Under The Mistletoe

Love Games & Consequences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 25th; Christmas morning

Yixing woke up, only to find himself sleeping on an empty bed. He got up and hurried outside the bedroom, curious as to where Tao and Kris had gone. What he found couldn't stop from smiling so wide.

Kris and Tao were building the train set that Kris got Tao for Christmas. He felt so happy seeing Tao so happy while bonding with his father. Kris looked every bit like a dad as Yixing watched him take pieces and put them together. The father and son duo looked like they were having so much by simply just spending time together. 

Yixing cleared his throat to let the two know of his presence. The father and son looked up at Yixing, and Tao immediately ran up to him to give him a hug. "Papa, daddy is helping me build my new train!" Tao said, his voice full of excitement. Yixing picked his son and kissed his cheek before smiling at his son. 

Kris watched Yixing and thought how cute Yixing looked in the morning with his morning face. "Good morning." Kris greeted, a little jealous that he wasn't given a morning kiss like his son. 

Yixing looked at Kris and greeted him a good morning. "What would you like for breakfast?" Yixing asked looking at Tao and Kris. "Coffee is fine." Kris responded. Tao, inspired by his dad's actions, tried to copy him. "Coffee is fine." Tao said while trying to copy Kris' smile towards Yixing. 

Kris and Yixing laughed at their son's cute antics."Taozi, you're too young to drink coffee." Kris told Tao. Tao pouted and "hmphed" before telling his papa that he would like to have hot chocolate with lots and lots of marshmallows instead. Yixing went to the kitchen afterwards, leaving the father and son back to building their train.

Yixing filled the kettle with water and set on the stove to boil. He took out two mugs and Tao's favourite Iron Man mug from the cupboard and filled two with coffee, the other hot chocolate powder. He found it quite strange to be preparing for three this time being so used to only preparing breakfast for Tao and himself. But as he looked onto the three mugs, the image somehow felt right and comfortable. Yixing smiled and poured the boiling water into the three mugs and set them on the table. He went back to the living room and called the father and son duo.

The three of them were sitting in the kitchen, sipping their beverages and enjoying the easy atmosphere. Kris smiled at Tao as the boy devoured the strawberries Yixing sliced for him.

"Oh, I almost forgot. Tonight is the dinner at my parent's house. Is that okay?" Kris asked. Yixing smiled and nodded. Kris' heartbeat rose at seeing Yixing's smiling face. Yixing has been smiling frequently with him now and was a lot more comfortable than before, which was a good sign of progress to their relationship.

"I have things I need to do in the office so I'll leave after Tao and I finish building the train. I'll come back around 5 p.m. to pick you up, is that alright?" Kris asked. "Yeah, we'll be ready by then." Yixing nodded.

After finishing the last touches to the train, Kris left and kissed a crying Tao goodbye, promising the little boy that he would be back to later. Tao kept crying and held onto his daddy for awhile before falling asleep in Kris' arms. Kris handed Tao to Yixing before saying goodbye. Yixing laid Tao down on his bed and then went back to the living to clean up the gift wrappings from the night before. After seeing that everything was cleaned, he sat down in the living room thinking what to present to give Kris' parents. 

He completely forgot about buying their present and was now in panic. He didn't want to offend Kris' parents by going without having a present, but he also didn't know what they would like. In turn, Yixing got Tao's baby albums and chose some pictures and set it on an empty album, hoping Kris' parents would like Tao's baby pictures as a present.

At 5 o'clock exact, Kris came knocking on Yixing's door. Yixing rushed to get the door and opened it up to see Kris looking handsome in a dark blue button up shirt and black dress pants. Kris came in finding a cute looking Yixing in his white button up and dress pants holding Tao's socks. 

"Come on in. I just need to put Tao's socks and shoes on and then we can leave." Yixing informed as he went back to Tao's bedroom to finish dressing his son. After a few minutes, Tao came running out and jumped into Kris, hugging his daddy. Yixing came out after wear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter