Chapter 3-Coffee and Cigarettes

Under The Rain With You [Multi-Shot]

 


Jung Ah leaned against her usual bus stop pole, foot shaking impatiently as she glanced left and then glanced right. Unlike her last experience at the bus stop, the day was bright. The sky was a beautiful cyan blue in which not a single cloud was in sight, the sun simply shining down on the city, with a wind covering whatever excess heat the sun provided.

Jung Ah wasn’t there for the bus; it wasn’t even her day to take it. But she was waiting for something.

Or someone.

She smiled at the thought of the gentlemanly woman, Kahi, that she’d had the pleasure of bumping into frequently. Jung Ah wondered, was it some kind of sign that they met when it was raining immensely, the pounding of heaven’s tears providing a soundtrack to their conversations?

But no, here she was on a beautiful autumn day, waiting for it to start raining cats and dogs just so she could see a woman that she had met only twice before.

Jung Ah chuckled, just then realized how much of a love-struck teenager she sounded like. She looked to her left once more, seeing various pedestrians carrying on with their daily routine. Some entering the shops and stores that took up that part of the city.

Giving up, she turned in that direction, feeling stood-up even though no one was even supposed to meet her there.

As she walked down the sun-kissed city streets, she unintentionally bumped into someone, causing her and the other party to sprawl out against the concrete.

“Ouch~.”

Motherly instincts kicking in, Jung Ah ignored the slight pain in her right hip and stood up, getting a good luck at the person whom she had ran into.

The girl looked to be no more than 18 or 19; with long honey-colored hair and sly, fox-like eyes that softened once she looked up at who she had run into.

“Are you okay?” Jung Ah inquired, sticking out a hand for the younger girl to take, which she did. Allowing Jung Ah to pull her off of the ground.

“N-Neh, sorry for running into you, unnie.” The young girl said sweetly,

“Oh no it’s fine,! I should have watched where I was going.”Jung Ah smiled, unknowingly charming the girl as she had blushed.

Before either of them could speak, another voice interrupted their conversation from a store next to them.

“Im Nana~, who did you murder this ti-Jung Ah!”

Jung Ah turned towards the voice and her heart immediately fluttered.

Standing in the doorway was a jacket-clad Kahi, her eyes sparkling as the afternoon sun illuminated her flawless skin.

Subconsciously Jung Ah started fidgeting with the end of her jacket as she spoke, ”Oh, hi Kahi. I didn’t expect to see you here.’

“This is the dance studio I told you about,” Kahi said exiting the doorway and coming closer to Jung Ah.”Don’t tell me you forgot about me now did you?”
Jesus Christ.

She was pouting.

Someone just turn my legs to jelly, Jung Ah thought.

“That’s not it, I just didn’t realize I was in front of your studio. And you don’t really look like you’re in dancer’s clothing.”

“I know. I look hotter without it.”

“Right~.”

“Hey!”

“Umm unnie,” The girl, Nana, started, ”I’m sorry to interrupt your flirty little banter here but can I go inside now?”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah go set something on fire.” Kahi said, pushing the girl into the studio without even looking at her.

“Rude.” Nana grumbled as she entered the facility.

“So, Jung Ah,” Kahi said, smiling as she turned towards Jung Ah, ”To what do I owe your lovely presence?”

“Casanova Kahi is alive and well I see.” Jung Ah chuckled, as they both began walking down the street.

“Why of course not, this is how I usually talk.”

“So I’m not special?” Now it was Jung Ah’s turn to pout, and also time for Kahi’s legs to transform to jelly.

“Y-Yes you are! You’re very special.”

Jung Ah smiled, she didn’t actually think teasing the older woman would get such a response, but she was glad that it did.

“So, where are we going?” Jung Ah finally asked, as they turned a corner and the wind brushed her chestnut hair back.

“Well, I was going to a café, I don’t know about you.” Kahi teased.

“Geez. You could at least be a gentlewoman and invite me.”

Accepting the challenge, Kahi stopped in the middle of the sidewalk, taking Jung Ah’s hand.

Before Jung Ah could voice her confusion Kahi raised the other woman’s hand and kissed it lightly, mentally smirking at the flushed look on Jung Ah’s face.

“Madame Jung Ah, would you care to accompany me to the café?”

“Sure.” Jung Ah all but squeaked, her heart nearly popping out of her chest.

“Let’s go then!” Kahi said perkily, as they continued walking down the street.

Jung Ah smiled, not at the sort-of-but-not-entirely cheesy way of being asked on a “date”, but at the fact that they were still holding hands.

-                                                      -                                                          -

They both entered the café not too long later, their entrance being greeted with the smell of fresh coffee, the chatter of its few occupants and a light guitar that was playing smoothly across the speakers.

“Do you want me to order for you?” Kahi asked, as they adjusted to the café’s slight hotter environment, fingers still intertwined of course.

“Sure, I’ll get us a table.”

