Chapter 1

Can’t Let You Go

A/N: Yey! I’ve started with the fic already! I know that it’s been months since I wrote but, here I am and I hope that I’ll be more active.
This is an Ohmiya fan fic. You know, I really enjoy writing Ohmiya fics. I dunno why but it fills me with euphoria. (If you’re unsure what euphoria means, it is excitement but more of mixed emotions as well)
Comments? :D

~~~

Nino and Satoshi were in their kitchen. They were cooking some food for lunch. They had been sharing the house for already six months now. Everything had been great when suddenly a fire happened. They had forgotten that they placed a chicken in the oven.
The fire scattered fast into the entire kitchen that they had to escape from the house. They were already outside when Satoshi realized that he had left his fishing equipment inside. “I need to get my gear back!”
Nino held Satoshi’s hand firmly. “We can buy new ones. We should call the fire department for now.”
Satoshi didn’t budge. He tugged his hand away from Nino’s. “I will just get it. It’ll be fast. I’ll be back before you know it!”
With resolve, Satsohi rushed back to the burning house. The only thing that was on his mind that time was the fishing equipment that he had bought years ago as he started having the hobby.
Nino screamed at the top of his lungs, “Come back here! You’ll get burned!”
Still, Satoshi didn’t listen to the younger man’s shouts as he entered the house on fire. With all the debris falling down, he covered his head with his arms. The smoke was quickening to fill his lungs making him choke. These didn’t stop him in pursuing what he wanted.
Eyes squinted, preventing the smoke and fire from entering them; he went to the basement where he kept all his equipment. Immediately, he could feel the heat rising as he went down. Spotting all his equipment, he first took the fishing rods then the baits.
I can’t breathe. Satoshi thought as he tried to run back to Nino’s waiting arms.
As continued to run, the whole structure of the house crumbled down. The fire blazed and one of the pillars came crushing down on his body.

~***~


Nino felt that he had been waiting for years. He walked back and forth, pacing outside the burning house. As the time ticked, he felt that something was wrong. His instincts went over him and he ran towards the burning house.
The entrance to the house was already trapped with burning wood and furniture. He pried open the door until the things that were blocking it gave way. He covered his nose and mouth with his right hand and went in. All he could see were the blazing tongues of fire, engulfing their most prized possessions.
He took time to get near the basement door when he spotted Satoshi’s body lying in the middle of chaos. He realized that heavy pillars were pinning his lover’s lower body down onto the floor. He tried to lift one but it was no use, it was too heavy for him to carry.
“It’s alright,” Satoshi said. “Get out of here. Save yourself.”
Nino shook his head. “No! I will get you out of here alive!”
“Come closer,” Satoshi instructed.
As Nino did so, their lips went in contact. They kissed deeply. It was as if it was their last time to see each other. And slowly, Satoshi lost consciousness. Nino tapped Satoshi’s face, hoping that he would wake up but there was no response. This made him panic.
“Satoshi, wake up!” Nino pleaded to the unconscious body. Nothing happened.
As he tried his best to lift some of the light rubble around Satoshi, he heard someone calling outside of the house, sirens blaring in the background. “Nino! Oh-chan!”
“Ju-un?” Nino recognized the voice. “We’re inside! We’re inside!” Nino shouted, screaming with all his energy.
In moment’s time, Jun was already inside the crumbling house along with some of the fire fighters. They rescued Satoshi and carried him in a gurney, towards the ambulance that they were with.
Jun tapped Nino’s shoulder reassuringly. “Don’t you worry, he will be alright.”
They followed the ambulance, as it brought Satoshi to the nearest hospital, on Jun’s car. Nino was quiet all the way and Jun just kept silent, knowing that talking would not make things better for his friend.


~***~

As the doctors revived Satoshi into consciousness, he coughed and wheezed a lot. The doctors recommended that he should stay in bed and rest. They put him on oxygen to help his breathing. When the doctors said that visitors were allowed to come in, Nino ran into Satoshi’s arms and hugged him.
However, it was not the reaction that he had expected. Satoshi pushed him away and asked, “Who are you?”
Nino stared at the older man. “Satoshi, it’s me, Nino!” He gestured with his hands, pressing them on his chest.
“Who are you?” Satoshi repeated. “Where am I?”
Nino couldn’t believe in what he was hearing. He didn’t want to think at what it was going to be. But as he kept on insisting and asking about who he was and what had happened earlier, he grasped the situation: Satoshi doesn’t remember who he was.
His eyes felt misty and tears fell. He didn’t know what to do. Bit by bit, things went out of hand and he cried in front of the person that he fell in love with.


TBC