Getting Sick

The New Kid

Warning: An eensy bit of


It was Saturday, a week after Kyungsoo arrived, and Jongin and Kyungsoo hadn't gotten any closer. Any attempts Jongin made to heal his relationship with Kyungsoo were foiled. By himself of course. It didn't help that Kyungsoo was especially busy with school recently and couldn't come to the movie night with him, Chanyeol and Sehun that day. After the movie, they decided to go shopping for a gift to Kyungsoo, since he couldn't come. They lost track of time, and by the time they finished watching the movie, shopping and eating their dinner, six hours had already passed. When they reached home at eleven the were shocked to see a drenched Kyungsoo sitting beside the door, sneezing constantly. "Whoa, Kyungsoo, you okay?" Chanyeol called out worriedly. He ran towards Kyungsoo and felt his forehead. "," he cursed, "he's burning up. Jongin help me!" Kyungsoo mumbled weakly, "Don't worry, I won't die or anything." Chanyeol grumbled. "We don't know that, now do we? Jongin, open the damn door now!" Jongin nodded and fumbled for his keys before unlocked the door and opening it wide. Chanyeol squatted down before lifting Kyungsoo up, bridal-style, grunting. He carried him easily to their shared bedroom and was about to gently put him onto the bed, before he realised that Kyungsoo was drenched. "We have to give you a shower first, hmm?" He carried him the the bathroom and carefully set him on his feet. "I'll help you shower, it's dangerous by yourself when you're like this," Chanyeol said, but Kyungsoo just waved him off. "I can shower by mysel-" he was cut of when he slipped on the wet tiles. He felt a pair of arms catch him before he hit the floor, and he looked up to see a grinning Chanyeol. "You were saying?"

 

Chanyeol's own clothes were getting wet as he rubbed shampoo on Kyungsoo's hair while sitting on a stool. Kyungsoo had decided to sit on the floor and lean again the wall, too tired to stand. It's really soft, Chanyeol mused as he started washing the shampoo off with lukewarm water. He had to admit, Kyungsoo was pretty damn attractive. As he saw the water cascade down Kyungsoo's milky skin, he gulped. Kyungsoo looked up at him with his big doe eyes, and he felt his heart begin to beat rapidly. "Is something wrong?" Kyungsoo asked curiously and Chanyeol shook his head. "N-no, everything's fine." He grabbed a bottle of soap, poured a bit into his hands and lathered it before rubbing it over Kyungsoo's body. He was rubbing it over his back when he noticed Kyungsoo squirming uncomfortably. He chucked and teased, "Awww...Is Kyungie shy~?" Kyungsoo glared at him. "No! I'm just...not used to this," he mumbled. Chanyeol smiled. "Just imagine I'm your parents or something." Kyungsoo looked away. "My parents never did this though..." "What?" Chanyeol asked in shock, "What about when you were little? I'm sure they did." Kyungsoo cleared his throat awkwardly. "Um...I had a wet nurse? My parents had to work overseas then as well." Chanyeol frowned. Some parents they are. "Well then, I'm gonna pamper as much as I want then!" he declared. Kyungsoo giggled, giving him a weak smile. "Thank you, but when can we get out? I'm feeling really dizzy..." "Oh my god your fever! , how could I forget..." he muttered as he frantically dried Kyungsoo with a towel before leading him out. He looked through Kyungsoo's still unpacked bags for something to wear but other then shirts and jeans (which he deemed inappropriate for the situation) all he found was underwear, which he passed to Kyungsoo to put on himself. He picked the smallest sweater and track pants from his wardrobe, which he considered to be appropriate fever-wear. He could barely hold in his laughter when Kyungsoo put them on, the sweater pratically falling past both his shoulders as he tried to stuff his hands throught the sleeves and a quarter of his trackpants dragging along the floor. He helped roll up the sleeves and the pants, somehow managing to keep the outfit together. Chanyeol thought Kyungsoo looked absolutely cute and cuddly, Kyungsoo thought Chanyeol was trying to make him look smaller on purpose and gave him a good whack in the stomach. Chanyeol just returned it with a silly grin.

 

Jongin and Sehun were waiting worriedly in the living room. Sehun paced impatiently, walking around the table in circles. He planned to stop when Jongin asked him too, but he should have expected that Jongin, being his socially awkward self, would kick him in the shin first and then ask him to stop while he was writhing on the floor in pain. He hissed as he tried to get up, but instead hit his head on the underside of the table and let out a girly shriek before falling to the floor again. Jongin stared at him. "Don't judge me!" Sehun shouted, his voice muffled by the floor mat. "How can you even see me?" Jongin questioned. "I can't," Sehun replied, still on the floor, "But I can feel your judging eyes burning into me!" Jongin just stared. "Dammit Jongin I can feel it getting stronger." He sighed. "Just get up." "But it's comfortable..." Sehun whined. Jongin rolled his eyes. Just then, Chanyeol came out of his room. "How's Kyungsoo?" Sehun shouted before banging his head against the table again. He put in extra effort not to shriek like a girl and hissed in pain. Chanyeol and Jongin looked at each other and rolled their eyes. "I can feel the eye roll guys, stop!"

