Final

Drunk Truth

Baekhyun tossed around on his bed, waiting for Chanyeol to come back. The clock showed 1 o’clock in the morning and Baekhyun still could not sleep. ‘Just where is this giant?’ Baekhyun heaved a heavy sigh and sat up on his bed. He recalled what had happened that evening. 

 

Baekhyun entered his and Chanyeol’s shared bedroom and saw Chanyeol was getting ready to go out. Baekhyun cleared his throat and asked Chanyeol. “Hmm, where are you going, Yeol?” Chanyeol ignored him and kept on fixing his hair. Baekhyun waited for a while, thinking Chanyeol would answer him but he did not get any answers. Baekhyun then went to his bed and sat on it, decided to just play with his phone. Chanyeol glanced towards Baekhyun and just walked towards the door. He opened the door, making Baekhyun turned to him. With his back facing Baekhyun, Chanyeol spoke, “I’m going out with Kai, so don’t wait for me.” He then just walked away, leaving Baekhyun alone in the empty room.

 

Baekhyun sighed for the nth time. Chanyeol had been cold to him since the day where his and Taeyeon’s relationship was published. ‘And it was the day where we had broke up.’ Baekhyun lied down on his back, staring into the white ceiling. Baekhyun swore he had never meant to hurt Chanyeol but he had to. He had to do it and he could not bring himself to explain to Chanyeol. ‘Some things are not meant to be told.’ Baekhyun thought and tried to catch some sleep when the door opened, revealing the slightly stumbling Chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun gasped and rushed towards Chanyeol, catching him before he fell on the floor. Baekhyun put Chanyeol’s arm around his shoulder and s his arm around Chanyeol’s waist, supporting Chanyeol’s weight and led Chanyeol to his bed. “Are you drunk, Yeol?” Chanyeol giggled and pulled Baekhyun closer. “No, Im not..*hicks*.. I miss you, Baek~” Chanyeol whined and pouted his lips towards Baekhyun. Baekhyun chuckled looking at his ex-boyfriend’s antic and sat him up on his bed. “Yeah right, you’re not drunk.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes and kneeled down in front of Chanyeol, between Chanyeol’s parted legs. He leaned forward and tried to sniff Chanyeol’s scent. “You don’t smell alcohol at all. Are you really drunk?”

 

Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun who was leaning towards him into a hug. “No, Im not *hicks* drunk. I told *hicks* you, right?” Chanyeol giggled and put his face in Baekhyun’s hair. Baekhyun gasped when Chanyeol pulled him into a hug, making his face crushed with Chanyeol’s chest. He pulled Chanyeol away and stood up. “Okay, so you’re drunk. You sit here and I’ll go take some clean clothes for you to change.” Baekhyun patted Chanyeol’s head and turned around to go towards the closet. Suddenly, he felt Chanyeol’s arm on his wrist and before he could do anything, Chanyeol pulled him backwards, making him fell straight on Chanyeol’s lap.

 

Baekhyun tried to break free from Chanyeol but with Chanyeol’s arm around his waist and the latter putting his head on his shoulder, he could not do anything. ‘He sure is strong even when he is drunk.’ Baekhyun shook his head and tried to talk to Chanyeol. “Yeol, let me go. I’m trying to help you here.” Baekhyun glanced sideways towards Chanyeol but Chanyeol didn’t move and planted his face on Baekhyun’s shouder. Chanyeol giggled and kissed Baekhyun’s neck. “I miss you, Baek~” Baekhyun tensed up and wriggled in Chanyeol’s arm, trying to get up. “You’re talking nonsense, Yeol. Let me go now.” Chanyeol tightened his arms around Baekhyun while Baekhyun tried to push away Chanyeol’s arms. Baekhyun knew the latter was drunk. If not, he would not even want to talk to him. So, Baekhyun tried his best to break free from Chanyeol so that he would just leave the latter alone.

 

“Why did you choose her, Baek?” Baekhyun stopped moving once Chanyeol asked the question. “W-What a-are you t-talking about, Y-Yeol?” Baekhyun gulped and gasped when he felt his shoulder wet. ‘Is Chanyeol crying?’ Baekhyun just wished he could get up and go to sleep, pretending all of this never happened. But, his wish didn’t come true when he heard Chanyeol’s sad voice. “Am I not good enough for you? Am I not deserved to have you?” Chanyeol was sobbing and crying on Baekhyun’s shoulder. Baekhyun fought the tears that threatening to fall from his eyes. “Y-Yeol, you’re drunk and you’re not thinking straight. J-Just let me go.” Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol’s hands away and got up.

