Sketches of the Past.

The Day I Saw the Rainbow in the Sky.

 

Chapter Two: Sketches of the Past

"It has been five years since that day. He has changed a lot during those years. Myungsoo, when will I be able to reach my feelings for you?"


Shin Hye's POV

Spring 2011

The cold breeze of the wind swayed the branches back and forth along with the astonishing flowers on the ground. Green and red leaves were scattered everywhere, which were being played on by little children in the street. "It is Spring again," I murmured to myself as I entered the school gate. The wind blew its cool breeze while leaves started to dance. A smile was formed on my face until I saw him.

My smile faded away from my face and a frown appeared as my eyes witnessed another devastating scenery in front of me. Myungsoo was flirting again with a random girl. "He changed a lot," I whispered under my breath as I closed my eyes, to avoid being hurt again. My feet quickly dragged me to my homeroom class. Fortunately, class started soon but Myungsoo was now where in sight. I let out a heavy sigh. "Is he with that girl? He ditched class again," I mumbled softly while my heart was breaking into pieces.

"Before I forget, Ms. Han, I'll talk to you after class," Mrs. Cha announced during the class. I nodded my head slightly and continued on writing notes. After a few minutes, the school bell has been heard in the entire school, as an indication the classes already ended. I immediately went to Mrs. Cha's office. Soo after I arrived, she looked at me straight  into my eyes and silence permeated the room.

She sighed hard. "Ms. Han, you are doing well in school. You are one of my best students. I heard from the head office that did not pay your fees. I know that you have a hard time since your parents died. But, I hope that you can understand. If you did not pay your fees until next week, you need to drop out in this school. I am sorry," she explained with pity on her eyes. I shyly nodded my head. "Yes, I understand. Sorry for the trouble," I bowed and excused myself.

After leaving her office, tears started to form in my eyes. "How can I pay those fees? I need to work harder," I uttered while looking outside the window. After a few minutes, tears rolled down on my cheeks. I wiped them away and walked towards my next class with a very heavy heart.


Soon after school ended, I took a glance on my notebook and checked my schedule.

JOBS TO DO:

4:00-5:00  Work in the Coffee Shop

5:00-6:00  Work in the Bakery

6:00-7:00  Work in the Ice Cream Store

8:00-9:00  Work in the Gasoline Station

9:00-11:00 Work at Ahjumma's Dukkboki shop

11:00-12:00 Do homeworks

 

A heavy sigh escaped from my mouth as I finished reading. "I better get started," I said to myself as I headed towards the Coffee Shop. While walking, I noticed a familiar figure in the alley. It was Myungsoo and he was with another girl this time. They seemed so attached with each other as they hugged tightly while giggling and doing other things. I closed my eyes again in dismay. "It has been five years since that day. He has changed a lot during those years. Myungsoo, when will I be able to reach my feelings for you?," I mumbled as a tear fell on my face. 

 

"If I did not pay my fees, I may not see him again. I need to work harder," I sobbed while walking away from them. 


 Next Chapter: Saving a Stranger