 

They measured Kyungsoo's temperature, getting at 39°C reading. "Omona it's a high fever!" Sehun exclaimed. Chanyeol nodded. "He'll have to rest for a while. We have fever medicine in the fridge, I'll go get it." He went to the kitchen before returning with a bottle of fever medicine, a tiny measuring cup and a bottle of warm water. "Kyungsoo," Chanyeol cooed, "you'll have to sit up for a bit, I need to feed you some medicine." Kyungsoo groaned as Chanyeol shook him gently. He sat up with the help of Jongin and Sehun. He blinked a few times and rubbed his eyes. "What?" he finally said. Chanyeol smiled at him as he poured the medicine into the tiny cup. "Open up," he called and Kyungsoo obediently opened his mouth as Chanyeol carefully fed him the medicine. Kyungsoo's face scrunched up adorably at the bitter taste. Sehun giggled and Jongin opened the water bottle and gently tipped the water down his throat. "We should leave him to rest," Chanyeol said. Just as the words were out, Sehun immediatly protested. "No! I'm staying with Kyungsoo."Jongin nodded. "I think it's better if we stay." Chanyeol sighed. "Okay then, but we have to go to Baekhyun's party tomorrow." "Oh that, I almost forgot," Sehun said. "You didn't almost forget, you did forget," Jongin piped up. "Shut up."

 

The next day, they woke up to the sound of Kyungsoo's alarm. Gee Gee Gee Gee~ Chanyeol groaned. "SNSD? Really?! First Baekhyun, now you?" Kyungsoo made an incoherent noise. Jongin and Sehun woke up. "Is that SNSD?" Sehun asked sleepily. Jongin opened his eyes. "Is that SNSD?" he asked. They both got up and started to dance in sync. Kyungsoo stared at them with bleary eyes and clapped like a seal when it ended, giggling. "How were we?" Sehun asked. Kyungsoo continued giggling. "What's so funny?" he asked. The giggles turned into full-out laughter. "What?! What did I do?" Sehun shouted. Jongin and Chanyeol shrugged. When Kyungsoo seemed to have calmed down, Chanyeol asked softly, "Are you okay?". And Kyungsoo started laughing like a madman again. Chanyeol looked at the clock. "! Baek's party starts in an hour!" Sehun groaned. "Let's go get ready while Kyungsoo calms down." They ran into their rooms and changed as fast as they could and Chanyeol kept an eye on Kyungsoo while he changed. When Sehun and Jongin came back, the found Kyungsoo giggling into the pillow. When he saw Sehun and Jongin, he started laughing harder, clutching his stomach. "," Sehun concluded, "he's gone mad."

 

"Guys, I don't think we can leave him at home," Chanyeol said. Kyungsoo had stopped his laughing spree, but he still had a high fever and he didn't seem to be in his right mind. "I'm fineeeee~" Kyungsoo insisted. "I'm perfetly capableeeeeee~" To prove exaclty how capable he was, he started talking to the cupboard. "Chanyeol I'm hungry.....Can you make breakfast for me?" he asked a wooden shelf. Chanyeol who was sitting on the nearby couch raised his eyebrows. "Uh, sure," he replied anyway. "Thank you!" Kyungsoo exclaimed, hugging the cupboard. "Jongin, do you think he's okay?" he whispered. "I'm pretty damn sure he's gone insane." Jongin sighed. "I'll stay at home. You guys go to the party." "You sure?" Chanyeol asked. "Yeah."

 

As Sehun and Chanyeol were about to leave, they heard a crashing sound in the kitchen. Kyungsoo was throwing a wok at the kitchen door as Jongin stood at the side helplessly. "I will not conform to social norms!" he shouted at the pull sign on the door. "I will push you open, whether you want me to or not!" Chanyeol and Sehun stared at the scene."I'll call Baekhyun to tell him we can't come," Chanyeol finally said. Sehun whipped out his phone and took a picture.

 

Baekhyun was furious. Chanyeol had called him, telling him that they couldn't come. They were going to miss his birthdy party. Because of some kid. They had been friends for ages, they were like a pack. Along with their other friends, Zitao, Jongdae and Luhan, they were like a family. And now the kid was just barging into their lives. Baekhyun snarled. "Baek, the kid's sick, he can't help it," Luhan said. "But it's my birthday party! And it's so selfish of him to make them miss it." Zitao nodded enthusiastically. "Exactly! Imagine how you would feel if they missed your birthday." Luhan sighed. "Okay, but I think you don't have to get angry kay Baek?"  Baekhyun turned away from Luhan. "Well, it is his birthday," Jongdae piped up. Luhan sighed again.


So...I updated! I'm going for a holiday real soon, so I decided to give one last update! I'll be gone for like half a month. TT^TT Sorry...And I didn't proofread this, sorry for any mistakes...Thank you to all my subscribers and upvoters!!!