 

Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun’s hand before he could leave him. “I just wanted to know why. Why.. Why did you do this to me?” Chanyeol was now standing and he moved forward towards Baekhyun and giving him a backhug. “Please, Baek~” Chanyeol’s voice was laced with sadness and his sobbing didn’t help Baekhyun to calm down. Baekhyun heaved a heavy sigh. ‘Just tell him, Baekhyun. He’s drunk and he would not remember this conversation at all.’ Baekhyun thought for a while and decided to just tell Chanyeol the truth.

 

With Chanyeol’s head on his shoulder, Baekhyun felt slightly brave to spill the things that he had hid all this while. With shaky voice, “You want to know why I’m with Taeyeon noona? Because of SM. Because of this ing SM.” Baekhyun’s voice was getting shakier as he was holding his tears. He felt Chanyeol tightened his arms, a sign to comfort him. He took a deep breath before continuing. “They knew about our relationship. They asked me to break up with you and make a fake scandal with Taeyeon, fearing people might know about our relationship. They said,..” Baekhyun stopped for a while as he was a sobbing mess for now. Chanyeol tightened his arms and kissed Baekhyun’s head, putting his face in Baekhyun’s hair, knowing he could calm Baekhyun down with that act. “They said if I didn’t agree with that, one of us will have to leave. I.. I cant bear being separated with you, Yeol. I had to agree with them.”

 

Chanyeol turned Baekhyun around so that Baekhyun was facing him. He cupped Baekhyun’s face and his thumb over Baekhyun’s cheeks, wiping the tears away. “Hey, now shhh. Stop crying. I’m here for you. They’ll never separate us even if you don’t agree with them. They’ll never dare to do that.” Chanyeol tried to assure Baekhyun but Baekhyun was shaking his head violently. “No,.. No. They’ll do that. They will. I knew that because.. because they did that to Kris hyung.” Baekhyun was now sobbing on Chanyeol’s chest, wetting the latter’s front shirt. Chanyeol’s eyes went wide.  He pushed up Baekhyun’s chin so he could look into Baekhyun’s eyes. “S-So, Kris hyung had been asked to do this too?” Baekhyun nodded and put his face on Chanyeol’s chest back. “Y-Yeah. He declined so he had to leave the group. He didn’t want to break up with Tao. But.. But, I cant afford to be away from you. I’m not strong like Kris hyung and Tao.”

 

Chanyeol shut his eyes tightly, thinking how fool he was, leaving Baekhyun to handle this matter alone. He ignored Baekhyun when Baekhyun needed him the most. “I..I was such a fool, Baek. I.. I’m sorry for not being there for you.” Chanyeol cupped Baekhyun’s face, looking straight into his eyes. “I love you and I’ll always be.” He leaned down and kissed Baekhyun full on his lips. The kiss was slow, sweet and full of love even though they could feel their salty tears, but they were happy as they could now express how they were missing each other. After some moments, they pulled away and Chanyeol dragged Baekhyun towards his bed. “Sleep with me tonight. You can’t be far away from me anymore.” Chanyeol said while pulling Baekhyun to lay down on the bed. He pulled Baekhyun towards his chest and Bakhyun naturally snuggled closer to him, just like how they used to do. Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Baekhyun tightly, making Baekhyun felt safe and warm in his arms. ‘I wish you’ll not forget this tomorrow, Yeol.’ If and only if Baekhyun looked up at that time, he sure would see the wide grin on Chanyeol’s face.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun stirred in his sleep as he felt the sunlight shone on his face. He fluttered his eyes open and he saw Chanyeol’s cute sleeping face. He smiled and snuggled closer to Chanyeol. But then, he remembered how drunk Chanyeol was last night. ‘He must be not remember what had happened last night.’ Baekhyun sighed and slowly he unwrapped Chanyeol’s arms around his and went down from the bed. As he wanted to step forward, Chanyeol grabbed his wrist. “Where’re you going, babe?” Baekhyun’s eyes widen as he was shocked to hear the pet name. Chanyeol then went down from the bed and stood behind Baekhyun. He turned Baekhyun to face him and cupped Baekhyun’s face. “Don’t you ever think that I’ll forget everything.”