Jung Ah waltzed through the café and chose an empty booth that bordered a window. As she sat down she gazed admiringly at the beautiful fall scenery. The lone leaves that would fall lazily down from their trees and the colors that settles in gracefully; whether it be the oranges, the red or the yellows.

After a few minutes of scenery-staring she turned back to where Kahi was ordering and could see the cashier shamelessly throwing herself at Kahi.

Unconsciously Jung Ah clenched her fist, not knowing why she felt so angry but she was.

She continued watching the girl (who must have been Nana’s age) throw a flirty smirk here and there or purposely try and expose her cleavage through the barista uniform. Even though there was nothing to show. (A/N OH SNAP, JUNG AH WENT THERE)

Finally, after what seemed like year Kahi came towards Jung Ah’s booth with the cashier’s eyes still trailing after her. Once she note of Jung Ah’s presence, her expression noticeably soured.

Jung Ah smirked in victory.

“So, I got you a caramel coffee, you don’t mind that right?” Kahi said, placing the cup in front of Jung Ah as she sat down.
“Anything you ordered would have been just fine.”

“What if I ordered fried roach?”
“As long as you gave it to me, I’d take it.” Jung Ah said without thinking. Once she realized what she had said, she felt a pool of heat arrive in each of her cheeks.

“I’ll keep that in mind~.” Kahi said, winking as she took a sip of her own coffee.

Jung Ah mimicked her action, mentally slapping herself for always being able to make a fool out of herself when she was around Kahi.

“So, Kahi. Who’s that girl I ran into? Nana?” Jung Ah said, as she swallowed the sweet liquid that warmed .

“Oh she’s one of my students. And my cousin. I let her practice there in her free time. Poor kid, can’t walk without tripping over oxygen. Tsk tsk tsk~.”

Jung Ah chuckled, ”You two seem very close.”

Kahi nodded,” Very. She’s like a daughter to me. “

“How sweet~.”

“No teasing.”

“Damn.”

Kahi chuckled.”You don’t have any younger siblings?”

“Well, remember the fatties I told you about?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, you see-“Jung Ah’s sentence was almost immediately silenced my Kahi’s thumb brushing the corner of her lips.

“Sorry. You had something on your lips.” Kahi mumbled shyly, retreating her finger once the spot was gone.

“U-Uh, well I live with one of my oldest friends; she’s the main fatty. And I also live with my sister, who’s not that much of a fatty.”

“Do you enjoy calling them fatties?”

“As their Umma, I am entitled to those rights.” Jung Ah said as she crossed her arms and smiled slyly. Although to Kahi it came off as cute.

“Touché.”

They both sat in a comfortable silence for a while, the smooth and sensual acoustic guitar making up for any lack of conversation.

Once they finished their coffee Kahi stood and extended her hand for Jung Ah to take, which she did.

Kahi led Jung Ah out of the cafe, holding the door for her so that she could exit. Time had flown by quickly as they had their little chat, for the sun was beginning to set, as a light and hazy orange glow settled around the city.

They stood in front of the dimly lit café as the wind whirled around them.

Jung Ah, for once, was the first to speak,” So, I take it that this is going to be like one of those cliché romantic comedies where you walk me home?”

Kahi scoffed, ”Oh, please. I’ve passed that level already, remember? I think this would be the cliché part where I ask you for your number.”

Jung Ah took this as her time to tease, ”What if I don’t want to give it to you?”

Kahi took a step closer, ”Why wouldn’t you though?”

“Hmmm, I’m not sure.”

“So, do I get it?”

“No.”

Kahi didn’t even try to hide her surprise through her charismatic demeanor, ”B-But why?”

At this moment Jung Ah was already walking away and smiling,” I’ll see you at the usual spot.”

“Wha-, Oh~. The bus stop. But when?”

At this Jung Ah turned around and smiled, a smile that nearly caused Kahi to become blind from how much Jung Ah’s eyes shined when she smiled.

“The next time it rains.”

 

 

 

 

 

=====================================================================

A/N  IT’S ALL OVAH.

I apologize beforehand to anyone who I’ve let down, because I’m really awkward with fluff and verbal affection so yeah, cute and sweet is hard for me to write.

And I'm sorry if this was short and y. Don't pelt me

JungHi is over T_T

Well for now

SUBBIES AND COMMENTERS

ILOVEYOU ♥

I swear, your comments made my day and made me get off of my lazy and type

-virtualhug-

Well, I hope you enjoyed this little one-shot and I’ll try and bring JungHi to life in the future; once I’m done with my other 3 fics.

Oh and Coffee and Cigarettes is just the song that I listened to that got my inspiration back.

Adios~

-Edit-

I'm re-updating this chapter because I think quite a few didn't get this update because of daylight savings time and what not

So yeah, boom

 

Edit 2:

PEOPLE.PEOPLE.PEOPLE

I don't know who, but someone tweeted about this story. I don't know who you are, but I love you

I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW.