When We First Met

When We First Met

A/N: Since I am only starting asianfanfics, I'm still trying to put images of my edits I did for this story. For now, I suggest for my viewers to visualize a very handsome Kyu^^

 

 

The Beginning of "When We First Met"

 

Henry POV

   "A South Korean Kpop music agency wanted me to audition. "Should I?" She asked, curious. 

   "Who?" It isn't SM Entertainment, is it?

    " I'm not very sure." Kristen thinks for a minute. "Something. I'll tell you once I win!" She smiles. I smirk. "What about your parents? Two CEO's of Fortune 500 companies having a daughter as a celebrity? Highly unlikely."

   She sighs. "They're upset. But it's not likely that I will get in." Kristen argues, working on her master college applications. I'm not worried that she won't pass. She's guaranteed to win. Overworked, she yawns and  her eyes close. Panicked, she quickly drinks her coffee and I sigh. "Stop thinking about it. Focus on Parsons, okay? I've got to meet the guys."

   She nods and goes back to work. I wave goodbye and call my manager. 

   "Can you tell me when SM Auditions are?"

   "An exclusive audition for a couple of people is going to happen in a few days. It's going to be at the same place where you and some of SJ-M are going for that fanmeet, remember?"

   Maybe I'll see Kristen then. 

 

Kristen POV

AUDITION DAY

   I wake up and run to my closet. I open the large doors and groan at the huge selection of clothes. I walk in and look around. Quickly grabbing my phone, I check the weather. Chilly. I grab a white cashmere sweater and a red skirt. 

   Finally putting everything on, I stand in front of my mirror and sigh. I brush and braid hair and tie it with a black ribbon. Then, I look through my socks and shoes. Sliding on tube socks and red kitten heels. For jewelry, I put on a red necklace with ruby beads.

   Finishing up and about to head out the door after doing my morning routine, I get my violin. 

   Hailing a taxi, I drive to the SM Audition location, an auditorium. 

   Walking up the steps, I hear screams of girls and I quickly look behind me. For a minute I thought saw Henry. My eyes are weird. Sighing, I forget about Henry and look at the building. This is SM. Where all the celebrities are. 

   Going inside, I wait for my audition. Until I didn't wait. "Kristen Chen. Follow me."

   A woman leads me to a hallway to the auditorium. I have five minutes of practice. I prepare, tune, and warm up my violin and fingers. Controlled breathing. One, two, three. "Kristen. Please come out."

   I walk out into the mile out the stage and four judges stand right before me. One, two, three.

 

Kyuhyun POV

   I look through the balcony area, tired from going through all of the fans so early in the morning. I watch the auditions until I see her. Long black hair covers the eyes from my angle, until she shows her face. Pale and beautiful. Henry sits next to me and hands me water. He drinks his water until I hear him choking. My eyes immediately avert to him. Patting his back, he sighs. Muttering something quiet, I start to get suspicious. "Do you know her?" 

   Henry laughs. "She's my cousin."

   My eyes widen and I look at the girl one more time. She's speaking with the judges. 

   "What's your name?"

   "Kristen Chen."

  "What do you plan to perform for us?"

   "I play the vilion."

   She positions to play and soft music comes out. Henry laughs. Then, high sounds of the violin were clear and soft. It was amazing. Looking to Henry, I sigh. "She's too good to be your cousin."

   We stay quiet for the rest of the audition as I watch how I get amazed by each thing she says. "I'm eighteen and I'm almost finished with my college degree." "I was a model for American brands across the country." "I can play the violin, harp, flute, saxophone, and piano." "I know fluent Chinese, English, French, Spanish, Cantonese, and Taiwanese."

   Henry sighs. "There isn't one thing she's holding back,  is she?" He mutters, quiet.

   I look at him. Then her. "I still don't see the resemblance at all."

   "Are you sure? I mean, I'm good at instruments and languages. We have the same smile and my sister looks like her." Henry laughs. "You like my cousin. Oh my god, you like my cousin."

