Final Season

Matched Season
Please log in to read the full chapter
  I suggest you to listen this song while reading this ^^ Nu'est- Happy Birthday 

 

"Final Season"

 

Have you thought that this life was unique? For her it was. This world has so many people with different kind of thought, problem, personality and destiny. 

 

“One hot chocolate and one strawberry cheesecake, right?” the girl repeated the order, Eunji gave her a smile and nod. “And the song will be playing in ten minute.” The girl informed her

“Thank you, Oenni.” This day, Eunji made a request to the owner to play a certain song.

 

The cafe was playing the acoustic songs when she came which somehow add the gloomy feeling in this autumn season. For her autumn was like herself, the color and the aura, somehow the seasons made us think something peacefully because the warm-cold feel like her. It was not she didn't like the other season but she just thought so, she likes summer and spring too. When the summer and spring came, the happiness was all over the place, it balanced her, felt the happiness. The winter was too cold that she afraid it would affect her so much to become more cold than the winter. But when the autumn come she thought it was hers. Maybe people would think she was crazy, how people could change easily based on season. But she was the only exception.

She looked at the girl who placed her order on the table. Chorong was the owner of this cafe and also Eunji’s friend. Eunji and Chorong became friend three years ago. She has a beautiful face and heart. It still strange how they could become a friend. Chorong was one of them who helped her in this new world. Being a roommate with Eunji, Chorong would tellher everything, her problem and her happiness but never did Eunji told hers. Eunji felt so special with all people around her, happy and scared at the same time. Happy because they could accept her but scared that they could left her again as usual but all of the time, she used to that condition.

Being an introvert girl sometime she easily got misunderstanding by others. Once they accused her as shadow girl because she would be silent all the time they played together. She was being observant and would sit alone, watching them played anything. She was shy to say anything being centered by, and she was afraid to speak up against another because didn’t want to cause any harm to other. But there also the time when she would get along with them easily. Then again, people called her weird.

 

“Oh, its start, your song.” The song was playing, they looked each other when they heard the intro. “Enjoy your night, Eunji.”

Eunji searched her phone from the bag, pressed the speed number, wait until it reached the person on the other line.

“Hello...hello...” The man answered. She put the phone on the table, the line still connected to him. Her palm cupped around the hot chocolate cup, feeling the warmness.

The person on the other line confused about her action but then he knew something when listened to the back song. He probably still worked on his paper, looking at the table calendar, he smiled. He opened the folder on his laptop and set it as on slide show. Different place, but they have same thought.

 

On a cold winter day,

God has sent an angel on earth for one person

The winter girl comes, it was the first thing that heard once she came back to her neighborhoods. Winter girl was another nickname, cold and ignorance just like when she was born on snowy day, she knew it after a little boy told her when they met on the grass yard. It was when she still on the 6th grade on school, the things began.

Just a sigh that escaped from , her lips performed a bitter smile but it was the best for her. How a little girl walked towards her home on the uniform and backpack full of book that made her pulled her shoulder, hearing those kind of word from few woman who was gossiping around. Thus, she hung her head low, smiling to the ground like she didn’t hear anything. Walked passing them was scarier than passing the empty house with a hundred years tree that create a big shadow.

Her home almost on the edge of the path. Once, when she saw the cream pastel house with a big yard she slowed her pace. She looked into the house through a wooden fence which about her height. A bark behind the wooden hence and a sound of the door opened startled her.

“Eunji, is that you?” He was an aged man with grey hairs, she decided to call Mr. Kim ‘Haraboji’ and with a bow she greeted him back.

“You want to come in?” these families always welcome her no matter what the other told.

She held the backpack strap as she was thinking to go or not. Before she could answer the old man already put his hand on her shoulder brought her inside. She looked at the white dog, Nana, which sat on the grass lazily, it also welcome her with a bark. She remembered a few days ago Haraboji told her that the dog was pregnant so she studied Nana’s stomach, the white fur. She thought it was amazing that Nana was pregnant and would has a puppy, she wonder how they looks like.

It was winter too when Eunji met him, Mr and Mrs. Kim grandson, Sunggyu, he was a year older then her. Sunggyu inherited his grandparent looks and heart, who looked at her as an ordinary girl and also welcomed her to be his friends. Sunggyu had come a week ago and decided to live with his grandparents. He was nice like his grandparent but being a typical Eunji, she acted cool and full of caution to the new people.

Being new at the neighborhood Sunggyu sometime followed her

Please log in to read the full chapter