Far Away

Far Away

 

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" Key asked over the phone. Jonghyun, on the other line, just chuckled.

"Yes, baby, I'm gonna be okay. You don't have to worry about anything. I'm coming back home tomorrow anyway since this is my last concert," Jonghyun answered. Key smiled to himself a little.

"Yeah, I know. I still feel bad for not coming to your concert."

"Don't worry about it Key. As long as I know that you're still gonna be supporting me along the way, you don't have to come. I just want you to be safe right at home." Key smiled a little wider.

"I know. I just wish you weren't so far away from me..." He couldn't see it, but at the other end of the line, Jonghyun frowned.

"Baby, I wish I could see you right now too." Key could hear a man's voice in the background telling Jonghyun to hurry up. "Ah, I gotta go. The concert starts in a few minuets. I'm sorry I couldn't talk to you until you fell asleep this time. I love you so much Key. Goodnight and be sure to dream of me." Key chuckled a little when he heard Jonghyun making a kissing sound.

"Alright. Have a good time. I love you too Jonghyun. Goodnight." Key imitated Jonghyun's kissing noise before finally hanging up his phone.

Key sighed as he made his way into the kitchen in his pink pajamas to get something to eat before he went to bed. It wasn't the first night that he had to eat alone without Jonghyun. Sure, they live together, but because Jonghyun had finally took on his dream to become a singer, he had become popular so fast that he started doing more and more concerts. Concerts that weren't even being held in Korea.

Don't get Key wrong, he loved Jonghyun being a singer. He was very proud of him after all these years of hard working. The fact that Jonghyun had to be so far away from him all the time is what got to him.

Jonghyun was usually only home for about a few days before he had to leave to do concerts, fan meetings, etc. Key knows for sure that Jonghyun wouldn't cheat on him while he was away. They've been together for 3 years and they know that they truely love each other. So much that they would die for each other. He just wished he could see him more often.

Key is always missing him. He misses Jonghyun always holding him. He misses him always kissing him. He's glad that he still tells him that he loves him every night, but he missed hearing him say it in front of his face. He's always dreaming that Jonghyun will be with him and never go. Even though he knows that its not possible, since he has a job to do.

Suddenly, Key didn't seem that hungry anymore and just got a glass of water. He drunk the whole glass in one gulp before placing the cup into the sink. He turned off the kitchen light before heading upstairs to the room he and Jonghyun shared. It was filled with pictures of them everywhere, or as Key likes to call them, memories that they shared together.

Key climbed into the bed and pulled the covers up to his chin. He layed his head onto the pillow and closed his eyes, beginning to dream about Jonghyun.

...

The sound of his alarm clock was what woke Key up. He groaned before literally slamming his alarm clock off. He sat up in bed, stretching his arms out and yawing, and the first thing he did was check his phone to see if Jonghyun called him or sent him a text message. To his surprise, he didn't get anything. Ah, must be sleeping on the plane right now. He'll be back home when I get off of work later, Key thought to himself and smiled.

Key got out of bed and walked to his bathroom. He brushed his teeth and stripped down his clothes before entering the hot shower. Once he got out, he dried himself off and put on and stylish outfit to wear for the rest of the day. He is a fashion designer after all. He even designed some of Jonghyun's clothes. He grabbed his bag that was sitting on his desk chair and head out of his room. He made his way towards the kitchen,fixed himself up a cup of coffee and a bagel, and headed out the door with his coffee in one hand and his bagel in the other. He unlocked his car and the engine. He set his bag on the other chair, the coffee in the cup holder, and the bagel in his mouth. In a matter on seconds, he was off to work.

...

Eight straight hours of work made Key so exhausted. It was finally six o' clock, which meant it was time for him to go home and meet with Jonghyun back at home. He grabbed all of his belongings before heading his way outside towards his car. He entered his car and drove as fast as he could to get back home. He just couldn't wait to see Jonghyun after so long, considering he had been gone for over a week.

Once he finally pulled up into the driveway, he grabbed his bag and quickly made his way towards his front door. He took out his house key and inserted it into the lock on the door. He twisted it towards the right and turned the doorknob.

"Jonghyun! I'm home!" Key screamed with joy as he took a step in. However, he didn't hear a response. Key closed the door while locking it and took off his shoes. He set his bag down onto the couch before going upstairs. "Jonghyun? Are you here?" he tried calling out again. He looked inside the room that they both shared. Jonghyun wasn't inside, nor did he hear anyone from inside the bathroom. Jonghyun isn't here yet? What's taking him so long? He reached into his pocket and grabbed out his phone. He flipped it open and speed dialed Jonghyun. After a minuet of hearing the dial tone, it went straight to voicemail. He didn't answer. Jonghyun didn't even call or text him throughout the entire day. Key was beginning to get a little worried, but knew everything was going to be okay. This was Kim Jonghyun for crying out loud.

Key changed into more comfortable clothing and went downstairs to watch some TV. None of his favorite shows were on, so he decided to watch the news. He was uninterested at first until the news reporter starting talking about Japan.

Just last night, a concert hall in Tokyo, Japan had caught on fire. The whole place has been completely burned down. Evidence about how the fire started has not yet been released. However, the fire had started right when Korean singer, Kim Jonghyun, was in the middle of holding a concert. Citizens of Japan had made it out just in time before the building collapsed onto the ground. However, news on singer Kim Jonghyun making out of the building has not been made. Residents and fans around the area have stated that they haven't seen him come out like the rest. Firefighters did all they could to put out the fire and search for the young singer, but had reported that he was no where in sight. Japanese fans were devasted to hear that he wasn't found. Even his company had reported that he wasn't back in Korea yet. Folks, it looks like this could be the end of Kim Jonghyun.

