Working with you?

FALLING IN LOVE

Few days passed and Hyoyeon was still confused and embarrassed about what she has done. Yes a kiss, just a simple kiss but why she was feeling so confused and happy at the same time. Happy? Well she kissed no other than Jessica but was still not sure about her feelings towards her. Does she like Jessica? Does she feel something deeper than just a friend who she met recently? The truth was that Hyoyeon was falling in love with Jessica but she couldn’t realize it.

Well for Jessica, she was also a little confused but she was already feeling something towards Hyoyeon. Deeply inside her she knew she was falling for Hyoyeon but she didn’t want to admit it to herself. She was somehow scared because she wasn’t sure what Hyoyeon was feeling.

 

Monday 8:00 a.m.

 

Hyoyeon woke up because of the alarm, stretched out her hands and got up. Took a shower and went down to eat something before going to work. An hour later she was already at the club doing her daily work routines. While talking with some of the waiters her phone rang.

“Hello?” Hyoyeon said.

“Good morning, Ms.Kim. I’m Mr. Jung Kiwoon, the owner of “Jung’s Corporation”. He responed.

“Good morning Mr.Jung, yes I’ve heard a lot about your company and I know it’s the biggest business company in the U.S.A” Hyoyeon answered.

“Yes, that’s right. I’m sure you don’t know why I’m calling. Well, I saw the article about your club who was chosen as the best one of the year and I’m really impressed because you’re still young but already so successful and really hard-working. I’m planning of having a club and I wanted to ask you if you can be the manager of my club because you’re doing great with your own one.” Mr.Jung said.

“Oh, I’m glad to hear that you said such great things about me and my club. I really appreciate your offer.” Hyoyeon replied.

“So are you going to accept?” Mr.Jung asked.

“Well, I think that’s a really good opportunity for me and my career, so, yes I accept.” Hyoyeon replied.

“I’m really happy to hear that and I’m sure you took the right decision. I assure you that it’ll make you even more popular and successful.”Mr.Jung responded.

“I guess everything will be fine, I just have to work hard.” Hyoyeon said.

“Yes, but you’re always hard-working so it won’t be a problem at all. To celebrate this wonderful partnership I invite you to a dinner in my house tonight.” Mr.Jung replied.

“Oh, really? That’s a good idea and I’m glad to come. Thank you for the invitation!” Hyoyeon answered.

“Okay, then I’ll see you tonight. Goodbye Ms Kim!” Mr.Jung said.

“Goodbye! Have a nice day!” she replied.

Hyoyeon hung up and sat down on the chair next to her. She was quite surprised from what she heard just a minute ago. Thinking about the conversation she felt happy and smiled widely because she knew that this was a huge opportunity for her. Hyoyeon decided to call her sister to tell her about the good news.

“Minnie, what are you doing?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Hey Cookie, I’m at the university right now and I’m having a small break. What are you doing?” Hyuna replied.

“I’m at the club but I just received a really interesting call from Mr.Jung who’s the owner of the “Jung’s Corporation”. He offered me to be the manager of his new club which is going to be built soon. And I accepted cause it’s a really good opportunity and it’ll help me a lot.” Hyoyeon said excited.

“Congrats Cookie, I’m really happy for you. We should celebrate it tonight.” Hyuna responded.

“Mr.Jung already invited me to a dinner tonight so we can celebrate it so I can’t be with you but we’ll do it tomorrow, okay?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Okay Cookie. I should go now because my break is almost over.” Hyuna replied.

“Okay, okay, don’t be late and make sure you study properly.” Hyoyeon laughed.

“Yah, Cookie, you know I’m always studying so hard and passionately.” Hyuna tried to be serious for a second but she couldn’t hold back her laugh because she knew that she wasn’t studying well.

“Yeah you’re the best student ever.” Hyoyeon laughed even harder.

“I should really go now. I’ll call you later. Love you Cookie. Bye!” Hyuna said.

“Bye Minnie, love you too.” Hyoyeon responded and hung up.

 

Meanwhile at Jessica’s house…

 

Jessica was still sleeping when one of the maids came to her room to wake her up. After couple of minutes she woke up and saw the maid who told her that her father was waiting for her downstairs. She nodded and covered her head with the blanket. Almost fallen asleep again she heard someone shouting her name. It made her annoyed so she decided to finally get up and take a shower. Done with dressing and make up she walked to the living room and saw her dad waiting while drinking a coffee.

“Good morning dad!” Jessica greeted him.

“Oh you’re finally awake.” Mr.Jung smiled.

“Yeah. You wanted to see me. What’s going on?” she asked.

“Well, I’m going to have a club and I already found the best manager but since you’re being all lazy and doing nothing after you graduated you’ll be the one who’ll make the architecture of the club.” Mr.Jung said.

“And why is that sudden decision of me working? I don’t remember of saying anything like that.” Jessica responded.

“All of your friends who are the same age as you are working, so why you shouldn’t be doing it? You should finally start your own career and life. You can’t always count on me because you should be independent.” Mr.Jung answered.

“As I see you already made the decision so I can’t say anything. Fine, I’ll make what you want from me.” Jessica smiled.

