Chapter 1: New Girl Group

Stardust
Please log in to read the full chapter

[Debut Day//Miyeon POV]

All of us sat in front of the computer nervously. When a new video popped up on SM’s channel, I hurriedly clicked on it.

“This song was for you…” we started. All of us were wearing a long flowy white chiffon dress. We were also wearing thin gold rings on our pinky fingers. As usual, SM used their box concept. At the end of the MV, I walked to my room and grabbed my phone. I opened my messages and scrolled through the ones I received today.

“恭喜你,妹妹! 你终于上登场了!加油!!!

-姐姐<3”

*Congratulations, little sister! You finally got to debut! Fighting! -Unnie <3

“Congratulations, Miyeon-noona! I hope you and your group do really well!

-Yeonseok <3”

“Miyeon-ah, I hope you're doing well with your group! Oppa will always support you! Saranghae!

-Yeonwoo-oppa <3”

“Miyeon fighting!”

“Good luck Miyeon-ah! <3” I smiled at these, but was an empty feeling in my chest. I had all these messages from my friends and brothers and sister, but none from my relatives or parents. I shut my phone and went back outside, a fake smile plastered on my face. I sat next to Seoyun on the sofa and watched the drama that was currently playing. Hyejin and Hana were both in their room, doing their own things. We got to watch a good half hour before an interruption.

DING DONG

DING DONG

DING DONG

I stood up from the couch and opened the door. Manager-nim stood there, checking his watch. He looked up and smiled at me. “Do you know what time it is?” he asked with a creepy smile on his face. I looked at the white clock that was hanging above the TV. 2:30.

“Oh crap. Seoyun get your off the couch! Hyejin, Hana! Get out of your room! We’re late for practice!” I shouted as I grabbed my jacket from my room. Seoyun and Hyejin were putting their shoes on and Hana was waiting for us.

“Let’s go,” Manager-nim said. We drove to SM’s building as fast as possible. When we arrived, we jumped out of the van and rushed up the stairs to the practice room. The door to the practice room was left open, but there was music blasting through the open space.

...meun geurimja nae ane kkaeeona

Neol boneun du nune bulkkochi twinda

Geunyeo gyeoteseo modu da mulleona

“It’s the EXO sunbaes,” Seoyun whispered. I peeked through the crack and watched them. The others soon looked as well. “Boo,” someone said. We all turned around and found our dance teacher. “Those boys are still practicing even though I told them to take a break. I’ll go kick them out right now,” she said. We watched from the door as she shouted at them.

“I thought I told you to take a break! Get out of the room! Go!” she shouted at them in fury. The sunbaes hurriedly picked up their bags and ran out of the room.

BAM!

Chanyeol-sunbae’s bag hit my arm and knocked me back a step. “Oh, sorry,” he mumbled as he ran to catch up with his friends.

“Warm up and start stretching! We’ll start doing the stage version of Trap of Love in 5 minutes,” Inyoung-seonsaengnim ordered.

“Yes!” we chorused. After 5 minutes of splits and r

Please log in to read the full chapter