Key collapsed onto his knees once he heard this. His whole body started to shake and his lip started to quiver. J-Jonghyung? He's....d-dead...? Before he knew it, tears started rolling down his cheeks. He didn't want to believe this was true.

"J-Jonghyun!!" he screamed, hoping that Jonghyun would magically appear in front him and kiss his tears away. But he knew it wasn't going to happen.

As if on cue, Key's best friend, Onew, had made his way into his house. He got in easily because he had a spare key.

"Key!" He ran towards the crying boy and helped him onto the couch. Onew had seen the news about Jonghyun as well, and the first thing he thought of, was Key. "Key, I'm so sor-"

"No! Jonghyun isn't dead! He can't be!" Key screamed at the top of his lungs. "He's coming back home, I know he is!" He cried as loud as he could. Onew just stayed silent and held him on the couch.

....

Two hours had passed and Jonghyun still not back yet, like Key had hoped. It was already dark outside. He kept saying say the same things over and over again.

Jonghyun...

Come back home.

I miss you so much.

Why are you still so far away from me?

Onew wanted Jonghyun to be alive just as much as Key wanted him to be, but he had to face the facts, and Key need to face the facts as well.

"Key, I know you're still waiting for Jonghyun to come back, but, let's face it. He's not coming back. He's...gone." The last part of Key's heart finally dropped. Who did he think he was thinking that Jonghyun would come back after such an event? It would take a miracle for him to have survived. Key cried harder and felt ready to fall apart.

"JONGHYUN! PLEASE COME BACK TO ME! DON'T LEAVE ME LIKE THIS!" He cried his broken heart out. Onew felt bad that Key had to go through this. He set Key off of his shoulder and set him down to lie down on his pillow to cry on. Key kept repeating Jonghyun's name over and over again, having little belief that Jonghyun would somehow appear after saying his name so many times. "J-Jonghyun, I want to see you....stop being so far away from me. Come back....please come back...don't leave me..." he whispered while still crying. Key was completely broken, and Onew couldn't stand seeing him like this.

Suddenly, Onew looked out the window and saw a person standing in front of the house. He opened the door to take a closer look. As the light from inside of the house shined on the person, he smiled.

"Key!" Onew called out to him, but Key was still crying silently into his pillow. He felt ready to just give up on life.

"Jonghyun...I want to see you..."

"Key!!" Key's eyes immediately shot open. That voice...is that...? Key quickly jumped up from the couch and ran to the door where Onew was standing. Key opened his mouth in amazement and his eyes got wider as he found Jonghyun, standing on the sidewalk with a goofy smile on his face. "Key..." Jonghyun breathed out. Tears fell down from his face as well.

"Jonghyun!!" Key couldn't take it anymore. He took his step out the door and ran towards Jonghyun, leaping into his arms. Jonghyun picked him up and spun him around. When he finally put him down, Jonghyun pulled him in for a kiss that seemed to have lasted forever.

"Key, I'm so sorry," Jonghyun finally said as he pulled away.

"Wha-...what happened?" asked Key.

"I didn't know when the fire started and got caught in it. I made it out before I could get trapped inside, but once I got out, I felt so scared. I wasn't scared about dieing in that fire. I was scared of not seeing you anymore." Jonghyun raised his hand and wiped away the tears that were on Key's face. Not like it was necessary since Key just kept on crying. "Key, I'm gonna quit on being a singer." Key was shocked and amazed.

"W-why?" he stuttered.

"Because I'm always too far away from you. I don't wanna keep leaving you anymore. Who was I to make you wait? I keep missing you. I've been far away for far too long. I know its gonna be a little hard for me at first since I won't be having a job for a while, but I'd do anything to just keep you close to me. I'd do anything for you. With you, I'd withstand all of hell to hold your hand. I'd give it all. I'd give for us. I'd give anything, but I won't give up. I swear Key, I'd just stop breathing if I couldn't see you anymore." Key just stared at his eyes for a while before a small smile crept upon his face.

"I'm not gonna stop you if that is what you wanna do. I'm just so glad that you're okay. I would stop breathing if I couldn't see you anymore too." Jonghyun smiled as well and pulled him in for a hug.They wanted to stay like that forever. Jonghyun picked up his head a little to see Onew staring them, leaning on the door smiling. Jonghyun assumed that he took care of Key for a while, so he mouthed the words "thank you" to him. Onew just nodded his head and went back inside, leaving the door open. Suddenly, he heard Key chuckle a little.

"Key?" He pulled away from a little to look at him. He was perfectly smiling now.

"You know....I've always wanted you to stay. Cause I needed...I need to hear you say...." Jonghyun smashed their lips together before he could finish his sentence.

"That I love you?" Key nodded his head, still smiling. "I've loved you all along. I'm sorry Key."

"Its okay. I forgive you being away for far too long." Jonghyun kept an arm around his waist while his other hand was carressing his cheek.

"Keep breathing, cause I'm not leaving you anymore. Believe it." Key cried his last tear.

"Jonghyun?"

"Yeah?"

"Hold on to me, and never let me go."


A/N: Ohohoho...I was thinking about making this a sad story, but I just can't do that with Jongkey x3 So there you go. If you listened to the song before, you can tell that I used some of the lyrics into the story. So it just made this story twice as better >.< Please comment and thanks for reading <3