“That’s good. Oh and one more thing, I invited the new manager to a dinner tonight so you should also be here, no excuses.” Mr.Jung said.

“Okay daddy. Don’t worry, I’ll be here. I’m going to the mall for a bit. See you soon.” Jessica said back and kissed her father on the cheek.

 

Hours passed and Hyoyeon just came back home so she can get ready. She dressed simply but she was still stunning. Put on some light make up and curled a bit her hair at the ends of it. The clock just struck 7:30 p.m. and Hyoyeon decided to leave in order not to be late. Not long after that she arrived in front of the house and parked her car. Hyoyeon walked towards the door and rang the bell. One of the maids opened the door and told her that Mr.Jung and his family was waiting for her in the living room. She nodded and went towards the room. Mr.Jung saw her and greeted her with a smile.

“Hello Ms. Kim!”

“Please just call me Hyoyeon, I don’t like the formality.” Hyoyeon smiled back.

“Then Hyoyeon it’s nice to have you in my home and I’m really happy that we’re going to work together.” Mr.Jung said.

“I’m also glad to work with you Mr.Jung. I’m sure that we’ll succeed.” Hyoyeon replied.

“So Hyoyeon, that’s my wife, Ms.Jung.” Mr.Jung said.

“It’s nice to meet you Hyoyeon. I heard a lot about you and your club and I wish you luck with the new one.” Ms.Jung smiled and shook hands with Hyoyeon.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you too Ms.Jung.” Hyoyeon smiled.

“Oh and that’s my daughter.” Mr.Jung said and waved at his daughter who was coming towards them.

Hyoyeon turned to the left and was shocked to see that Mr.Jung’s daughter was Jessica... Quite confused and surprised she still managed to smile like nothing happened. Jessica was also shocked but at the same time happy to see Hyoyeon again.

“Hello Hyoyeon!” Jessica smiled.

“H-hi Jessica.” Hyoyeon stuttered.

“So you both know each other?” Mr.Jung asked.

“Well, she’s Taeyeon’s best friend and we just met several times.” Jessica explained still looking at Hyoyeon who just nodded.

“That’s perfect because you’ll be able to work easier.” Mr.Jung said.

“Work together?” Hyoyeon asked shocked.

“Oh yes, I forgot to tell you that Jessica will make the architecture of the club so you can both work on some ideas of the design and stuff.” Mr.Jung answered.

“Oh…okay.” Hyoyeon replied.

“Or you don’t want to work with her?” Mr.Jung asked.

“No, it’s alright.” Hyoyeon smiled slightly.

“Then I guess we should go celebrate now.” Mr.Jung smiled and walked towards the table.

While eating Mr.Jung told funny jokes and also talked with Hyoyeon about business. But even when answering to his questions, Hyoyeon was looking at Jessica all the time. She was feeling her heart beating fast and she couldn’t control to stop looking at the other girl. Jessica was also looking at her not even blinking for a second. An hour and a half later they finished the dinner and went outside at the garden to drink a coffee.

“So Hyoyeon what are your parents working?” Ms.Jung asked.

“They have a business company in Korea and they’re working there. They come here for the holidays or I go to Korea sometimes.” Hyoyeon replied.

“Oh, that’s great. And do you have siblings?” Mr.Jung asked.

“Yes, I have a sister and she’s younger than me. She’s still studying in the university.” Hyoyeon answered.

“We should meet her sometime.” Mr.Jung said.

“Of course, since I’m going to work with you I’m sure you’ll get to know her and me better.” Hyoyeon smiled and drank the last sip of the coffee.

“Thank you for the awesome dinner, it was really delicious and I had a lot of fun with your jokes Mr.Jung. But I think I should go now.” Hyoyeon said politely and walked towards the door.

“I’m glad you enjoyed the night and I’m happy we’ll work together. Goddnight!” Mr.Jung responded while shaking hands with her.

“Goodnight Mr.Jung and Ms.Jung and… Jessica.” Hyoyeon replied looking at Jessica’s eyes.

Hyoyeon walked outside and went to her car. When she opened the door she heard someone calling for her. It was Jessica…

“Hyoyeon! Hyoyeon!”

“What’s wrong?” Hyoyeon asked.

“You forgot your phone on the table.” Jessica responded handing the phone to the other girl.

“Oh thanks. I’ll go now, bye!” Hyoyeon said and when she was going to get in the car Jessica held her wrist.

“Can we talk for a bit?” Jessica asked.

“Talk about what?” Hyoyeon asked back with a questioning look.

“About the kiss…” Jessica replied quietly.

“Oh…” It was the only thing that Hyoyeon could say.

“I just don’t want you to feel embarrassed and awkward around me. It just happened and we shouldn’t think about it anymore especially that’ll be working together soon. I don’t feel bad anymore and you shouldn’t feel that way too, okay?” Jessica said.

“Yeah, you’re right. It’s not a big deal so I’ll just forget about that.” Hyoyeon answered.

“Alright then goodnight and drive safely. See you soon!” Jessica responded.

“Goddnight! See ya!” Hyoyeon replied and got in the car and drove away leaving Jessica who was still looking at the car which was slowly drifting away.