 

Baekhyun blinked rapidly and looked into Chanyeol’s eyes. “But, you were so drunk and you must have forget everything this morning. You should get your hangover and... oh wait, you don’t have any hangover.” Baekhyun squinted his eyes towards Chanyeol, as if judging him. “Park Chanyeol, don’t you say that you were just acting last night.” Chanyeol just shrugged and kissed Baekhyun’s nose. “Well, I’m not acting, just pretending.” Baekhyun’s eyes widen hearing Chanyeol’s words and he then hit Chanyeol’s chest repeatedly. “Yah, you fooled me!” Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun’s small fists in his large hand, preventing him from getting beaten. “Hey, at least you told me the truth, right? If not, we will not be talking like this right now.” Chanyeol raised his eyebrow in playful manner towards Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun hit Chanyeol once again before buried his face on Chanyeol’s chest. “Hmm you’re right.” Baekhyun sighed before continuing, “I’m really sorry for not telling you.” Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Baekhyun’s waist and shook his head slightly. “No, I should be the one who need to apologise because I was not there for you when you needed me.” Baekhyun looked up to Chanyeol and smiled. “Okay, okay. We’re both guilty and now we’re fair and square. Okay?” Baekhyun tilted his head cutely. Chanyeol chuckled and pecked Baekhyun’s lips. “Okay, babe!” Chanyeol smiled before his smile turned into a smirk. He leaned down and whisper in Baekhyun’s ear, “But don’t get too close with Taeyeon noona, or you’ll get punishments. If you understand what I mean.” Baekhyun blushed and hit Chanyeol repeatedly. “Yah, you ert!” Chanyeol just laughed while shielding himself from Baekhyun’s attack.

 

They both now felt relieved to be together again. “I love you, Baek!” Chanyeol said, getting back serious after the fit laughters. “I love you too, Yeol!” Baekhyun said while tip-toe-ing to kiss Chanyeol’s lips. They both smiled into the kiss, happy to be in each other’s arms again. ‘Thanks, Kai! I’ll make sure Kyungsoo’s yours after this.’ Chanyeol thought before grinned widely and looked down at Baekhyun’s face lovingly.

 

 

 

 

 

END

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol and Kai were in the car, heading towards the XOXO Club. Kai was feeling uncomfortable as Chanyeol was not being himself after the news about Taeyeon and Baekhyun. Kai sighed and focused on his driving. Suddenly, TaeTiSeo’s Twinkle was playing on the radio. Before Kai could sing along, Chanyeol pushed the off button, making the car went silent.

 

“Hyung~! Why’d you do that?” Kai whined and glared towards Chanyeol while pouting. “It’s Taeyeon noona’s song and I don’t want to hear it.” Chanyeol crossed his arms on his chest. Kai gasped after he something clicked in his mind and nodded slowly. “Oh, okay. Sorry hyung.” The tension became thicker and everything became dead dilent after that moments just now. ‘Aish, Im getting crazy if hyung’s behaving like this.’ Kai was thinking on how to help Chanyeol when an idea emerged on his mind.

 

“Hyung, do you want Baekhyun hyung back?” Chanyeol snapped his head towards Kai as he heard what Kai had asked. “What are you talking about? He’s with Taeyeon noona now. Don’t give me false hope, can you?” Kai shook his head slightly and ‘tsk’ed. “Hyung, everyone know that Baekhyun hyung loves you so much. I think there’s something that he’s hiding right now. So, why don’t you do something so that he’ll tell the truth?”

 

Chanyeol turned his body towards Kai, giving his full attention to Kai. “ You think he’s hiding something too? I’m thinking the same thing.” Chanyeol’s face went serious. “So, you got any idea?” He asked eagerly. Kai smirked and raised his eyebrows. “Just pretend that you’re drunk and he’ll tell you everything.” Chanyeol’s jaw dropped down. “Are you kidding me?” Kai shook his head confidently. “No, Im not kidding. Just do it and you’ll thank me later.” Chanyeol turned his body towards the front and slowly nodded, still unconvinced by the idea. “Okay, I’ll try it.”

 

Kai grinned and nodded. “Yeah, do it tonight and you’ll be happy tomorrow morning.” He said confidently and grinned widely. “But hyung, don’t forget to hook me up with Kyungsoo hyung after that.” Chanyeol raised his eyebrow towards Kai and shook his head. “Why don’t you just go get drunk and confess?” Kai shrugged and shook his head slightly. “No, I won’t do that.” Kai grinned playfully before saying for the last time, “You’ll thank me later, hyung! Just pair me up with Kyungsoo hyung after you got back with Baekhyun hyung and I’ll be happy.” Kai grinned while Chanyeol just shook his head and mumbled, “We’ll see, we’ll just see.”