your boyfriend couldn’t find a good place to have and ended up here while I’m gone?” you snapped back. “Boyfriend?” you asked. He nodded. “Yeah! Boyfriend, a guy that you love and willingly give anything to him to make him feel better.” You bewildered there for a moment. “I haven’t heard about it before.” He snapped his forehead and hissed. “You are unbelievable. You are really innocent yet seductively sitting on my room floor.” He shook his head in disbelief. “So how can I help you?” “I just can’t get up, that’s all.” You stated again that your legs couldn’t function as they used to be. He tapped his slim fingers onto his lips. “So you wanna say that you want to stay a night here?” he asked you with a smirk. “Yes!” you agreed with a totally bright smile on your face. His pulled back his smirk and back to serious like he was thinking that the girl will say no to his invitation but it happened vice versa. He got up and gripped your arm again but this time he gripped it gently. He helped you up. “Listen here. Don’t ever think to make a chaos in this house, okay?” you nodded then he helped you to another room next to his. He put you on the bed and you slightly jumped on it to feel the comfy. You smiled brightly like the smile won’t disappear from your face. He looked at your happy face then turned his back to walk out from the room. You caught his hand because he was quite near with the bed. He was shocked and sighed. “What again?” he seemed annoyed with you. “I just want to know your name.” you said while smiling. “Yongguk!” he snatched his hand away and left the room. You nodded as you already knew his name. You lay on the bed with you spreading the arms and chanted, “My boyfriend, Yongguk” for several times with chuckles.

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning you were still in bed. You felt like you didn’t get enough sleep for your entire life and all you want to do was to lay down and never wake up until Yongguk came and checked on you. “Hey, get up! Don’t be lazy.” He pulled the blanket off you. You stretched all your limbs and arms as you protested with groans. “Don’t do that to me. I’m freaking hate that, girl. Now get up!” he pulled your arms next until you fully sat on the bed and opened your eyes widely. You just nodded when he asked you to prepare yourself and out of the room. You scratched your head still on bed. “My boyfriend woke me up.” You grinned like a horse. “Is this really what ‘boyfriend’ does?” you jumped off the bed and stumbled a little bit but gladly balanced yourself. You checked out your legs. “Hey, I’m okay now!” you cheered happily. You quickly ran to the living room and searched for Yongguk. You didn’t even bother to wash your face or brush your teeth because you were already forgotten to do so. It was like you were a newly born. You didn’t know where you are from and how you got there. “Yongguk!!!!” you called out his name. From nowhere, he appeared. “What do you want?” he looked at you but you were just grinning with both hands at the side of your body. “You…..want to say that you can walk again?” you nodded vigorously. He snorted, “Glad to know that so you can leave my house now.” He turned away from you. He made you feel disappointed. “I...can’t stay here longer?” you half whispered to him. “What for? You will be trouble for me.” He continued with his work. Your head was down again. It was like you were trying to dig a hole on the ground with your stares. Yongguk came to a halt when he didn’t hear any sound from you. He turned his head to you to see whether you had left or still there. He sighed again when he saw you like that. “You are sulking again?” he came to you. “Look at me.” He sounded serious so you obeyed him and looked straight into his eyes. “I don’t know who you are and where you are from. I can’t simply let a stranger stay with me.” He held your shoulders while to you. You sighed, “But you are my boyfriend!” you protested. The words that you should keep to yourself were no longer a secret. That was not your intended. You were just thinking of it and out of a sudden you spitted it out. Yongguk was taken aback. His lips were shut tightly. “I didn’t say that…I..” he stuttered. He couldn’t process what you have said to him. He hesitated but let you go. He scratched his head then made his way to his bedroom. You didn’t have a chance to say sorry to him. You were regretted with you have done. You dropped your body at the sofa. You were almost shed tears. You didn’t mean to make him angry or upset. If he really upsets with you, everything is over. You have to find your true self by yourself and the main point is who will gonna let you stay a night at his house. Yongguk was in his room thinking and questioning himself if he ever mentioned to her that he is her boyfriend. The last time he dated someone was 2 months ago and the clothes he lend to her were his ex-girlfriend’s. He kept walking back and forth with a dull face. He tried to remember all the words he said to her last night. Was she really that crazy or he was the one who misinterpreted the meaning of ‘boyfriend’ to her. He sure that he was not drunk at all last night. While he was confusing himself with all the conclusions, his foot stepped on something. It seemed like a pendant. It was shiny. Looked so beautiful with indigo mixed with red colour around it. “I think this is hers. I never had this feminine pendant.” He took it and went to the living room. He found her at the sofa sinking herself deeper into the sofa. He jumped on it and made her startled. “I bet this is yours. I found it inside.” You looked at him curiously and took the pendant from him. When it reached your hands the pendant was shining brightly like it has a power. You gulped while you holding it tightly. He looked at you then turned to the pendant back. “How did you?” you shook your head in disbelief. Then suddenly you got a vision. Your details. It made you automatically tuned your head to him but you didn’t say anything. You quickly opened your palm. “What?” he asked when you were still staring at him. “I’m sorry.” That’s all you could say to him. You left him puzzled at the sofa while you went to your room and closed the door shut. You already knew who you are. You didn’t want to tell him who you are cause it might scare him. You need a right time to tell him the truth. “Maybe I should give him my name only.”