Chapter 3

Can’t Let You Go

A/N1: Wow! I just like to say to the readers of this fic... Sorry for not being able to update this after years. I sort of forgot that I have an aff account. T_T

--

Satoshi kept on dreaming about him and Nino for days.

Satoshi always woke up crying. It has been two weeks since he was confined and everything was just coming back to him, slowly but painfully.

~***~

“I can’t seem to finish this race!” Satoshi complained, “It’s so difficult!"

Nino laughed out loud. He stomped his feet on the floor as he watched Satoshi play Mario Kart in his DS. Satoshi’s face almost looked green with effort in pressing the keys of the console.

“Give it to me!” Nino snatched away the game console from Satoshi’s hands.

He restarted the game and showed Satoshi how he usually beat the other characters in the game. After moments of playing, Nino shouted victory.

“Yeah!”    

Satoshi gave Nino a bear hug as he showed affection to his lover. “I’m not good at this but you seem to enjoy my torment.”

“Aw, no I am not!” Nino pouted his lips.

Satoshi kissed Nino on the lips lovingly. “I’m just kidding. I love you.”

“I love you, too.” Nino replied, showing his sweetest smile that was only for him.

~***~

Nino was playing his DS when Jun entered the house.

“Hey!” Nino acknowledged Jun’s arrival, still looking intently at his game.

“Hey!” Jun replied, dropping his bag on the floor and changing his shoes and slipping into his comfortable slippers. “Have you eaten dinner?”

“Not yet.”

“Do you want ramen?”

“Sure.”

“Dress up. Let’s go to the nearest ramen house.”

Nino paused his game, “Alright, but I still have to finish this one.”

“Come on! I still need to wake up early for tomorrow,” Jun protested, “And Satoshi’s going to be released tomorrow as well.”

Nino looked up to Jun. “Really?”

“Yes,” Jun replied, “He called me earlier.”

Nino suddenly felt down. “Why did he call you and not me?”

“He said that he wanted to surprise you.”

“Why?”

“Just.”

“Just?”

“Oh, come on, Nino!” Jun complained, “You’ll know why when you get there. So, hurry up!”

~***~

Nino was so nervous when he reached the hall where Satoshi’s room was at. His hands felt sweaty and his heartbeat was racing fast.

He was wearing one of the clothes that Jun lent him. It was a black shirt with some sequins and a pair of cropped jeans. I don’t know why Jun loves black shirts. I feel like I’m going to a funeral party, Nino complained in his mind.

He breathed deeply, feeling his knees wobbling, before he knocked on the door.
Satoshi answered, “Come in.”

Satoshi was standing up, already fixing his things, which were not much: a pair of bedroom slippers that Jun lent him, some of the books that Nino gave him and a couple of shirts.

“Hi, Satoshi,” Nino greeted.

“Hi,” Satoshi replied, still busy packing his things in a bag.

“Do you need some help?” Nino asked, offering his help.

Nino was just standing near the door, torn in staying inside and rushing out of the room. He could feel that his heartbeat was also being heard by the older man, as it beat fast.

Satoshi glanced at Nino and shook his head. “Not really. But I want you to come with me later.”

Nino cocked his head to the left. “Where do you want to go to?”

With his eyes glittering, Satoshi replied, “Let’s go fishing.”

Nino looked perplexed as Satoshi asked him to fish that day.

“Why do want to go fishing?” Nino asked.

“Nothing,” Satoshi replied. “I just want to try and recall my memories.”

Satoshi smiled when he saw that Nino turned red with his answer.

~***~

That afternoon, as he was released from the hospital, Satoshi got his fishing rods and baits from Jun.

“Did you take care of the yacht?” Satoshi asked, taking the equipment from his friend.

Jun shifted his weight to the right as he thought of what his errands were. “I did what you asked. I even told my manager not to call me yesterday, just to finish our business without any delays. Nino doesn’t have any idea what I’m doing as well.”

“I owe you a lot, Jun,” Satoshi admitted, scratching the back of his head.

Jun chuckled. “It’s alright. At least you didn’t stay with me and just played DS all day long!”

Satoshi grinned as he said, “Thanks for taking care of Nino.”

The two friends walked away separately as Satoshi went to meet Nino in the harbor while Jun had to get back to his filming.

~***~

Nino fell unsettled as he walked onto the familiar harbor. This was where the yacht that they sailed on long ago had docked. His knees were turning jelly as he neared the place where Satoshi said would meet him.

He could smell the ocean breeze as the gust blew his hair. He spotted Satoshi a mile away since he was standing out with his stature and elegance. As Satoshi neared him, he could see the smile that he loved.

“Nice weather, right?” Satoshi commented.

Nino chuckled, relieving Satoshi’s hand from the baits. “Yes. It’s a good weather for fishing.”

“Are you ready?” Satoshi asked.

“Ready when you are,” Nino replied as they walked into the yacht.

~***~

They entered the yacht and dropped their fishing equipment near the boom. Satoshi then asked Nino, “Do you still remember the first thing that you said to me?”

Nino’s eyes widened, “Ye-es. Why?”

“Because I do, too.”

“What do you mean?” Nino asked, eyes widening even more.

“I remember everything already, Nino,” Satoshi confessed. “I remember that I loved you the first time you beat me in Mario Kart,” Satoshi touched Nino’s face with the back of his hand, “and the first time you kissed me, felt like heaven.”

“Really?” Nino asked, eying Satoshi curiously.

“Yes,” Satoshi replied, “Since I had dreams about you, I knew that my memories were coming back,” Satoshi stopped to cup Nino’s chin with his hand, “and so, I want to make more memories with you.”

Nino’s eyes watered. “I love you, Satoshi.”

“I love you, too.”

Satoshi moved closer and caught Nino’s mouth with his, sealing their love forever.

~~~

A/N2: And that’s all folks! I really enjoyed writing this fic and I hope that you liked the ending. It’s a bit cheesy but, *shrugs* it’s Ohmiya! I love cheesy Ohmiya fics.
Thank you for reading and please do comment! ^^