Minho's Thoughts 6

Blueberry Stars

 

 

After his exams were over Minho had several days off, he had even called in from work, to take some time to enjoy his free time.  Thoughts about the boy, and how he had stopped coming in seemed to fade less and less.  It was only on Thursday when he was standing in front of the cold oven with an empty mind that he seemed fully reminded of it. He bent down and opened the oven door and the cold feeling in his chest froze back over in an instant.  Pushed back in the corner of the dark oven was the fritter he had made several weeks ago, tucked away for the boy that had never come back. 

 

Suddenly, Minho felt sick, frustrated and angry all at once, and had the urge to leave the kitchen. He didn't want to cook, he didn’t want to go through his day and wait for 4 o'clock to come and go and wonder if the boy was okay, if he was ever coming, back, or if something bad really did happen, or wonder why he cared so much anyways. 

 

He remembered how agitated the boy had been the last time he saw him. So many possible things could have happened to him, and Minho would never know. It wasn’t his business to know, but he wanted to. But as Minho took the rock hard little cake out of the oven and threw it away he hoped with all his might that even if he never saw the boy again, that he was at least okay. 

 

 

 

 

(A/N; I hope you guys are using the bookmark tag for this story because I really have no plan for how many chapters I add at a time lol.

 

Anyways, for those readers who work retail, do you ever imagine what your regular customers are like outside of where you see them?  I have worked several places and I have few people I will never forget, because they were so interesting, even though I never interacted with them more than through a check out stand.)