Moving In

The New Kid

Jongin could only sigh as he waited for his younger cousin to arrive. He was starting to regret his decision, when the doorbell rang and Jongin groaned. He couldn't be bothered to open the door. Let Sehun do it, that lazy hadn't done anything but play video games today. Unlike Jongin, Sehun was pretty excited about the new kid and Chanyeol just didn't really give a . So that was why when the doorbell rang again, the Sehun who almost never left his room on weekends like these dashed to the door in his pyjamas and opened the door with a huge grin. "Hey~" he greeted happily when he saw the cutie standing at the doorstep. Ooh, this one's really cute... he thought as he eyed the male with plush heart-shaped lips and doe eyes. "Hi..." Kyungsoo said, trailing off awkwardly. "Come in," he chirped happily. Normally, he would put on his pokerface and remain as silent as he could while meeting new people, but he figured since Kyungsoo was going to stay with them for a few years, he might as well get along with him. Plus, he was cute. Kyungsoo gave him a bashful smile and removed his shoes before carrying his bags in. "Just leave the bags in the corridor first, we'll decide who you'll be rooming with later," Sehun instructed, before leading Kyungsoo into the living room where Jongin was resting on the couch and Chanyeol had just walked in with a messy bed head. He stumbled over the mat before plonking down next to to Jongin. Sehun frowned at the large space the two tired men were occupying and pushed them away forcefully. "Move, you fat asses," he grumbled, before squeezing in next to Chanyeol and placing Kyungsoo onto his lap. The couch was originally meant for three people so it would be hard to squeeze Kyungsoo in, especially since Chanyeol and Jongin were too tired to function properly. Not that Sehun minded, he was overly fond of skinship, especially with cute people. And Kyungsoo was definitely cute.

 

Jongin could see Kyungsoo tense up when Sehun pulled him onto his lap and was sitting motionlessly, obviously uncomfortable with Sehun's acts of affection. He felt a slight urge to save the poor kid, he looked comically terrified, with his eyes opened wide and his lips slightly parted. His eyes lingered on those plush lips a little longer than he intended before tearing his eyes away. , he shouldn't be thinking about things like this. He had forgotten about saving Kyungsoo, too absorbed in berating himself when Chanyeol opened his eyes. "Hey..." he mumbled sleepily when he spotted Kyungsoo, smiling tiredly. Kyungsoo gave him a timid smile in return and introduced himself softly, too nervous about Sehun to do anything more. Chanyeol frowned as he understood the situation, shoving Jongin harder and pushing Sehun away forcefully before pulling Kyungsoo off his lap and squishing him in between him and Sehun. "Better?" he asked the obviously relieved Kyungsoo with a brighter grin. Kyungsoo nodded shyly and whispered a soft "Thank you," before cuddling closer to Chanyeol. Sehun pouted at that, Kyungsoo had just met them and he already seemed to like Chanyeol more. Jongin just wanted to wipe that satisfied smile Chanyeol wore while putting his arms around Kyungsoo, maybe if he had acted as the knight in shining armor first, Kyungsoo would like him better. Kyungsoo, however, was oblivious to all this and had gotten sleepy after snuggling against Chanyeol's warm body. His eyes was drooping and he gave a soft yawn before nodding off, leaning against Chanyeol even more. They had to admit, it was pretty adorable, and Sehun and Chanyeol chuckled while Jongin fought to hide his smile.

 

"So," Chanyeol began, "whose room is he going to stay in?" "Mine! Mine!" Sehun called out excitedly. Jongin sighed and shook his head, "Not mine, I don't want to take care of him any more than I have to. It's annoying," he grumbled. Chanyeol frowned at that, why was Jongin being so mean? He was pretty sure Jongin was fond of the kid already, judging by the way the corners of his lips twitched up in a smile just now. "Jongin," Chanyeol chided, "you shouldn't say things like that about Kyungsoo." Jongin scoffed and said, "He is being a burden. And he can't hear us anyway, it doesn't matter." Chanyeol sighed before announcing, "He'll be staying with me then," much to the protest of Sehun. "My bed is larger, plus I have extra space for him to keep his stuff," Chanyeol countered. Sehun sighed in defeat before allowing Chanyeol to carry Kyungsoo to his room. He laid Kyungsoo on the bed as carefully as he could an tip-toed out, closing the door softly. Little did they know, Kyungsoo had heard everything.

 

By the time the weekend was over, Kyungsoo had settled in quite well. Jongin could see that he had gotten closer with Chanyeol and Sehun, but for some reason, he had never approached Jongin. It wasn't to the extent of avoiding him, he still answered all the questions Jongin asked and greeted him everyday, but he never initiated a conversation and took great pains to sit far away from him during dinner. He felt slightly annoyed by this act, but then again, he was never as sociable as Chanyeol or Sehun, so he didn't dwell on it too much. It turns out, though, that Kyungsoo was attending the same college as Sehun and Jongin. Sehun was evidently happy out that, clinging on to Kyungsoo all the way there. Jongn was secretly a bit pleased, but very pissed with how Kyungsoo was behaving. Whenever he had to stand between Sehun and Jongin, he would try to subtly move away. Keyword: try. He couldn't be any more obvious. Jongin sighed.

 

It was okay at first. Jongin was fine with leaving Kyungsoo alone (and admiring him from afar). But now it was just plain irritating. He knew he was, uh, socially inadequate, but really, this was going too far. He told himself that he was perfectly content with the annoying brat ignoring him, and that he was just annoyed that he had to take care of someone who didn't seem to like him for free. Jongin nodded his head. Yep, he thought, that must be it. Which is why, the next morning, he made a cup of coffe for Kyungsoo in an attempt to get closer. But when he saw Kyungsoo sleepily walk into the kitchen, rubbing his eyes adorably, he got so nervous he just sort of drank the entire cup himself. He settled for glaring at Kyungsoo over the rim of the cup. Yeah, socially indaquate. When Kyungsoo gave a cute squeak and scrambled away, Jongin groaned internally. Way to go Jongin, he thought sadly, he loves you even more now.

A/N: I finally updated! It's pretty short, but yeah. And I know most of you aren't Babys, but please vote for B.A.P in the MTV EMA Worldwide Act if you can...