   "What? No! I haven't even met her before!"

   "She's off-limits anyway," Henry remarked.

   Off-limits?

   "Why? Does she have a boyfriend?" Oops. Henry laughs and Eunhyuk sits in between us. "Why are you-?"

   He sees Kristen Chen. "So who is she?"

   "One of our future trainees, hyung." Henry pats Eunhyuk's back and leaves. I look at Kristen one more time. Her eyes are dark brown and so deep I thought if I looked into them I would drown. Her face is pure and fresh as a raindrop.

   "Why is Henry is so sure she'll get in?"

   "Come on guys, we've got to go," our manager announces and we move. I look at her one last time. Or not. I will definitely see her again. 

 

Kristen POV

   I go home to my parents sitting on our front porch. When was the last time that happened? I sigh and they smile.

   " We've been thinking, your mother and I." Dad gestures me to sit down across from them and one of our maids hand me a glass of sparkling water. I say thank you and my mom starts speaking. "Kristen, you're extraordinary and selfless and more than we could've asked for. We dreamed of you having your own business and thriving and living the successful life. But that was the only way we saw it. Ever since you were young, we'd tell you to study hard and focus on your goals. Unfortunately those aren't the goals you've wanted. They were embedded into your brain by us. That's our biggest mistake."

   "We never saw it any other way of you being successful. We didn't see you as a singer. We saw you as a prodigious fashion marketer." My dad starts crying and I sit there, frozen. Are they really saying this or am I dreaming?

   "But you can still be successful in your own way. We accept the fact that you want to do things like become a celebrity and just not do every little thing we tell you."

   Tears start to well up in my eyes and I quickly run to them and hug their necks. "I'm so happy that you accept it now," I laugh and kiss their cheeks.

   "I love the idea of you being beautiful and loved by the world for your talents, " Dad laughs and I sigh. "Not yet," I sit back down and Mom looks and me with raised eyebrows. I know what they mean.

   "But I will be." 

 

Victoria POV

   "Everybody, we'll have an exclusive trainee coming in. Scouted and was immediately considered the best and we're glad we found her. Her name is Kristen Chen. A foreigner raised in America but from Taiwan. We must give her a good impression of our reputation." The company meeting ends and I leave with Krystal.

   "Kristen Chen," Krystal murmurs under her breath. "What's so special about her?"

   I shrug my shoulders. "I guess we'll see soon, won't we?" I wrap my arm around her neck and we walk to our cars. It's been a long night.

   We walk by and someone pushes me into Krystal.

   I almost scream until I saw the jawline. It's Eunhyuk. "Are you okay?" Eunhyuk smiles and I nod. He waves goodbye and I wave back.

   I think I may be falling way too fast for him.

 

Kristen POV

TWO DAYS LATER

   As I go up in the elevator, my palms sweat. Eww, that's gross. I'm not usually this scared. But, me, in a different country? Practically mute because I can't speak? About to become a celebrity? Where's Henry when I need him? He said he was busy, like always.

   As soon as the elevator doors open, someone waits for me. He says something and smiles.

   My body freezes and my mind has the feeling of cocking its head to the side like a confused puppy. However I don't dare top do that. Korean sounds... different from all of my other secondary languages.

   A woman comes up beside him and she smiles. "Kristen,  come with us."  Korean-English translator. With a name tag. Her name is... Kang HyHana.

   I smile and bow. Reading Korean Manners at 6 A.M.in the morning pays off.

   "We are happy that you could join our company. You're talented and we need someone like you."

   "Thank you." I smile and then they stop in front of a conference room door.

   "Ready?"

   I nod nervously as she pushes open the doors and a crowd of people await.

   This is SM.

   My first visual that drills into my mind is of a pale masculine face. I'll know who he is soon enough.

 

~END~

A/N: How was it? I plan to make all of my chapters 1000 words or more since I'm only uploading one chapter per week on one story. That means I hope to upload more in the near future... but first I got to find out how to upload photos from my phone! Bye~♡