...

Late Nights
   Sitting down on the couch, Tao was beat and mad. He went to the mall to go shopping and found out that he needed some bigger clothes. Then, some random person was walking around in the store with a drink, when they weren't supposed to do in the first place, and spilt their drink on Tao's favorite Gucci bag. Tao was ticked. Yifan got him that bag when they were still dating and it was the first and only one he got. So he cared for that bag deeply. And even though the man apologized twenty something times, Tao didn't care and just walked right out of the store. And to top it all off, he's been feeling sick and has been throwing up. He sighed deeply.
    "Tao, babe, you alright?" Yifan asked him. He had just walked into the room and sat down next to his husband, handing him a cup of tea with some honey in it. Tao shook his head no and, for some odd reason, he felt like crying. His eyes started to tear up and he put his head onto Yifan's shoulder.
    "I'm not alright. Today has been horrible. I feel like crap, this random person spilt his drink all over my favorite Gucci bag, and I'm getting fat!" He ended with a whine. His tears started to come down now and Yifan pulled him onto his lap.
    "Shh, babe, I'll get you a new Gucci bag and I want you to take a nap. And Tao, I fell in love with you and not your body. I don't care even if you're tall or short or round or thin, I'll love you either way. So no more crying okay?" He pulled Tao's head up and wiped away his tears. Tao nodded.
    "Okay."
    "Good. Now I want you to get some sleep. I'll wake you up when I'm done making dinner okay?" Tao nodded again and got up to lay down. Yifan sighed quietly to himself. He was worried about his husband. He's been throwing up the last few days and if it continued, then he'll take Tao to the hospital to get him a check up. He hates seeing his lover in distress. Yifan got up and started making some old fashioned chicken noodle soup. Once he was done, he grabbed a bowl and some crackers and moved into their shared bedroom. "Tao, time to wake up. Dinners done." Tao groaned and turned over.
    "Don't wanna." He mumbled. Yifan chuckled.
    "Come on, babe. You need to eat this." He heard Tao sigh before sitting up. Yifan walked over to him and started feeding him. Once the soup was all done, he let Tao lay back down before going back to the kitchen to eat his soup and clean up. By the time he was done, he went back into the bedroom and got in next to Tao, who curled up onto him. "Night, babe."
    "Night."
    The next morning, Yifan woke to the sounds of Tao throwing up. He got up and went to the bathroom. As he started to rub his sick husband's back, he said, "We're going to the hospital today. I'll schedule an appointment." Tao just weakly nodded before throwing up again. Once Tao was clean and his teeth were brushed, Yifan called in to make an appointment. The lady on the phone said that he could go in about an hour and a half.
    Two hours passed and Yifan and Tao were waiting on the doctor. He wanted to run some tests on Tao and then left but that was over thirty minutes ago. "Do you think that there's anything wrong with me?" Tao asked quietly.
    "No, baby. I'm sure he just has other patients that need him more than we do right now. Everything's fine. You're okay." Yifan stood next to Tao and wrapped his arm around his shoulders, causing Tao to lean into Yifan. The doctor walked in.
    "I just got your test results back. The reason why you're throwing up a lot, Mr. Wu, is because you are about four weeks pregnant. Congratulations." Tao's eyes got wide and so did Yifan's. The doctor left them alone to process the information.
    "Yifan?" Tao asked shakily. He didn't know if Yifan wanted a baby or not so he was afraid that Yifan would leave him. Yifan looked down at his husband and his heart swelled. He smiled his 'stupid smile' (which was just his gummy smile that Tao both loved and hated) and hugged Tao.
    "You're pregnant, Tao. You have a life growing inside of you that I helped create. We're gonna be fathers." Yifan started to tear up now. 
    "So you're happy?" Tao looked up and saw Yifan's tears and smile.
    "Of course I'm happy." Tao sniffled.
    "Then...can we get ice cream?" Yifan laughed and nodded.
    "Of course. My treat."