Fin

The Fallen Grace

Fin

BGM (Do play to get in the feels) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hBjZUv-jw0

 

“We are always one.”

 

Seohyun lowers her hat and slides the van door, open.

The man sitting in front is about to say something when he feels  the words that are forming in his head are being choked back down by the scene in front of him. Seohyun of SNSD looks miserable at the backseat of the van. Her eyes look puffy, her nose are red.. a proof of hours of sniffling.

Still it wasn’t right.

“Se..”

“Please don’t Haneul oppa. I don’t want to talk now.”

Seohyun slumps on her seat as she closes her eyes… letting all that’s happening right now at the moment. Sink in.

“Come here.” Jessica tapped her lap, offering the maknae to sit on it.

“Unnie, I’m a big girl now. You’re the one who should sit on my lap.”

She feels as her heart is being squeeze until the wetness in it has gone away. The surging feelings that she has been feeling all day in her eyes are screaming to get out. Composure.. she needs.. composure. 

The memories, the dreams…. She remembers it. The fact that they promise themselves not to give up on each other. She squeezes her eyes tightly, her hand clutching her chest. A tear was threatening to fall… and when it falls she hears a voice. A voice that never calls for her anymore.

“Seohyun, you’re in the wrong van.”

She feels extremely humiliated to be caught in such moment of weakness. Without thinking, she bows properly at him, excusing herself mumbling endless sorry as she grabs the door handle.

“Are you okay? I heard the news.”

She stops moving.

Seohyun seeks the source of the concern voice, expectantly hoping for him to look at her in such warmness that only he can give her. And he did. His eyes are prying into her sadness with his dark brown orbs.

She stays there, agape. She doesn’t know what the right word to utter… but then she bursts.

She sniffles.. then it turns into an effort to calm down.. and then it just got worst. The tears doesn’t seem to want to stop embarrassing her in front of him. 

“Jung Yonghwa!” A manly voice echoes, he tries to open the door to the driver seat but then Yonghwa pulls the door back and lock it.

Seohyun quickly get back into her right mind and the sobbing sound turns into hiccups instead.

“I’m sorry.” She looks down on her hand. “I think I should go now. It seems I’m in the wrong van.”

She is about to get up from the backseat when she feels a tighten grip on her wrist. She looks at the panic Yonghwa.

“Tell me more, tell me more… you need to get it down from your chest.”

“I don’t need to.”

“Believe me, you need to. What I saw just now, was you being unprofessional despite having a schedule after this.”

“Your manager hyung keeps on knocking the door.” Seohyun trying to create a reason despite wanting to stay there and be comforted with his concern gaze.

Yonghwa groans as he opens the door and talk to his manager hyung. Seohyun can’t decipher what they were saying but the manager hyung nods and walk away.

Yonghwa enters back the van and didn’t say another word. He just sat there at the front, his eyes occasionally seek for her on the rearview mirror.

“I’m afraid.”

He can hears how her voice are shaking.. and it hurts him.. it hurts him to see her broken like that.

“Why, is it because of the hate comments?” He prods.

She shakes her head softly. “We never reached this point.” She pauses. “Unnie is gone now… she’s leaving us.. I can’t believe this…. I just can’t” Her hands are shaking as she lifts it up to cover her tears stricken face.

He wanted so badly to touch her, to soothe her down with words of comfort, to caress her back and tell her everything is going to be okay.. he’s going to be there for her. He stretches his arm to touch her..

But he can’t.

She seems unreachable for him..

Because they are nothing. So he just stared hopelessly at the broken girl.

“I feel everything that I have built up. My sole drive is breaking… but if I left,  they are still there… wanting to hold each other hands but Sica unnie… she’s gone.” Seohyun lifts up her legs and form a foetus like position as she hugs it, burying her head.

“Even the fans feel it too. We are supposed to bring them joy but what are we doing now? They are dividing and start to choose side. I don’t want this to happen.”

“Why don’t you explain the real situation to the public.”

“I can’t.” She states vaguely.

He wants to ask but he knows better not to.

“I just learned that, no matter how hard you try. When you are powerless… you can’t do anything.”

He hears her loud and clear. Her words sound so broken and wrong coming out from her.

“I have the other members still with me, but unnie… unnie. Who’s going to comfort her when she cries?”

He lets the deafening silence envelop between them… as he just gazed at her longingly.

It was comfortable being in silence with her, it’s weird but he feels they understand each other more this way, in this close spaced and stupidly… he lets his instinct take over.

“I miss you.”

Seohyun lifts her head…  She curves into a gentle smile. It looks solemn but he sees a glint of sparks on her beautiful iris.

He can feel his heartbeats quicken.

“I miss you too, oppa.”

 

Author's Note

I can't believe i just wrote a really short one shot. I have always wanted to do so.. This and the fic with some sort of realism not those fairy tale ending, plus with a sort of different style in writing.